FIFA 08 vs Pro Evolution Soccer 2008?

Discussion in 'Games' started by BerlinKopKid, Sep 25, 2007.

1. perucho79

perucho79 New Member

Dec 2, 2004
    Monumental
    exactly! FIFA08 is too repetitive

2. leg_breaker

leg_breaker Member

Dec 23, 2005
    It's funny how they Pro Evo fanboys say how the gameplay is much more realistic, but they never actually manage to go into detail as to what specifically makes it more realistic.

3. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Hehe. Ok here we go, through balls feel better on WE, one touch passing, backheels, are better than fifa. In fifa you have to do too much to get the same reuslts in Winning, the shots feel more real on winning, with momentum behind you you can score nice goals outside the box, depending on the kickers shot strength that is.

On fifa, back heels are too hard to do, the trick stick and tricks all together are too hard to do and never work good in a game, where as the simple tricks in winning like the step overs work great and easy and are very usable, same wtih teh rulete 360 zidane move, is very usable also. Beats your oppenent if used right, same goes with the side step move, very good. Through balls are nice too, and you if you know what your doing you can do a goal off a corner kick , you cannot do that in fifa.

Also a big big factor in my book is the AI in Winning, it feels like you actually are playing another human being as compared to FIFA where the computer is too good, or does the same things over and over. The could pass and move faster than you. In winning the game play is quicker and the AI feels very real, and i can play it for hours based on that. In Fifa i get tired of it, like i have with 08'. THe game play is slower, and there is a lag when passing or doing things(really annoying). All in all this is what i feel about it, and why winning is that much better.

4. perucho79

perucho79 New Member

Dec 2, 2004
    Monumental
    thats is so true! in PES/WE it really does fell that way...I hate the fact that you have to deal with superman goalkeepers in FIFA08 .......the CPU goalkeeper makes amazing and imposible saves, and not your GK

PES maybe it doest have the graphics,the sound,the music and the liscence that FIFA has but I am sure it will be a far better game for me, just have to wait until March when its released here

5. TheBoss84

TheBoss84 Member

Jul 16, 2007
    Germany
    IF your speaking about FIFA 08 on PS2 or PC its not a fair comparison. The AI on FIFA 08 for XBOX 360 is much more challenging than the one in PEs 2008 and believe me i have both. It really difficult to breack through defence. The dribling system in FIFA 08 is a dream, Pro evo has no chance in that department. I agree with you that through passes are not very good in 08 and the referees are a joke too. PES 2008 is too fast and the players move awkardly on top of that the ball feels like its glued to the ground so making a long pass isnt as challenging as it was in PES 6.

BTW, i have made several goals from corner kicks. Sure its not as refined but it works. I was a die hard PES fan, but PES 2008 was just a dissapointment. It feels far from finished it just feels like they rushed the game out.

6. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I havent experienced PES 2008, just WE 2007 as i am in the US, i remember when i got WE 2007 i hated it compared to WE 9!!!!! But it grows on you, you have to adapt to the game and it gets better. I had to change up my defense, and it got better.

Also too i noticed no fifa(i got a PS3) that the goals aren't as great as on winning eleven too. All my goals on fifa are all the same, low on the ground slotted to the side shots. Or shot outside the box goals. Thats it. Nothing like in Winning. Every goal is different, and FIFA's tricks are too street style, nothing you can realistically try to do in a REAL game IMO. Those tricks should stick to Fifa Street(which blows too)

I was a die hard fifa fan, but when i bought 05' i was like ******** it.

Fifa 98' was my first love, teh Road To the World Cup. That game IMO is the most comparable to the WE games now, compared to FIFA.

I wish they'd bring back the indoor field though, that was sooo much fun.

With that said, I still think WE> fifa in gameplay.

7. perucho79

perucho79 New Member

Dec 2, 2004
    Monumental
    agree, most of the goals in FIFA08 are pretty much the same

8. Unak78

Unak78 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 17, 2007
    PSG & Enyimba FC
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    Kind of like the farce about NBA 2K. People who consider themselves hardcore gamers like to trump non-EA games. So hearing this I sprung for NBA 2K7 instead of NBA Live 2007. Suffice it to say, I just bought NBA Live 2008 for XBox. Always go with the proven commodity.

9. asifdinho

asifdinho New Member

Jan 25, 2008
    Houston
    i have PES07 and FIFA08.. and i have to say i like PES07 so much better.. gameplay, graphics - everything is so much better in PES

FIFA 08 came a long way from 07, but still can't compete.. 08 can be fun, but if u use the little juke-stick -you'll get passed the defender everytime

PES07 is meant for soccer players, and FIFA is meant for gamers

10. perucho79

perucho79 New Member

Dec 2, 2004
    Monumental
    IMO to play FIFA you dont need football/socer knowledge, but for Winning Eleven its real strategy

11. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yep. Its the true footballer's game.

12. leg_breaker

leg_breaker Member

Dec 23, 2005
    Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but tricks and flicks should be difficult and unreliable. You can do whatever tricks you want in Fifa, it just has a large chance of going wrong, just like in the real game.

That's odd because I scored from a corner yesterday on Fifa. Just not every time like on Pro Evo. Oh and Fifa has through balls, I scored from one of those yesterday as well.

I'm not really interested in that as I primarily play online, something which doesn't work on Pro Evo.

13. leg_breaker

leg_breaker Member

Dec 23, 2005
    That's bollocks. When have you watch a 'true' football game where most of the goals were scored by corners or low crosses? That's all it takes to score on Pro Evo. There are not tactics in that game, it's so simplistic, just running down the wing and passing it inside cuts out pretty much all defences.

Plus the cameras on Pro Evo make the game impossible to play. In Fifa, if you're down the sidelines looking to put a cross in, you can see who's in the box and where to play it. On Pro Evo, the camera stupidly centres on the ball so half the screen is taken up by adverts and the crowd, and you can't actually see the box. It's completely sloppy, like an unfinished game that they've put on the shelf just to have something to sell.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Fifa is for people who want a good game, Pro Evo is for people who put up with crap because it has the right name on the front.

I think the final nail in Pro Evo's coffin is the awful ************ music. I dare you to listen to that 'football, soccer' song without immediately taking out the Bluray and throwing it out the window.

14. TheBoss84

TheBoss84 Member

Jul 16, 2007
    Germany
    I think many are playing the PC version of FIFA thats why they say it has no tactics. IN fifa 08 for my XBOX 360 i have had to use more tactics than in any PES game and im only playing in semi pro difficulty.

15. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I get tired of playing online, sometimes its just fun to play your own champions league in Winning and with someone's option file. All the transfer's done, the game OWNS fifa.

I also like how they're graphics are in Winning, More 'arcade' style, the guys look real and like they should be, the in game editor is awsome too when it comes to creating people and letting you make up your own players or touch up guys who you feel dont look real enough. This is the gamer's game, inthe sense that Konami gives all the tools to the user to match fifa since they dont got all the licenses.

Also on the tricks comment, IMO the only real moves used in games are the moves in WInning, like the Rulete, step overs, the flicks, and the.... dont know what its called in english, where you can kick it over a guys head when the balls in the air and get it over him to yourself, also the Rabona, Bicycle kick, scissors, chips. All stuff that really happen in games, and the ronaldinho move.

These are all real moves that get used in games and can be replicated and when done in game look very real and impressive. Check out this clip showing all of them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHfFP-4DcGE

Also i love the quickness of the fake shots in winning, you can use it ot fake out the keeper, and players also, its a great move that i love to use in rela life also. And they have quick freek kicks now too.

Also I feel they give REAL player ratings, the Japaneese really know their soccer when it coems to that. They're all believeable, they know the players weaknesses and strengths down to the unknowns you wouldnt think they knew about. Or to the gem's like gallardo in PSG who isnt a big name right now but has incredible dribbling accuracy and was rated at 80something.

Edit: Don't tell me plays that shown in the video above arent awsome, it brings me back to all my replays that i saved of crazy plays and stuff like that.

16. ElDivino

ElDivino Member

Nov 11, 2004
    Whats your gamertag so i can smoke you.

Alot kids who claim that Fifa is better still get thier asses handed to them by me..someone who doesnt even play it. Thats how good pro ev is, after a quality match on Top PLayer (pro ev's toughest difficulty) i can fire up Fifa and its like childs play. Easy as pie.

17. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    That is true, i dont even play online much but when i do i beat everyone. I just use the basics too. No tricks.

Pass, shoot, through ball, etc.

18. Pigs

Pigs Member

Everton FC
    England
    Mar 31, 2001
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Fifa = arcade
    PRo evo = realism

Listen, if FIFA had better gameplay then it would absolutely crush the competition because it basically has everything else. BUT it doesn't.

Pro Evolution Soccer has one main thing going for it "Gameplay".

So the people who argue that FIFA has better gameplay, then your already on a loser.

19. 2ndAveFC

2ndAveFC Member

Mar 23, 2004
    LAX
    I really like the new FIFA for 360. I have long been a WE guy, but I found the gameplay too fast and not realistic. For instance, EVERY game was the world's greatest match - fun at times, of course. But that's not realism.

My main beef is the customization with FIFA, or lack thereof. You can't edit players very much, and it's possible to change their birthday but not their hairstyle. And don't get me started on the player ratings. You can barely edit them. Plus, when I play a tourney or league, it only lets you use the default rosters.

WHY WOULD I DOWNLOAD THE ROSTER UPDATE PATCH FROM THE MAKERS OF THE GAME ITSELF AND START MY CAREER WITH OUTDATED ROSTERS?:mad:

Sorry...just frustrated with it. Other than that, I really like FIFA, and even though I haven't played the new PES on a next-gen system, I think I'll be renting it before I buy. Every PES game I've played has been nearly identical, and the redundant-ness has cost them, in my opinion.

20. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Really? I love that! IMO like games like counter strike, where little things get changed but nothing that changes the game play over the years i think is how it should be. All the tricks stay the same, just little things changed. Thats where fifa went wrong. If they had stayed the same frmo FIFA 98' up chances are they'd be the best game right now, but they tried to add to many things and make the game waaay to different when they messed things up. Konami got the recipe right, just added some little tweaks buthtye knew the graphics were great, and the die hard gamers loved the game as is.

21. dismemberment

dismemberment Member

Dec 10, 2007
    colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if your never played fifa 08 for a few months for the 360 then you can't say nothing the game is better then pro evo. I'm getting this feeling for the demo I'm in u.s. It took me awhile to get good at pes. Now its taking me for ever to be come good at fifa 08 if i find it to easy i up goal keeper and difficulty

i gurantee pes fan boys who hate fifa never actually played it for awhile because there tatics didn't always work. But i have noticed running down the wingers with fast guy in fifa always works i haven't played online just ai:D

22. GutBomb

GutBomb Red Card

Aug 28, 2003
    Outside Boston
    English Mother********er! Do you speak it?

[​IMG]

23. dismemberment

dismemberment Member

Dec 10, 2007
    colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    18 - 1 = owned

24. leg_breaker

leg_breaker Member

Dec 23, 2005
    That's your opinion. I find Pro Evo's ease of dribbling and lack of closing down by defenders to be pretty unrealistic. Not to mention poor marking from crosses.

And the slowdowns make the game unplayable. Let's face it, Konami have put out an unfinished game.

25. dismemberment

dismemberment Member

Dec 10, 2007
    colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i can kill pes on top player and still lose on fifa 08

stop lying people its ridiculous