FIFA 16 (General discussion)

Discussion in 'Games' started by Mengão86, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Go 16. FIFA 15 will be dead in a month tops. The game play of 16 is really challenging. It really forces you to play smart and know what you're doing. You can't just expect the game to do everything for you anymore.

2. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The passing certainly feels more organic than before, particularly in the midfield. :)

-G

Mengão86 repped this.
  3. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like over the top throughballs being brought back down to earth in particular. The passing is difficult now, but I can see it being very rewarding down the line.

4. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    So I don't know about any of you, but I am really bad at the game. I can't score at all. I get 20+ shots a match from good spots, but they never go in. I have missed absolute sitters. It really is started to piss me off. If I win a game, it's probably going to be 1-0. How do you score?!

5. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Crossing and drawing fouls for free kicks.

6. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I don't want to play like Stoke

7. usry723

usry723 Member+

Aug 14, 2008
    Georgia, USA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What buttons do you guys use for defending? I try to use jockey and the tackle button, but I get burnt so many times while my opponents seem to just be able to rush me 1 v 1 and tackle me no problem. I don't get it.

EruditeHobo repped this.
  8. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Personally I jockey to stay with someone then just try to crowd them out using X. Pushing the tackle button, which is R1 for me, just gets me burned. Skill moves and pace seem so nerfed that just getting in the opponent's way has been better for me.

Defending isn't my problem, it's attacking.

9. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Always hold RB + A so you will have two defenders on each attacker, and spam the B tackle with one of the defenders. Even if the attacker gets past the tackle, you have another defender jockeying right there.

10. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    Things are starting to pick up for me too. Maybe playing drunk/tired people late on Saturday helps. Also I am getting the hang of the no touch dribbling. Holding LT and RT to manuever more as well.

11. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    Off the top of my head, frustrations with this game:
    • Passes often misplaced because of direction or lack of power
    • Teammates seemingly unaware of their surroundings, no reaction to players or the ball
    • Counter-attacking is a nightmare. Often the player you pass to stops his run as soon as you pass. Or the through ball that you want to send will instead result in a short dink to a player right next to you.
    • Advantage is called much less often, resulting in killed chances. I even scored once and it didn't count.
    • Shots inexplicably go right to the keeper.
    • Players rarely come for the ball
    • I seem to cross to the keeper 90% of the time, even with Baines who has 91 crossing.

Mengão86 repped this.
  12. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Corner kicks suck in this game too. You have to put a ball far out near the edge of the box to keep it out of the keeper's range. Every single keeper is now good coming off their line. :rolleyes:

13. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Speaking on gameplay, has anyone noticed the shitty passing AI help that screws you up?

I try to do a short pass, but the computer will take over after I hit the pass button and do a long, often too far into space or into a defender pass that was meant for a close teammate...not the guy farther away. No matter how soft I hit the pass button, too.

It's screwing up the way I play the game and reminds me of FIFA I want to say 13 or 12? It had the same issue...and i Just learned to live with shit give aways.

Anyone else feel this game feels the same in that sense? Speed again is not a factor as much as it was in the prior version like in FIFA 13 compared to 12?

It's a constant cycle....

I am contemplating going back to PES cause I hear reviews have been phenomenal...

14. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Pass assist? Isn't that something you can turn off? What annoys me about passing is when you have two players that are close by one another and you want to pass the ball to one of them, but it goes to the other (actually, a defender usually intercepts it).

I don't remember how 12 or 13 feel, especially since those were last gen games.

If you get PES, let me know what you think. I may get it if it goes on sale in the next few months. My club is exclusive to them, so I'm tempted to give them a try again.

15. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea--exactly. THe passing is screwy and doesn't let you play 'close' passing like I am used to even in 15.

My buddy has that gamefly account and will be getting it soon :p If the online is good, I may switch over...

16. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    What's considered the downside of giving "high interception" instructions?

17. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    I tried it with CBs and they seemed to get pulled out of position so didn't try it again.

BTW, that high interception team was a bust for what I was expecting. However, I realize now I probably should have used high pressure.

18. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That's I figured. You may want to use high interception together with high pressure. Normally, I give high interception instructions to my front 2 or 3.

19. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Tap ins and tramping goals really piss me off this FIFA. I have missed absolute sitters because a player shoots it with his weak foot or is off balance. It's so frustrating when a shot deflects or rebounds to your player with an absolute tap in but since the ball is bouncing or on their left they miss. Literally just tapping the ball will make it go wide. Passing the ball when you have a breakaway is also silly. I have had multiple plays where it was an easy pass across for a tap into the open net but the player's easy pass turns into a pass to the keeper or behind the striker. I had a 3v0 and the keeper rushed the player with the ball so I through balled it to the wide open two players and it went out for a throw. Where is the realism? It's far too difficult to play a square ball or tap in a ball into an open net. These things should be standard for any player.

Stogey23 and Bolivianfuego repped this.
  20. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I've had mixed results with the driven ground pass. There are times where my player doesn't properly trap the ball (and they should) and it just bounces off their foot or leg to the opposition.

21. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Oh don't get me started with trapping a ball. Last night I was not able to go on a breakaway cause Ronaldo's first 3 touches took the ball from the top of the box all the way to the end like for a goal kick. It was a cross and he was wide open.

22. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    This bull crap makes my blood pressure rise. His keeper got a perfect 10/10! His player pulled me down when I was going on a breakaway and he didn't even get a card. Then he slide through the back of my striker, and again no card! I hit 4 posts, missed a tap in because a bouncing ball is impossible for a professional soccer player to score, and numerous breakaways. My opponent on the other hand got his first shot of the match in the 90th minute then I throw it out and and he got it back for a long distance strike off the post into the top corner! This game is too much for me.

Attached Files:

23. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lots of tackles... looks like he was pretty good defensively?

24. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    No I was just in his half for 80% of the game. He was really bad. I mean he was playing Ronaldo and a LW at CM.

25. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States