FIFA 2006 is great

Discussion in 'Games' started by kerowack, Oct 6, 2005.

1. Mr. Bee

Mr. Bee New Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Buzzing Around
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I never play online. Never, ever, ever. Reason?

Online I can't pause to go change a diaper, look at a drawing, help with homework, give a bath, etc.

So, don't just assume that everybody's in the same situation.

2. MLS SupaStr3

MLS SupaStr3 New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    NJ
    i can't take the lag and i don't like playing agaisnt brasil or chelsea every single match...it gets boring

3. USFootiefan1980

LAFC
    United States
    Aug 19, 2005
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    its americans that always pick brazil i notice.. they are little pr!cks so they pick brazil every time.. chelsea not all the time i get alot of juventus

5. CbR

CbR Member

Nov 10, 2000
    Bergen County NJ
    one online game is like 10 mins long lol..i bet some ppl take longer schits than that

6. CbR

CbR Member

Nov 10, 2000
    Bergen County NJ
    thats why you ask for the other guy to change it up...usually they do and they dont care. The lag doesnt happen that often. I just had a great Roma-Porto game on fifa just now.

eventually you figure out the game's AI and u begin to score a majority of your goals the same way. (vs the computer)

i bet 95% of the guys here won a championship their first year on career mode/master leauge b/c of the fact they chose not to save the games they lost
    :p

to each his own i guess

7. perucho79

perucho79 New Member

Dec 2, 2004
    Monumental
    not my cup of tea, to be honest I dont notice much difference between fifa 05 and 06......it did improve a bit but you play 2-3 games and your bored whgere as WE you can play all day and not be bored

8. chuwy2000

chuwy2000 Member

Jun 17, 2000
    El Paso Tx
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    How do you raise a team's star rating?

9. USFootiefan1980

LAFC
    United States
    Aug 19, 2005
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It has to do with how well they perform, how good the players on the team are, and how well the work as a team. Just having Ronaldinho, Beckham, Messi, ect won't make the rating improve having them working well together and winning matches will. And then if you change the line up this sometimes will effect the star rating as well.

10. saosebastiao

saosebastiao New Member

May 22, 2005

It took me 3 consecutive champions league titles to raise Benfica to 5 stars:)

11. USFootiefan1980

LAFC
    United States
    Aug 19, 2005
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I've brought Bristol Rovers from the bottom of Div. 2 to the top of the Prem League and into the UEFA cup and gotten a star and a half.:rolleyes:

12. chuwy2000

chuwy2000 Member

Jun 17, 2000
    El Paso Tx
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Ok thanks.

I guess I'll add my career thus far.

I am in my fifth season of managing Hull City. I just finished playing in my third all time Community Shield match. I beat Chelsea (Revenge! They ruined my would be treble lst season) 3-1.

When I first started, I took Hull City to a 17-17-12 record in the Football League Championship which was good for 6th overall. I went through the playoff and gained promotion to the Primership. I also won the FA Cup. The next season, I won absolutely nothing and narrowly missed out on being relegated.. I lost to Arsenal in the Community Shield. I ended up in 17th place with a record of 7-14-17. As far as European competition, I won my UEFA Cup group but was knocked out in the first knock out stage. Other than that, I totally sucked it. LOL

My third season was a lot better thanks to creative transfering and scouting. I ended up challenging for the title during the later part of the season, but came up just short. I ended up in third place with a record of 22-12-4. I was a double English cup winner by winning both the League and FA Cups. My fourth season (which I finished last night), I made it to the big time. To start off the season, I beat Arsenal to win my first Community Shield. I then qualified for the Champions League at the beginning of the season after a two leg series with Borussia Dartmont. (sp?) I won my group and went on to somehow win it all with a hard fought victory over Real Madrid in the final. Domestically, I finally won the Premiership, having gone unbeaten the whole season. I finished with a record of 28-10-0, IIRC beating Arsenal by 5 points. For the second year in a row, I won the League Cup. The only hiccup in the road was my FA Cup final loss to Chelsea. :(

So in 4 complete seasons I have won:
    * Promotion to the EPL
    * 1 FA Premier League title
    * 2 FA Cups
    * 2 League Cups
    * 1 Community Shield and
    * 1 European Cup

When I first started, HCFC was a 2-star team playing in the "Open Square Style" stadium. After this past season, I am at 4 star having used all the money I earned to upgrade my stadium to the much bigger "Oval Style". As far as personel, I have been upgrading little by little. I tend to go for high ranking players from outside of Europe 'cause I seem to sign them more than Euro's.

13. chuwy2000

chuwy2000 Member

Jun 17, 2000
    El Paso Tx
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Forgot to mention I have been playing for 2 weeks.

So far, who's been the best sponsor? I was with T-Mobile for the past four seasons. Going into the fifth season, I signed with Grandiosa.

14. Ellison

Ellison Member

Jan 11, 2000
    New Jersey
    they still make this game?

15. perucho79

perucho79 New Member

Dec 2, 2004
    Monumental

:D yea they still do and its getting worse every year

16. bda52

bda52 Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Pittsburgh PA
    I mostly agree with you on that one. I have only played EA's soccer games in the last 5 years or so I do not know what the WE series is like. I finally picked it up for the PS2 when the price dropped to under $30 USD.

I love look of the game. I even like how it plays to an extent. I like the addition of the manager mode. I do not know if that is new for 2006, the last FIFA I had was 2003 or 2004.

What I do not like about the new FIFA:
    No more off the ball runs into space. I cannot believe they took that out! Is it just me or does the AI winger prefer to come inside no matter what offence you call?

Not a fan of the new corner kicks. I also liked how you used to have the target man on corners that had to fight his ground.

It also seems that they took out the pressure sensitive part of the shooting from the older versions. No matter how hard or soft I hit the shoot button, it still moves across the screen at the same pace. I am finding it hard release the button while it is in the little blue area. (I am currently playing as Columbus Crew and only have one 'skilled' shooter with a larger blue area)

I hate the new free kick mode. In the older version they used to have the ball on the screen and you placed the target as to where you wanted to strike the ball at to get swerve. Anytime I hit the shoot button, even lightly, the shooting bar goes off high into the stands. Either that or I have to quickly tap it quickly and it is a short ball the keeper has no trouble saving.

If they would have kept alot of the old style of targeting and player control then added the manager mode to it, it would have been a much better game.

I would give it a 5 out of 10 (it really pains me to say that too)

17. perucho79

perucho79 New Member

Dec 2, 2004
    Monumental
    I give FIFA games in general 3/10 ,Winning Eleven 20/10:D

18. bda52

bda52 Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Pittsburgh PA
    Now I am confused...you started this thread "disapointed at WE9". I am guessing you prefer WE8 the best since you were not happy with WE9?

19. perucho79

perucho79 New Member

Dec 2, 2004
    Monumental
    saying that I was disapointed at WE9 doest mean I like FIFA games, and if I said that FIFA was better I was sarcastic!!

20. KesOne

KesOne BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I have both Fifa06 and WE9. I also was frustrated with WE9 to the point that I went back to Fifa06 as I find it more fun. I also feel Fifa06 improved immensely from Fifa05, I dont think you guys can say the same about WE8 to WE9. I feel Fifa06 is catching up and by the next releases for both companies it should get more interesting.

21. bda52

bda52 Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Pittsburgh PA
    I was not meaning it the way you took it...I am sorry about that. What I was meaning is you gave Winning Eleven a 20 out of 10 yet you have a thread you started that you said you were disappointed in it.

Do you prefer WE8 over WE9? I have never played any of the WE series, I have always been turned off on it because I only see it with the generic kits for the teams (International teams only have a little flag on the jersey not the actual full kit). I am thinking of picking up one of the WE's used and want to know which would be better.

22. perucho79

perucho79 New Member

Dec 2, 2004
    Monumental

trust me try playing WE and you'll never wanna go back to FIFA games, as for the jersey well in FIFA the players look like if they are wearing a bullet proof jacket, and you see the same faces on many players

23. bda52

bda52 Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Pittsburgh PA
  24. KesOne

KesOne BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    :rolleyes: these games must make people schizo :D

25. perucho79

perucho79 New Member

Dec 2, 2004
    Monumental
    if you read carefully, I just said that I was sarcastic with that comment!!:confused: