FC Groningen [R]

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by BrianCappellieri, Aug 16, 2002.

1. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Johan, sometimes you make me so happy that there's no natural gas underneath Overijssel (or is it Gelderland?) :D

2. White-green Pride

FC Groningen
    Netherlands
    Feb 23, 2001
    Groningen, Nederland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yay! We stole a point from Alkmaar!

Based on the 1st half we should've lost. But the boys bounced back and equalised two times.
    Nice to get a result away vs. one of the better sides in the Eredivisie, especially after last thursday...

3. NorthernBoy

NorthernBoy Member

Apr 20, 2007
    Why varkens ?

4. White-green Pride

FC Groningen
    Netherlands
    Feb 23, 2001
    Groningen, Nederland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    At the end of the 70's FC Groningen was in an abysmal state. Stuck in the eerste divisie, which was even more pathetic than it is today. Until Renze de Vries took over as chairman...
    He led the club back to the eredivisie and developed it into a solid sub-top side, including a couple of great UEFA cup runs (for a club of our stature). He continued to professionalise the club until he was convicted of tax fraud in '89 (mainly players' signing bonuses he didn't put on record).
    This Renze de Vries was a pig farmer before he became a full-time chairman, and because of him the Twente fans call us 'varkens' (pigs). Of course this is a long time ago and apart from this there's no relation between pig farms and Groningen. In fact, I even think there are more of those in Twente than there are here, go figure....
    But for some reason Twente fans cling to that nickname like a homeless guy to a piece of molded bread from a thrash can...

[​IMG]
    2nd guy from the right

5. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Aww come on, it's not like Groningen fans in turn don't have their own special set of insults for Twente!

6. White-green Pride

FC Groningen
    Netherlands
    Feb 23, 2001
    Groningen, Nederland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Well...no

At least not a specific one used over and over. It's usually just 'klote tukkers' or something like it, or just 'rukkers' instead of tukkers, and only because it rhymes. But that's basically it...

Anyway, we're not really offended by the nickname 'varkens'. If anything, it's an honor to have a special place in your hearts :D. But the whole pig thing is a bit of a non-issue here. It would be much worse if you would label us 'oost-friezen' for example (don't get any ideas)

7. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    It's quite a fun rivalry really. Vak P have a nice sfeeractie planned for next week's game (I'm not telling!) I hope it'll all work out seeing that we're usually treated like a bunch of criminals on death row on the bus combi to Groningen.

8. White-green Pride

FC Groningen
    Netherlands
    Feb 23, 2001
    Groningen, Nederland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    FC Groningen - FC Twente 1-0

An ok installment of the Groningen/Twente rivalry. The action on the pitch was lively enough, lots of battles and spirit. Atmosphere could've been better still, but it wasn't bad.

Worst referee I've seen in a LONG time. He missed blatant fouls inside the box for both sides so at least it evened out, but he was very chaotic overall. Making calls one way but not doing the same the other way for exactly the same foul :confused:
    On the other hand, his chaotic refereeing DID fire things up.

Nice individual effort by Meerdink for the winner, and an a deserved win IMO

9. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Mwah. I thought we were the better side, you were the more opportunist side. Clash of styles really. The goal was a Boschker goalkeeping error. 0-0 (or 2-2, or 4-4) would've been fair in my view.

10. White-green Pride

FC Groningen
    Netherlands
    Feb 23, 2001
    Groningen, Nederland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Hey, look! It's time for our semi-annual meltdown again!....Woohoo!!!
    An embarrasing 1-5 vs. NEC, a team who scored only 2 goals in in the previous 8 matches!!!!

No really, nice effort guys...:rolleyes: (insert puke smiley here, how come BS doesn't have one?)

Oh and if Johan Derksen reads this: No more articles in VI singing praise about Gibril Sankoh. He clearly can't handle overly positive criticism....

11. White-green Pride

FC Groningen
    Netherlands
    Feb 23, 2001
    Groningen, Nederland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Groningen - Piet Velthuizen 0-0

That scoreline says it all...Vitesse had absolutely nothing to show for themselves with the exception of a stellar performance by Velthuizen. In fact, it took me about 58 mins. to realise that Vitesse also had outfield players on the pitch....

Nevland missing a few sitters didn't help things either. Judging from his tears of frustration at the post-match interview, he obviously felt he himself was to blame for the two lost points. Anyway, for me Nevland still is the no.1 hero on this team, exactly because of this kind of dedication.

And by the way, I hate Vitesse. I think they're all a bunch of twats. That includes Aad de Mos and even Velthuizen, who was blatantly delaying the game from minute one...

12. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Everybody hates Vitesse! It's amazing that they're still so high up the league with the negative football they're playing. They won't be able to keep it up though.

I loved that Nevland post-match interview. There's a couple of Dutch footballers I won't name that could learn a lot from that kind of dedication and ability for self-criticism.

13. White-green Pride

FC Groningen
    Netherlands
    Feb 23, 2001
    Groningen, Nederland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    And there I was, thinking we were finally done with this bullsh#t. Guess I was wrong....

We right back at it: bending over like a good boy and taking it up the bum vs. whomever we're playing in an away game, and this for a team that is supposed to play 'vechtvoetbal' :rolleyes:. Being outclassed but fighting tooth and nail to keep it a one goal loss is one thing, I can accept that. I can also accept that home form differs somewhat from away form, but does it have to be a difference between day and night?
    This was an utter, utter disgrace. Gutless non-effort. Time for some soul searching in the dressing room. And I suggest Ron Jans hires a dominatrix for all coming practices, since our players are apparently fond of spankings.....

14. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Blend Utrecht's away form with Groningen's home form and you have the perfect eredivisie side!

Are you worried about PSV possibly wanting Ron Jans?

15. White-green Pride

FC Groningen
    Netherlands
    Feb 23, 2001
    Groningen, Nederland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Not really...since they're apparently going for the older Koeman brother. I've read some rumours about Jans going to Valencia to become assistant to Ronald koeman though....

In any case. I'm not too worried: Of course Jans form a great partnership with Nijland and Veldmate, but he's not in complete control of the entire technical management of the club, contrary to your own Fred Rutten.
    I'm pretty confident we'll be able to find an adequate replacement should he leave. I'd go with Jan de Jonge: He's the type we need right now.

16. CoAdriaanse

CoAdriaanse New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    On A Moving Platform
    Classic Bro!

17. White-green Pride

FC Groningen
    Netherlands
    Feb 23, 2001
    Groningen, Nederland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    FC Groningen - Feyenoord 3-2

About effin' time!

At last some goals in Euroborg stadium, against one of the top sides no less. Hope this will be the end of our autumn funk.

Overall a well deserved victory I think. We started furiously, and dictated most of the play. But with Makaay in the visitors lineup, danger is always near and in the 11th minute he lived up to his reputation and scored a beautiful goal.
    Took us until the 72th to finally equalise after Feyenoord refused to expand their lead. Berg, who just had just come on for Lovre, fooled Hofland and beat Timmer with a diagonal shot. Minutes later, Nevland outworked Hofland on a Van de Laak cross and tapped it home from close range. The entire stadium erupted with joy, but before everyone could take to their seat again the 2-2 was in the back of the net. De Cler's hard shot was stopped by Van Loo, yet the rebound ended up with Sahin who made no mistake.
    Everyone settled for a draw thinking a point against one of the title candidates isn't half bad, but Berg had on more trick up his sleeve. In injury time he disposed himself of Bahia and fired it hard and high in the top corner, absolutely no chance for Timmer.
    After that it was total madness, Feyenoord tried one last gasp effort but there simply wasn't enough time left....

One more note: Again some seriously substandard refereeing, this time by Mr. Vink. I can accept a referee having a certain style, as long as he is consistent, but lately our referees seem increasingly clueless...

18. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well congrats to you and to FC Groningen. Please repeat this performance the next time you play PSV kthx.

19. White-green Pride

FC Groningen
    Netherlands
    Feb 23, 2001
    Groningen, Nederland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    No problem....

But I really don't see why you're so happy about it. You've gained 3 points on Feyenoord now but they'll get them back when you lose here as well on april 13th...:D ;)

20. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, then we'll be level again, instead of three points behind!

21. White-green Pride

FC Groningen
    Netherlands
    Feb 23, 2001
    Groningen, Nederland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    FC Groningen - VVV 1-0

Missed this one due to a premature St. Nicholas day celebration (and some serious boozing afterwards)
    But it seems I haven't missed much by all accounts. A fair amount of chances, but once again, sloppy finishing made this one quite the nail biter, cause VVV weren't exactly hiding.
    Fortunately for us, golden boy Marcus Berg nets his 8th of the season.
    Anywho, three points for us, and I'll have another beer thank you very much.....:cool:

22. White-green Pride

FC Groningen
    Netherlands
    Feb 23, 2001
    Groningen, Nederland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Ugh!....

If this keeps going on, Geert Wilders will become prime-minister sooner than FC Groningen getting a win in Heerenveen.
    This is effing ridiculous. All players except Nevland should be committed to a mental hospital. Cause when it's that hard to come up with a decent effort again, you need your head examined.....

23. White-green Pride

FC Groningen
    Netherlands
    Feb 23, 2001
    Groningen, Nederland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yay! Mr. Bossen manages to eff up a game in Groningen again.
    Er wordt wel vaker wat gemekkerd op scheidsen maar die Bossen is echt de grootste patiënt die er op de nederlandse velden te vinden is

Ruud Bossen....[​IMG]

Oh btw, final score: Grunn 1 - Roda 1

24. mdewals

mdewals New Member

Nov 25, 2006
    Delden
    it seems like the KNVB demands the refs to cock up at least once per weekend.

NAC - Twente also saw a linesman failing to see offside (the resulting penalty was right but the player should have been called back already) and the ref also failed to see the horrific attack on Wieleart's knee.

25. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Niks beter dan die klootzak die Lurling feliciteerde met zijn sportieve gedrag en zich ondertussen ook nog eens door die Sikora laat bedonderen.

I found a new club to hate: NAC.