Fifa 2009

Discussion in 'Games' started by mcnaulty21, Apr 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KyleS8

KyleS8 Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Kanada
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Has anyone ever got saved by a diving goalie that didn't even touch the ball?

I was on a breakaway and shot the ball top right corner, the keeper dove sideways to try and stop the shot and with his hands about a solid 2 feet away from the ball it magically got redirected out for a corner. :confused:

Stupid glitch that has been frustrating me... :mad:

2. ilbambino

ilbambino Member

Apr 21, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is the best FIFA Game ever and maybe the best soccer game ever.

3. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    Does it happen often? I've never heard of this glitch. If it happened once, then it could've been just a very rare glitch in the game. If it's occurring frequently, then it could be that your eyes are just playing tricks on you.

By the way, a little story to share. After going through the learning curve, I became really good. I was beating people online who used the Italys, Frances, Englands, Argentinas, Spains, Brazils of the world with the United States. My gameplay was effective. I was even ranked, and none of my online pals could touch me. Yet since the start of this weekend, I guessed I've burned out as I struggle to string two passes together and have gotten p0wned by teams all weekend long. I've lost games 4-0 twice and I'm struggling to find my previous form.

I know my touch will come back eventually, probably within a week. I'd have these same issues back in my avid PES days. I'd play the game so much, that I'd hit a "gamer's block" so to speak, and would struggle to play at an average level. My skill would come back to me after a few days of suffering. Hoepfully that's the case with FIFA too. :eek:

4. Nani #17

Nani #17 New Member

Nov 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Yeah and the norwegian league socks

5. Che Matador

Che Matador Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Inside the Beltway
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

bro whats your tag, up for a couple of games tonight??

6. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i've found this problem for me too.. i am too inconsistent and probably have the worst luck when im off. when i'm on i beat anyone, i mean anyone.. i even beat the ranked 4 guy 5-3 and took a picture of my t.v.and many other high ranked players.. i was beating everyone.. then i will go to lose versus unranked people who only played 30 games constantly..

7. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    Well I got (most of) my touch back last night, but I'm still lacking in the finishing department. Hopefully it comes back, and it appears so as I won the last game I played 5-0.

I guess it's kind of realistic though in the sense that even in real life the best teams have trouble finding their form and lose to inferior opponents.

8. MannieG

MannieG Member+

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Finishing has always been my downfall. I can completely dominate possesion and passing, but I have trouble scoring. It's probably due to the fact that i take very little risks, and try to play a south american style where I want to walk the ball into the goal, which the defense usually bunkers down an chokes me out in the 18. I can get up the wings fairly easy, but crosses are not my cup of tea, quick, short passing build-up, usually finishing w/ a slicing through ball is how I like to play. And I usually end up suferin for it. I get more skill points than the guy who won, but still...

9. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    okay i lost 4 more games which 3 were not better than me and my record is 45-45. may i ask what team and what formation you guys play with? i know i am better than 3/4 of these people but it seems my opponents dont even give me an inch. thanks

10. O Fenômeno

O Fenômeno New Member

Apr 21, 2007
    New Jersey
    Yea I hate that....the keeper takes you out hard as hell....

Slides through your legs...

It's liek in HALO when you have the energy sword and you can lunge at someone from like 10 feet away.

11. KyleS8

KyleS8 Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Kanada
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I did an instant replay and did it in slow-mo and the ball definatley did not touch the keerp's hands. It has happened to me twice I believe.

12. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    Oh so you're talking about playing the computer, not online. I don't play much against the CPU so I can't help you on that. Sorry.

13. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    Not to get off topic, but that's part of its power.

14. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so FIFA 09 needs a patch? ok

15. THAT_BOY_RONALDO

THAT_BOY_RONALDO New Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    i hope they have ioncluded some more real club grounds like the telstra dome for melbourne victory.
    and i mate gets pissed of sometimes cos they never put the greek league in and his fav club is panathanikos. they are only in rest of the world where there are no leagues just clubs

16. DLee

DLee Member

Apr 24, 2006
    Chicago
    This is probably a big time n00b question, but does FIFA 09 for Nintendo Wii have online play?

17. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yes.

18. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The fact that one can't exchange players on the national teams with ones in the game that are from said nation. Some nations are grossly out of sinc.

19. Naui_Ocelotl

Naui_Ocelotl Member

Apr 3, 2008
    You can do this, it's in the 'international selections' menu. The only problem is you can't use edited squads on ranked online matches.

20. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    How is that a problem? Everyone would just put the best rated players on the squad. You can use your personal edited squads on unranked matches.

21. sportscribe

sportscribe Member

Jul 2, 2007
    This game is a letdown. Am I the only one that feels this is a poor imitation of the PES series? I hear people saying it's a carbon-copy of FIFA 08, but to me it feels like an entirely new game. The only similarity I see is the graphics, but the general "feel" of the game it different. It plays like a shoddy Pro Evolution Game. It doesn't have the degree of difficulty, playmaking ingenuity or overall realism that made me fall in love in 08. The game is entirely basic - too simple. The speed of play in unreal and the referee sim is just a joke. Looks like I'll be sticking with FIFA 08.

22. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Completley agree. The demo IMO felt great(everything FIFA 08' was but better and quicker passing) compared to the Real Deal. Fifa 08' although it had its flaws was better than this version. The demo felt better than the actual release. I was surprised and let down as this FIFA i was thinking about buying. I owned 08' but got tired of the league play in the game, as the computer felt too unrealistic and the goals i scored had no creativity compared to the ones i scored(and owned people) online.

Fifa 09' feels too wierd, the gameplay is comlpetely different.

23. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    If you think FIFA 08 is better than FIFA 09, then I'd recommend you to get your head examined. :p

24. Naui_Ocelotl

Naui_Ocelotl Member

Apr 3, 2008
    The reason I say it's a problem is because if there is a new up and coming player, such as Omar Arellano with Mexico, you can't play him on the NT until tne mid-season squad update or the next FIFA.

25. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    hey FC do you play it on 360 or ps3?