"Fear" of Showing Cards?

Discussion in 'Referee' started by Bio-Hazard, Jan 30, 2017.

1. threeputzzz

threeputzzz Member+

May 27, 2009
    Minnesota
    I don't care if coach is daddy or professional when it comes to irresponsible behavior. I know, I'm a hard ass.

dadman and IASocFan repped this.
  2. socal lurker

socal lurker Member+

May 30, 2009
    I largely agree with you. But I don't think this particular comment requires going from zero to dismissal. If there were already issues, that's difference. Is he on a short leash after the AC? Of course. Can he very quickly go from AC to dismissal depending on how he responds? Of course. But I don't think this comment, in and of itself necessitates the immediate dismissal.

I would support your decision if you made it, but it is not the decision that I would make.

threeputzzz, IASocFan and grasskamper repped this.
  3. grasskamper

grasskamper Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Fingerspitzengefühl!

dadman repped this.
  4. Dayton Ref

Dayton Ref Member+

May 3, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    This is the one thing that I don't miss since I moved to Houston, I have been able to avoid the ambiguous levels of soccer. I've done 6 games @ U13 and younger. Back in Oklahoma, I would do at least that many in a season.

dadman and cmonref repped this.
  5. kayakhorn

kayakhorn Member+

Oct 10, 2011
    Arkansas
    I tend to agree with you here. The original quote was:
    An immediate dismissal here (with no prior issues) simply validates the coach's opinion of the referee -- in coach's mind anyway. Maybe a comment along the lines of "Coach, I respect these girls enough to enforce the full laws of soccer in this game, and I expect you respect that and conduct yourself responsibly in the technical area as well." In my opinion the coach has a greater chance of learning something (and not freaking out on the next referee) if you avoid a knee-jerk dismissal.

dadman and IASocFan repped this.
  6. threeputzzz

threeputzzz Member+

May 27, 2009
    Minnesota
    While I can respect your and soCal's opinions, I consider that statement a personal attack, and when made publicly so all can hear it's enough to dismiss. By letting him stay I believe he is *more* likely, not less, to insult the next ref. What you allow you condone.