FC Shoot Dori

Discussion in 'Korea' started by melonbarmonster, Apr 22, 2006.

1. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005
    does anyone else watch this show and think if only they had a decent keeper, FC Shoot Dori would win a lot more games. God...that kid sucks. Sometimes he'll make a ridiculous save, but 4/5 of the goals he lets in are garbage.

now i feel dirty for havign heavily criticized a 8 year old.

2. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Agreed...The keeper sucks.

3. Breezy

Breezy Member

Apr 26, 2006
  4. dsk_oz

dsk_oz Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Sydney, Oz
    Eh? :eek:

What did they say? Any web resources about this? Never thought the kids would become big enough to be noticed in Brasil :D

5. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    You know I noticed a lot of Korean kids and especially girls have no hand eye coordination skills because they don't have children's sports programs like they have in US. He definitely is lacking some hand coordination skills, can't kick and is very clumsy. BUT I have to say he's gotten A LOT better. In the beginning he was even worse!

6. DuriCha

DuriCha New Member

Mar 8, 2006
    come on now lets not criticize that poor goal keeper, he was indeed alot worse and has improved its just that those matches in germany were played on a net twice the size of the net in Korea. Besides he already feels like shit letting in all those goals and realizes he's letting his team down but its up to us to support him and maybe someday he'll become a great goal keeper.

7. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    I don't think the keeper was especially bad either. The whole team was pretty bad which kind of made the show even funnier. But all the kids improved a lot including the keeper.

8. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

lol i admit that kid isnt that great for a goalkeeper, but lets be serious here, hes 8 years old. we cant expect him to block most of the shots, let alone 1/2 of them. at his age, his relfexes arent fast enough and from what ive noticed, kids tend to zone out quite a bit, they lose interest in the game if nothing happens for a while (like the opposing team doesnt get a shot at all), but if all of a sudden they started attacking like crazy, they'll usually be caught off guard..

in like 8 years from now,if he keeps on practicing and playing as much as he does now, he could be the next Kim Young Kwang

9. ummm

ummm New Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Toronto
    He is 8 years old, but that age is old enough to judge whether the kid is athletic or not. The kid definitely is not a stand out in that area. This is a classic example of Korean TV, he was chosen for his cute looks, not talent. So I don't know why we are criticizing, they are entertaining and that's good enough.

10. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

exactly, i have a feeling they picked the goalkeeper for cuteness and Kim Tae Hoon was picked for his skill. but the goalkeeper was originally on the team before they even made the show.

11. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Kim Tae Hoon was not though. They brought him to atleast make them look less worse.

He does lack hand-eye coordination. Make the kid play some baseball, that might help. :)

12. dsk_oz

dsk_oz Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Sydney, Oz
    It's a TV show .. the purpose is to entertain people, not create the best football team ever.

Case in point: Min-ho doesn't get anywhere near the attention from the cameras because he's so well-behaved and adult-like .. what's the fun in that?

TV wants someone cute like Seung-jun that makes mistakes and occasionally comes up with good plays (if by fluke almost) or Seung-woo with his killer smile (though his hunger for victory and much improved play is severly underrated).

If they really wanted to have the best team, they would've picked the #19 from Cha's academy for a start.

13. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    Seung-woo isn't that bad actually. He's pretty scrappy.

14. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005
    where do these new kids keep coming from? I feel like they added kim tae soo in anticipation of the germany trip to help them compete. They actually have a decent team now with min ho, tae hoon and tae soo.

they just need a new keeper. i dont care if hes 8. he still sucks.

15. dsk_oz

dsk_oz Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Sydney, Oz
    His problem is that he's "shot-dari" ;)

16. V_Park

V_Park Member

Dec 20, 2004
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    They were there to film all WC host cities. Coincidently, they were in Leipzig that day. They were saying about the history of FC Lokomotive Leipzig. And they said: For Coreans, the WC has already begun. And bla bla bla(basically they told what FC Shoot Dori is)...

17. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Okay, I just finished watching the latest episode and I must admit that these guys improved A LOT since the beginning. This Min-ho kid is amazing. I started playing soccer when I was 7 myself, and back then, I don't remember any kids around my age do anything even close to what Min-ho is doing right now. His playmaking skills and set-peice taking really surprised me. I never even knew that 6~8 year old kids were capable of doing such things at that level.

Tae-hoon is a beast too. Kid never gets tired and he has Park Ji-sung's heart:). He's always all over the pitch and is probably the fastest player on the team. Only problem I had with him was his weak shots but it seems like he learned to shoot with power now. Seung-kwon is also one hell of a defender!:D

And I actually think Seung-jun is pretty good. One hing that bothers me is his goal-kick but I'm sure he'll get better at that too. Now if they can bring a big(height-wise) defender who can run fast, I think these guys can start winning some trophies!:cool:

18. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    lol cant believe we have a thread about FC shoot-dori!

is Min-ho the curly haired kid that kinda reminds you of Ahn Jung-whan hair?, if so hes pretty damn good.

i only watch like couple of minutes of it when im flicking thru the TV channels, and what with all the cable networks showing old episodes mixed with the newer ones its hard to follow chronologically, but the earliest episode i think was when the kids were like 6 or 7 years old! and invariably they played against kids who were so much taller, bigger, dexterous, agile and skilled than them and someone would always say "are you sure these kids are suppose to be 7year olds?" you have to laugh at soccer mums who lower their kids ages so that they can play in whatever little league football team!

All of a sudden playing football is not for the dummies only. If a kid has any talent in football, the kid doesnt have to study,learn to play the piano/violin/flute, learn taekwondo, learn english, go to special math classes, swimming classes (remember they tend to do these activities all at the same time! :eek: ) because now football is fashionable and has big money earning potential as a career!

how many of you guys will make your future children play football from like 5years old? perhaps entertaining thoughts of your kid proving to be the next big thing!? bet if not all of you, most of you will! :D

19. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm making him play baseball instead. :p

I think Min-Ho is the kid that wears #7. If it's not, that #7 is still ********ing amazing.

20. Breezy

Breezy Member

Apr 26, 2006
  21. ChaBoomer

ChaBoomer Member

Oct 27, 2004
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I love Min-ho. He's got skills and brain, plus he's so mature. I like Tae-hoon, and I agree he is a bit like Park JS. I don't care much for Seung-joon. I don't think he is very athletic. My favorite is seung-woo, the killer smile kid. I was shocked when he dribbled from the half line to score against German kids! :D

22. danmooj1

danmooj1 Member

May 18, 2006
    is there anyway i can download from episode 8? the mu link on soompi doesnt seem to work =/

23. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Okay, I saw the latest episode today and it's obvious that Seong-jun is scared out of his mind to stop any shots. I feel bad for him. Get Jo Han-sun on this team as their GK coach. NOW.

BTW, why do I see people criticizing Seung-jun? I mean, WTF? Are they really gonna talk smack about an 8 year old?

24. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005

yea...its fun.

he is a pretty good looking dude tho. thats why taehoon's sister was all over that.

25. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    So I guess you can have fun talking shit to your son in the future when he's 8.;)