FIFA 17 (Ultimate Team discussion)

Discussion in 'Games' started by Goodsport, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. usry723

usry723 Member+

Aug 14, 2008
    Georgia, USA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    778828116592619520 is not a valid tweet id

3. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I played the FUT draft last night for first time. I made it to the semis, but everyone I played parked the bus and just tried to out pace my defense with Ronaldo and Bale. It was very annoying. I can't imagine that is fun for them either. I had 70%+ possession, but I couldn't break down 8 defenders. I had to resort to long shots which sort of worked because I'd get corners which are easy to score off of. I read on /r/fifa that the park the bus tactic is really popular is the high divisions. "play beautifully"

I think I'm gonna stick with the Journey and career mode for now.

4. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I tried the FUT champions tournament. It's really tough and I am not sure if it's worth it. I ended up going 30-10 which got me to Gold 1. My prize is 50k, and a 100k pack. I mean that sounds awesome, but I literally played 40 matches in 3 days which is a lot of fifa. If I didn't lose 2 of my matches, I could have potentially gotten to Elite rank which guarantees me 11 players of the weeks team of the week, 60k, and a 100k pack. Really bummed that I was goofing off in the beginning of the tournament playing with random teams.

The tournament had it's fun moments, but also was annoying as hell. Some people are absolute scum in these tournaments. Lots of 5 at the back with park the bus from kick off. Musa, Smalling, Bailly were basically in every team. I had a few guys who scored then proceeded to just time waste the rest of the match even if they scored in the first 20 minutes of the match. One match I took a quick 3-0 lead, so the guy decided to just pass it back to his keeper from kick off, and score own goals. The new fifa kick off timer is set to 20 seconds, so the guy would just wait until the game would literally force him to do the kick off, then pass it back to his keeper and score and own goal. That match took almost an hour. Luckily I had no plans because I could imagine that making someone else quit if they had to be somewhere.

5. Kank

Kank New Member

Dec 6, 2016
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Fut champions is fun and annoying, but still fun.