FIFA 14... In Your Dreams!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Seraphim Renegade, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA

2. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Looks like the PES demo comes out around the same type FIFA 15 releases. If I get FIFA, I was thinking about pre ordering and maybe getting the UT edition. Tough decision.

3. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    I am def in on FIFA 15, pre-ordered for UT. A good friend of mine just got an XBOX One and is real interested in FUT as well.

4. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I knew you'd fold lol. UT's got you hooked, I never thought you'd leave due to it.

5. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ha, I'm seriously considering PES. Are you getting it? Only downside is the EPL and some other leagues aren't licensed, but can be patched on (the file size of the patch is big though).

6. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I don't understand the whole patch thing, I was hoping there would be something like Fifa where you could download peoples created teams/lgs. Yea i'm getting PES, even though I tried the last 2 demos and thought it was mehhh. Can I just take a Usb card and upload it to the Xbox for the rosters? I want Serie b too, Epl is essential but I'll try to survive.

7. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Brazilian league being part of FUT is what will take away from my enjoyment. I liked building other teams, but I loved my silver Brazilian league team.

Notice how they stopped putting in Brazilian league players for their teams of the week since after the WC. The license agreement must have expired already. They are also lagging way behind with their squad updates for career mode, etc. Vasco still has last season's squad on the latest update (Tenorio, Alessandro, etc).

8. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yea I did notice that. I can't understand them messing with the Brazilian market.. The talk I'm hearing this year it sounds like PES is going to nfl 2k on their ass.

9. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    This would be welcome. Not sure I mentioned it, but I started with the Winning Eleven/PES franchise first.

I hope they both make great games.

10. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I preordered my fifa 15 for PS4 today. Don't even have a PS4 yet! Honestly the only reason I chose PS4 over Xbone this time around is because of Bloodbourne and Silent Hills. Xbone's specific games like halo never really interested me.

As for PES, yes dropping an extra $60 on game is a lot but I plan on getting the demo then maybe picking up a used copy around christmas time and playing it for a week. If I don't like it, I can always return it to game stop for full value. I do this with games I am uncertain on.

11. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yet we'll read about you complaining about Fifa at least once a week lol. Yet you preordered it. The PS4 is awesome, good choice.

12. Foot Fairies

Foot Fairies New Member

Aug 15, 2014
    United States
    I've never played PES before. How does it compare with FIFA?

13. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    It's an awful game, but it has its moments.

14. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The last 2 years were pathetic, b4 that it was better and more realistic according to a lot of people. I can't speak on it because I've always been a fifa guy.

Stogey23 repped this.
  15. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Some guy on another message board got an invite to the fifa 15 beta and this is his take from it:

Keepers are gods, they save nearly every 1v1. Headers still go in, but not as much. Keepers are prone to make a big mistake or two (i'd say this is a glitch)

Defending just isn't there. One pass can leave your whole defence useless. I think there is something wrong with the defending though. They seem slow and lazy to react to the attacking player changing direction and they tend to bunch up and leave big caps.

Pace seems to be killer because of the defence being so bad. Players running at full speed with the ball has too much directional movement which the defenders can't cope with.

I'm glad they released a beta because some of these things really need fixing.

Stogey23 repped this.
  16. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    #3591 Stogey23, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
    C'mon, it can be better - but is Next Gen FIFA 14 not the best soccer game of all time? That's what I hope EA can do, just keep improving the product. The changes to defending (I am actually forced to defend one on one now), and attacking (in 13 I relied on pace, couldn't in this version) were fantastic.

There are still plenty of warts, and EA's FUT support/communication/servers is an absolute failure, but on the whole it's an amazing game. As of this writing, it has no real peers, although I would be thrilled if PES can once again produce on that level.

Mengão86 repped this.
  17. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The legacy defending was horrible. People would press and hold two buttons to have two players hone in. This is what forced ping ponging. Now it's much better. Defending actually takes some skill.

18. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  19. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    I admittedly was one of those people, sort of. I would let the computer defend one on one, and I would try to track runners or guard likely pass recipients. Can't really do that any more.

20. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
  21. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
  22. usry723

usry723 Member+

Aug 14, 2008
    Georgia, USA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I pre-ordered the UT version about a month ago. I can't wait. Here's my team I'm using at the moment:

[​IMG]

23. MJ12

MJ12 New Member

Aug 23, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    No reason not to preorder, it's not going to get any cheaper for a good while, I see a lot of ps4s, not many people saying PC though :p

24. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    Pre-order is for free FUT packs.

25. usry723

usry723 Member+

Aug 14, 2008
    Georgia, USA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Someone who played the FUT beta said that Jozy has been downgraded to a Silver.