Fifa 08!!

Discussion in 'Games' started by soccerfreak9210, May 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Its pretty realistic....

2. GalaxyOne

GalaxyOne Member+

Dec 6, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you talking about FIFA 2007? Because I sure have to use a lot more than 11 guys over a season to avoid having everyone going into the red fitness zone, completely gassed. Need at least 22-24 players. More the better. And there are plenty of long term injuries too. Too many broken orbital bones, I'd say, but those take a long time to heal.

3. The_ChelseaSupporter

Mar 25, 2007
    Olympia, WA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe that's just because you play with teams that have players with low stamina (Galaxy or Reading). When you play with a better team (Chelsea), the players rarely get into the red fitness zone even if you start them every week.

4. koolkeith13

koolkeith13 Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Me thinks that its the difference between next gen and current gen. Everything but the gameplay was pretty mediocre last year on 360...

I'm diggin the demo though. Looks pretty promising!

5. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I didnt say you could only use your starters but you could do with just 15-16 players easy. That's with playing with Newcastle.

6. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    How so? Kaka and Ronaldo move like that? And what is with the player's look? They attempt for photo realistic and get meat puppets with terrible textures.

7. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Your exaggerating...

8. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    Do they have EA sports fifa 08 for PS3 and one for PS2 whats the price difference?

9. koolkeith13

koolkeith13 Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Should be a $10 difference between next gen and current gen. Look for PS3 to cost $59.99 and current gen to cost $49.99.

Look, if you don't like the game that is fine. Your criticism can be more constructive. As it is it just looks like you're trying to stir the pot. I'm not a FIFA fanboy by any means. I just feel that W11 has a ways to go before their product is next-gen (not officially licensed by all FAs and such) thus I will buy from EA. Pretty simple, really.

10. coltcannon

coltcannon Member

Jun 13, 2006
    P.R.M.
    Just wanted to comment in here the WEPES08 demo is on xbox live for the EUs. Get it and lets hear some comparison.

11. GalaxyOne

GalaxyOne Member+

Dec 6, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I do like to take a team from League 2 all the way to the top, so that could well be. :D I've certainly never managed Chelsea or any other big club like that. I guess their players must all be like Landon Donovan...he's one guy that doesn't seem to get tired often.

12. The_ChelseaSupporter

Mar 25, 2007
    Olympia, WA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah one time I tried to play as the Rapids, and wasn't used to the fact that all of their players had such low stamina. By mid-season, my entire team was red.

13. FNU

FNU BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think a lot of people who buy FIFA, including myself, like the product as a whole instead of one or two particular aspects. Maybe the game play isn't better, but the music is good and so are some of the other areas of the game. I just wish the two franchises would come together.

14. Del-Piero-Lampard

Del-Piero-Lampard New Member

Sep 22, 2007
    WEZZA
    I have a few questions please answer.

1. Is it coming out on Xbox?
    2. if it coming out on xbox anys sites for it and iis there any info about fifa 08 on PSP
    3. is be a pro mode on PSP?
    4. when is the release date of fifa 08?

15. OneUnited08

OneUnited08 New Member

Aug 11, 2005
    Springfield VA
    I always wondered why Fifa doesn't add more stadiums in the game. Especially for teams like Everton, Tottenham and other midlevel teams like Celtic and PSV it would be nice if they could add their stadia. I don;t expect Fifa to recreate every single stadium for every but for teams in the top flight in England, Spain, Italy, Germany it would be a nice touch

The NCAA football series has no trouble creating over 110 different stadium's for all the teams so I don't understand why Fifa can't do the same

16. AussieLFCfan

AussieLFCfan Member

Apr 24, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    It is coming out on the 27th of September on XBOX360 in Australia and that's all I care about! :D

And it has the A league!

17. Del-Piero-Lampard

Del-Piero-Lampard New Member

Sep 22, 2007
    WEZZA
    ^^ when it coming out for PSP?

18. soccerfreak9210

Mar 19, 2007
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    USA is october 9
    australia is september 27
    europe is september 28

everything comes out on those dates except that in the US, ps3 version comes out october 16

19. soccerfreak9210

Mar 19, 2007
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rest of world teams:

cans someone clarify this? why are teams from switzerland, brazil, and poland listed in the rest of world category for '08 when their leagues are included?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_08

20. PoznaniakPS

PoznaniakPS New Member

Aug 27, 2007
    Because those (Polish at least) teams are in II, III and IV leagues.

21. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Despite my previous grievances I continued to play the demo and something clicked. Still scoring goals galore, including some rather beautiful efforts, but the passing and speed of the game is really infuriating. Manually forcing a player to make a run only works sometimes and when it does not you are left with no option but to go backwards and start the long, slow and rather laborious task of starting the entire move from scratch again. Granted there are parts of the game I really like and it is probably the best version of FIFA that I have ever played but it's just too slow. I'll consider buying it but PES (despite the typically poor demo, in comparison to the more 'polished' FIFA one) is still my overall favourite at the moment.

22. The_ChelseaSupporter

Mar 25, 2007
    Olympia, WA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    why are they including 2nd, 3rd, and 4th division Polish teams in the game?!
    Don't you think that they should have Russian and Ukranian teams instead?

23. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Where did you get the PES demo?

24. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah put Metalist Kharkiv in there!

25. The_ChelseaSupporter

Mar 25, 2007
    Olympia, WA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that both of those leagues have to be in the game. I would also like to see the J-League in the game.