FC Cincinnati USL Superthread

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by mikehurst21, Aug 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mng146

mng146 Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Rochester, NY
    Precisely. Aspirations are fine, but make sure you can walk first before trying to run. Do what Sacramento is doing; support what you have first with solid enough numbers to make MLS notice you.

Their president lost a couple of points by referring to "the MLS" twice. I know, it's nitpicking, but still....:speechless:

msilverstein47 repped this.
  2. Flowercitysupporter

Sep 23, 2015
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    just think about this...the rochester rhinos had about 10k+ for 12 years in a row (96-07)...

if sacramento doesnt get mls, they wont get half of that.

now a team can get about 7-8k a couple years and get mls attention.

3. CrazyJ628

CrazyJ628 Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    The center of the Earth
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Not a bad goal to equalize in FCC's first friendly. I need one of those away shirts.

4. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    Sam U El repped this.
  5. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    I would say anything over 5,000 is a great start, to get to 10,000 would be huge for a first year club. Ownership is doing everything right though in terms of partnerships and sponsors to make FC Cincinnati feel more legitimate and ambitious than previous attempts at the sport in the area.

6. MuchoTakeItEasy

MuchoTakeItEasy Member+

LAFC
    United States
    May 16, 2015
    Land of the Free
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel like FC Cincinnati is the dark horse for the next round of mls expansion. after sacramento st louis and san antonio, cincy or indy would add to the midwest market. would still be surprised if there were no movement in carolina but there hasnt been much talk coming out of there recently

7. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    After a 4-0 defeat of Denmark's HB Køge, FC Cincinnati leave imgacademy's Suncoast Pro Classic as champions.

---------------

Good start for young club to get $10,000 and a trophy. Hoping means be competitive in USL this year.

8. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    GM confirmed today that season ticket sales have met expectations and currently sit between 4000 and 5000. The goal is to sell on average 9000-10000 tickets per game making FCC among the highest attended clubs in USL.

9. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
  10. CrazyJ628

CrazyJ628 Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    The center of the Earth
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Disappointing way to lose the inaugural game. However, I thought FCC could have scored at least three goals but could not finish

11. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    Yeah, thought it was going 0-0 around 80th minute, but cannot sleep in stoppage time.

Hoping can bounce back and work on what to do in the final third.

12. STLFC67

STLFC67 New Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    I was really hoping Cincy would have much larger support for their first match. Weather could have played a role, I guess. But let's hope it gets better. I was told Cincy was a thriving soccer city looking forward to having a pro squad in town.

13. USRufnex

USRufnex Red Card

Tulsa Athletic / Sheffield United
    United States
    Jul 15, 2000
    Tulsa, OK
    Club:
    --other--
    #63 USRufnex, Mar 28, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
    The game was played in Charleston.
    I'd bet money on an excellent opening day crowd of well over 10k for them at Nippert on the 9th.

14. STLFC67

STLFC67 New Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Fair point, I missed that detail. Sorry for that. Wasn't taking shots either, simply noticed it was bare in the stands. Best of luck. Wish you would have been around last year before STLFC was put to the west this season.

15. CrazyJ628

CrazyJ628 Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    The center of the Earth
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Why was St. Louis put in the West in the first place? That makes no sense. Was it to try to build a rivalry with Swope Park (assuming they're in Missouri since they're SKC's B-team).

16. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I think it was originally to balance out the conferences. There would have been 14 in each until San Antonio was a late addition which made 15 in the West. Also, the St. Louis front office reportedly requested it.

http://www.courier-journal.com/stor...isville-city-fcs-eastern-conference/31478497/

Swope Park is on the Missouri side of the state line in Kansas City unlike Sporting which plays in Kansas.

17. STLFC67

STLFC67 New Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Newtex is on point. I'm not sure the idea behind the request from STLFC's front office was really thought out or if they simply believed it would benefit the club somehow. Either way, no matter which conference, with only and East and West to work with STL was/is going to see some serious road trips. However, between 4 matches each with Swope Park, OKC, and Tulsa the trips are a little more spread out for the time being. I do see STLFC has a home/away with FC Cincinnati. Should be a fun couple of matches.

18. Blando13

Blando13 Member+

Dec 4, 2013
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We don't know the "future" conference plans. St. Louis could simply have wanted to experience the Western Conference for a year before the USL becomes a 3 Conference league with a West/Central/East division. That way they had a chance to play in all of those different locations. Who knows. Like you said, either way, there are some close trips and some long trips this year.

19. Chesco United

Chesco United Member+

DC United
    Jun 24, 2001
    Chester County, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Was at the BTFC-FC Cincinnati match at Goodman yesterday. There were many FC Cincinnati fans in my section. Was impressed by their passion. Hope you guys have a big crowd at Nippert.

Traumer repped this.
  20. CrazyJ628

CrazyJ628 Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    The center of the Earth
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    BST impressed me a lot. I think you're going to have a heck of a team this year.

21. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    Thank you. There were two watching parties here with The Pride at one and Die Innenstadt at the other. One I was at commented they were impressed by crowd at Bethlehem. We are hopeful interest is there and will be on display Saturday.

Chesco United repped this.
  22. Chesco United

Chesco United Member+

DC United
    Jun 24, 2001
    Chester County, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hope you guys have a big crowd at Nippert!

Traumer repped this.
  23. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    FC Cincinnati has announced the home opener has now sold in excess of 10,000 tickets. Could be some walk ups so optimistically may be around 11,000.

24. CrazyJ628

CrazyJ628 Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    The center of the Earth
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    I'd say walk ups might be bigger than that. I'm hoping for 15,000.

25. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    Everything thus far has been above expectations so trying not to get carried away. That said, I'd love it if you were right.

Chesco United repped this.