FC Shoot Dori

Discussion in 'Korea' started by melonbarmonster, Apr 22, 2006.

1. Dahmanegi

Dahmanegi Member

Apr 30, 2007
    Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    이강인

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8thbmL14t0&feature=related"]YouTube- 9 year old Soccer/Football Prodigy ???[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZaLiOYl7mc"]YouTube- ???? ??? ??? ??? & ?????[/ame]

2. Lionel Richie

Lionel Richie Moderator
    Staff Member

Real Madrid
    South Korea
    Nov 12, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    My impression of the early episodes was that they originally weren't serious programs. They hired celebrities as amateur coaches and the kids who seemed to have been chosen for their looks were losing games. They started to improve after several months. They became even better when the singer coach went to the army and Yu Sang Chul started to coach instead. (A singer/assistant coach acted as coach in between). In addition to this, they started to have really good players in their team.

3. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  4. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Kind of ironic that this thread popped up again now, considering its name. :(

BTW, is La Liga slowly becoming the Korean version of Bundesliga? lol

5. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Lets bring back the memories! you can watch 1기, 2기 up to 4기 in this channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/kirra12SDVI#p/u

The very first episode

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1eOiaQtlEY&feature=channel_video_title"]Shootdori 1 Ep 1 [1/3] - YouTube[/ame]

Man! I dont remember Shin Jung Hwan being next to Kim Jong Kuk. I only remember Kim Jung Woo's girlfriend being the coach, lol.

6. gosusc

gosusc Member

Apr 22, 2007
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Lee Kang In is from Songdo Incheon? I have glanced from the video. My neice and nephew attend to the same school. An interesting circumstance.

7. KOKI548

KOKI548 New Member

Aug 31, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    This was a pretty funny show. I remember watching bits and pieces of this while the 'rents watched it on TV. Junjin from SHINHWA is in it! Haha.

8. dsnipes1

dsnipes1 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    resurrecting a VERY old thread, but i coach one of these kids now. he's a sophomore in high school, plays attacking mid/fw and is being recruited by some universities in the states. a bit undersized as a grade 10 so the level he ends up at will depend on his physical development, likely a low/mid level ncaa d1 to high level d3 prospect. don't wanna put his name out there now, but as his recruitment becomes public, will link articles here.

jinseokyang, BENJMNS and Sons of Thunder repped this.
  9. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    So the kid is living in the US now?

10. dsnipes1

dsnipes1 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    no, still in korea, attends an intl school here

11. dsnipes1

dsnipes1 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Bumping as his recruitment heats up. Some D1 interest, but he's a solid student and the parents are pushing for D3's. He'll go to camps in the States this summer and we'll see where that leaves him.

He's in the video here:

The announcer was funny, he printed off our roster from the 2016 Las Vegas Mayor's Cup from gotsoccer.com, hence his confusion with our players. Half the team was from out here in Korea, the other half from our sister campus and other connections in Palos Verdes, California.

hanul21 repped this.
  12. GoYoungrokba

GoYoungrokba Member+

May 21, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Ju Hwi-min is now playing for Suwon Bluewings U-18 club.

13. ParkPohang

ParkPohang Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Mar 24, 2017
    So his parents want him to pursue academics over football? Tell his parents to reconsider please. If he is a decent prospect, get him to sign with a 3rd or second division team in Korea right out of high school (or even now)

14. ParkPohang

ParkPohang Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Mar 24, 2017
    But again, if he is not in a K League academy or youth team (or one of the "special" high schools such as Singal), it says something about the quality of him. I know fellow Shootdori players who were much better than him and it shows on the pitch (i.e. middle schooler who is going up to high school now has much better movement than he does right now IMO)