Felipe Caicedo

Discussion in 'Ecuador - Players Abroad' started by ecuafutbolfreak, Nov 13, 2006.

1. AMLO2018

AMLO2018 Member+

Mexico
    Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  2. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    se complico becuase of his haircut...wtf!!!

3. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Hitler can be black too lol

4. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  5. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    http://www.futbolecuador.com/stories/publica/48135

supposedly he has some troubling pain in his heel that he can't get rid of and the people at Espanyol seem like they don't know what to do anymore. Felipe's career seriously looks like it aims downward more and more as time goes by. The way he started the season I doubt we see him in Copa America. I have a feeling he'll eventually fade from our radars if these injuries continue.

6. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Plantar fasciitis, It's quite common, specially if you are flat footed, basically it's putting too much pressure on your heels due to an abnormality on the way you walk, stand or run, for a normal person with this, they sell certain specific and very special pads, now for an Athlete they need to find where the irregularity is, a heavy guy like Caicedo could be anywhere, Its serious, I doubt career threatening, Caicedo is going through a slump, but I think at 25 we cant say he's done, Its not as if he's overweight or old, worst case, he'll go through heel surgery (very extreme case for a fasciitis), the Liga is a long season with a few breaks, don't give up on him yet, even injured and only played 2 games, he has more goals than Yoya and Marlon combined lol this year. We will always need a big 9 at least as an alternative.

7. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I think he turned 26 this month, but anyway it's not his age that's a big factor or even concerning at this point. The problem is that he's struggled with his form since the very beginning of 2013 whether it's a set of different injuries he's battling or his performance just deteriorated I don't exactly know. What is obvious by now is that it's about to be a 2 year long streak of poor performances for him. 2014 is almost over and he's been irregular, yet another year. So far Felipe has played 4 games (2 starts) and scored 1 goal. He has not played a complete game at all even when he's started. I'm assuming his injury is affecting him, but he's gotta get it together by now or he'll get lost in limbo. Sometimes injuries end up kicking a career in the ass. Jairo Campos, Morante, Roosevelt are the most recent ones. I hope Felipe gets out of that trap because it's definitely been beating him up these last two years and while he's struggling there's other players that are going to draw attention and make space for themselves on the NT. At the 25-28 years of age is when the strikers ignite and their true potential is seen. Right now Felipe isn't facing the situation he should be in.

8. Centauro del Norte

FC Juárez
    Sep 15, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Doblete de Caicedo contra el Villarreal.

9. Centauro del Norte

FC Juárez
    Sep 15, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    8 goles para Caicedo en Liga en lo que va de la temporada. Not bad...

damnecuadorian repped this.
  10. Jefe Esco

Jefe Esco Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Great goal vs Barcelona just now early on

11. Jefe Esco

Jefe Esco Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Damn caicedo went down think he pulled something hamstring or quad hopefully nothing more serious

12. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Caicedo reportedly leaving Espanyol to go to...wait for it...CHINA! No!!! I hope he stays in Spain. He's doing well there and that's translating to playing well with the NT as well. Russia? Qatar? Hope he remembers what happened the last two times that he chased $$$

13. Jefe Esco

Jefe Esco Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    smh horrible decision by Felipe if true

14. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    As of now only a rumor hasta ahora solo tiene un pie afuera. I know he is thinking about money but also how much he likes it in Espanyol he has thrown down different offers before form Germany and EPL lets hope he makes the smart decision and turns this one down as well.

15. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    so now premier league teams are also in the mix,west ham ,swansea and leicester.tough pick between WH and Swansea.on one team there's Enner,he would be competing for same spot,on the other jeff,who might help him be a top scorer.which one would you guys choose for him?If rumors are true or not,its an interesting dilemma.I say Swansea.

16. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I think he should stay in Espanyol no matter what that team let him play after his run of injuries and after he came from a non competitive league. They went out of there way to get him and spend the money for him.

Even when he wasnt playing well they gave him the starting position the form and confidence he has now is because of them.

17. Jefe Esco

Jefe Esco Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Is Montero staying if Swansea get relegated?

If so then probably there

If not, I'm not sure how West Ham would work, i know Carrol is hurt

18. Jefe Esco

Jefe Esco Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Early goal for Caicedo

19. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Any news in his injury? I know that he will not be playing against Real Madrid but is there a time frame on his return?

20. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Here we go again ,Caicedo may be out for the Copa after (drumroll...)..another injury!!!!

21. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Will anyone agree that we do suffer from a bit of bad luck.....

anyone? :)

22. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    This is normal though. Caicedo is injured most of the time than he has been healthy.

23. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    this is also true.

He's one of the most disappointing players we've had in regards to his health. Granted, nobody can really control it, but he's injured A LOT!!!!

My worry is always also on Enner for the same exact reason.

Much of it is random, but I think that proper pre-season conditioning is essential to maintaining good form throughout the year. Sadly, our guys don't seem to be so lucky- usually because their injuries carry-over to when they should be resting and getting ready for the pre-season.

I don't even know anymore...ugh.