Fifa 10

Discussion in 'Games' started by Dills, Jun 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Madden needs to hear this!

2. FNU

FNU BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    True, you make a good point. I don't bother with PES so I can't talk for them.

3. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    No, because these discs are probably already burned/ made, so they are working on code to be released VIA download, which would save them money instead of destroying the copies that are already made and ready to ship out/give to stores.

Thats what the internet is for.

In the past yes, but Konami is catching up to EA, in that they release patches now, there is going to be one as soon as the game from europe gets released with all transfers and newsest jerseys i believe.

And no, if they wait two years die hard fans will KILL themselves lol.

4. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    I am a diehard fan, and after PES 6 came out, I could have waited for 2 years for Konami to make a great next gen game as long as they gave us squad and kit updates!

5. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ^^^Yea, i know what you mean, given the output in PES 2008/9.

But starting at a new console/OF/higher graphics, etc. Is like starting a game from scratch. Tahts why we are seeing all the stuff we saw before in the OLD PES's coming back... it will catch up in time.

6. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    In time for next gen to come out and we are back to the same...sigh.:(

7. BoondockTodd

BoondockTodd Member

May 29, 2009
    Belmont, NC
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    less than 24 hours boys, im getting pumped.

8. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Indeed indeed. Gotta set aside some time to go buy it and play it.

9. Henry Porter

Henry Porter Member

Dec 9, 2005
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fifa soccer blog has an update of what the new patch contains here. It looks good to me but after the lies of the producers earlier I'm still waiting to see if people have problems after applying the patch.

10. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm hopeful I'll be able to buy this tomorrow but for the last 5+ years I've run into the same routine. Go into game store where I pre-ordered game on day of release only to be told by the guy working behind the counter, "Oh that is just the shipping date. We won't have the game until tomorrow." So, like I said I am hopeful I will have the game tomorrow but totally prepared to be let down and have to wait until Wednesday.

11. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly!!

What the f*cks the point in advertising a f8cking shipping date, who is EA's marketing, I mean the shipping date could have been six weeks ago, what the f*cks the point in telling everybody if you cant buy untill the 21st. Just stupid!

12. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    Most GameStops have said this is the street date for the game, meaning they already have it in their possession but can't sell it until tomorrow. Now places like Target/Wal-Mart might not have it until later, and may be getting confused with the dates due them not asking for copies for the street date.

13. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    If you pre-ordered it at GameStop, it should be there tomorrow. This time the date is the street date.

14. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    The soundtrack looks nice but I'm pissed these guys didn't make it on.

Novalima

I work for their label and submitted their music for inclusion...DAMN YOU EA! They need to hire me to select tracks. They were nominated for Latin Grammy's for effin sakes.

15. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea they're sound tracks are always INSANE! Is the sountrack out to buy?

16. CIA

CIA Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Club:
    Hijos de Acosvinchos
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I nominate "Lakeside" by BLK JKS as the best song of this year's FIFA soundtrack:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USxy--jj6J0"]YouTube - "LAKESIDE" by BLK JKS[/ame]

17. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup, on my way home from work I stopped in to pay off my pre-order and was told I will be able to get it tomorrow.

18. ctoa23

ctoa23 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 25, 2007
    E&G Forum
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mine shipped today from Amazon with Release Date Delivery. Will be here tomorrow morning. Can't wait!

19. TJF2

TJF2 New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    RI
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone have it yet and start playing? Anything juicy?

20. Adiaga Two

Adiaga Two Member+

Oct 4, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just picked up the PS2 version and will pop it in the second I get home tonight. But looking at the back of the package, it didn't say anything about the "360 dribbling" and any other of the big changes we've been hearing so much about.

Has anyone else played the PS2 version yet and can report on whether it's been upgraded or is EA starting to phase out PS2 games?

21. Inter4Life5

Inter4Life5 Member

Jul 16, 2008
    nyc
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    just got it on ps3. im gonna nuck it right after the inter game

22. tguy24

tguy24 Member

Nov 26, 2005
    Just got it.

I wished they would make MLS in the game more realistic like it was in older FIFAs. For example they have the mls season at 42 games, single table, no playoffs. FIFA has also messed up the Mexican league in a similar way.

23. Raven1015

Raven1015 New Member

Nov 26, 2003
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I was absolutely stoked yesterday to find out that I was able to pick up FIFA 10 at midnight for the first time that I can remember (this was from Gamestop, by the way). I know other games were getting released so I figured I'd be the only crazy one there at midnight to pick up, but I think 3 out of 4 people there (maybe 20 total) were there to pick up FIFA. Quite impressive, and the game seems to be growing in popularity.

I only got in three games before I had to head to sleep, looking forward to playing it once I get home. I'm desperately hoping that the patch comes out soon and fixes the main manager mode bugs, as that's where most of my game playing time is usually dedicated.

24. Inter4Life5

Inter4Life5 Member

Jul 16, 2008
    nyc
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    theres too many stupid fouls, like in the beginning of 09. online is nearly impossible against barcelona. and i like the online point system. its way better than in 09.

25. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    Stupid fouls? I like it. While it does slow down the games at times, more fouls was something FIFA needed to add to the realism. You think there are only 2-3 fouls in a game?

Online is near impossible vs. Barcelona? Maybe for you. I beat them twice already. I have 9 wins, 1 tie and 0 losses online. I'm on fire. :D

Some of my points from playing a day's worth:

Definitely loving the game. The gameplay is sick, and speed, while still a factor, is not as nearly as effective as before. Good positioning will now win out more often than not.

The 360 dribbling is a real cool addition.

I'm not big into Manager Mode, so those bugs don't bother me too much, but there are a bunch of them.

Jermaine Jones isn't on the U.S. national team, but he is listed as American. Edgar Castillo isn't, but you can manually switch him to be an American, so that isn't too bad.

The snow and rain actually works! Pretty darn cool.

You can change the home stadiums (and their names!) for each team. So if you don't like U.S. playing in Estado de las Artes, you can change the name to Crew Stadium, or change it to a different stadium altogether.

The way defenders now sacrifice their bodies to block shots is awesome.

If you're a multiplayer gamer then FIFA 10 is definitely a must buy this year, IMO. Lots of fun.