FC Cincinnati USL Superthread

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by mikehurst21, Aug 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jschwarz

jschwarz Member

Apr 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looking forward to the Valencia match but FCC will probably get walloped! Do you think the attendance can reach the numbers they had when Crystal Palace came to town? This match is on a Monday night which would make it harder in my opinion.

WiganFanFromQueensNY repped this.
  2. WiganFanFromQueensNY

Wigan
    France
    Jun 5, 2017
    If Crystal Palace drew 35k a year ago, I'd like to think Valencia could bring in 25-30k at least.

The Crystal Palace match was surprisingly competitive with FCC creating a fair amount of chances despite being so outclassed from a skill standpoint. Valencia only beat the Crew 1-0 in a friendly 2 years ago so hopefully FCC can defend well and make a game of it for 90 minutes at the least.

3. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    I'm guessing 25K or so for Valencia due to it being on a Monday night. I actually think Columbus next Wednesday has more hype and anticipation from other FC Cincinnati fans.

4. Tobias C

Tobias C Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 6, 2014
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As it should. It's sounding like there will be a solid away section if they had to open another section up. I'm still trying to decide if I'm coming or not.

5. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    Come on down! Everyone is welcome, big day for Ohio.

Tobias C repped this.
  6. Tobias C

Tobias C Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 6, 2014
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know. I feel compelled to be there like it's a historically relevant moment (for Ohio sports)....I need to be a part of.

Just don't have anyone to travel with me as of now and don't know if I want to bring my 21 month old daughter by myself on a 3 - 3.5 hour drive.

Well see!

7. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    We are so slow and predictable in attack making it frustrating knowing before it happens how we will fail. We have no one that makes the opposing side work or react.

I'd say we are 50/50 to make playoffs and that number will drop if things don't improve quickly.

8. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Crew fan here starting to take an interest in FCC. Personally, i hope you guys get into MLS because Cbus v Cincy would be the only real rivalry Cbus is capable of having.

Trying to learn about FCC, just read the posts for this season. Couple questions:

1) Djiby Fall seems like a solid striker. What kind of striker is he (target forward, runs the channels, false 9 etc) and why exactly was he suspended?

2) How does FCC play compared to last year? I've read the general difference in play of Harkes v Koch, but just looking for some more details. Does FCC build out of the back? What formation? Is the midfield play creative or more full of worker bees?

Me and the wife are Nordecke STH here in Cbus, we're coming down for the USOC on wednesday. Where is the best place to park? Thanks for all the info.

9. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    I feel the same, healthy rivalry benefits us both.

1) Djiby is a target forward, dangerous on headers and balls into the box. He was suspended for a red card offense and then altercation with a player afterward. Debate over exactly happened, but it was stupid and showed lack of discipline.

2) In general terms, worse. We have less communication, poorer passing, and woeful attack. We build from the back, get pushed wide because we have no midfield presence and then give the ball away or hoof it long and hopeful. We have no identity right now to be frank, we shift line ups and formations, but generally a lone striker with poor service has been the issue.

I honestly cannot speak to that, I park on the street a mile or so away and do the march from Mecklenburg (a bier garten Die Innenstadt meets at).

Kyle Crew repped this.
  10. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    [​IMG]
    There is zero chance we host a playoff match, and we're a bubble team to even make the playoffs. How do you spend more money on players and yet see such a down turn in performance? Someone has to be held accountable, and my guess is Koch will not be there in 2018 barring something incredible happening the rest of the year. It is a bit embarrassing to "raid" Louisville of two key players and then be so comprehensively outplayed by them thus far.

11. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Stadium renders shown off last night, again stated three location on the table. Goals are construction would begin in 2018 with 2020 completion. Idea was a smaller version of Bayern Munchen's stadium, with 25K capacity and safe standing area for supporters. Obviously depends on getting into MLS, will play at Nippert as long as FCC is in USL.

mclip_66 repped this.
  12. mclip_66

mclip_66 Member

Mar 5, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Hopefully the new stadium stays in Ohio and not put in Newport.

13. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    That is the goal, but good to have a back up plan. If Cincinnati works with the club something will get done, much of it will come down to public pressure. If Cincinnati residents want it, will stay in Cincinnati. If not, then Newport could welcome it. I'm going to see how it unfolds.

14. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    Just a heads up, but I'm expecting parking to be at a premium and likely have to walk a while given the high ticket demand for this match.

[​IMG]

Kyle Crew repped this.
  15. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got a pass in the corry garage.

16. oofinalheavenoo

Oct 30, 2006
    Daly City, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn. I'm watching the game on mls website. What a turnout.

17. WiganFanFromQueensNY

Wigan
    France
    Jun 5, 2017
    Historic win for Cincinnati professional sports.

FCC played a near flawless match. They limited the Crew to several half chances in the first half then used their physical veteran striker to outmuscle the Crew defense for a goal in the 65th minute. The last half hour was very nervy, but FCC stayed organized in defense and got a couple breaks with Crew shots and crosses just missing their mark down the stretch.

mclip_66 repped this.
  18. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    It felt like a playoff match, huge crowd and people were into it. I credit traveling fans for ratcheting up the tension as well, it was a special night. For a frustrating season thus far, this was a huge bright spot we needed.

mclip_66 repped this.
  19. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
  20. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2017 LH USOC Bracket for the Round of 16 (June 27/28) and Quarterfinals (July 11/12):
    Teams higher will host.

EAST
    New England
    DC United
    ------------------
    NY Red Bulls
    Philadelphia

SOUTH
    Miami FC
    Atlanta
    -------------
    Cincinnati
    Chicago

CENTRAL
    Houston
    Kansas City
    ----------------
    Dallas
    Colorado

WEST
    San Jose
    Seattle
    ------------
    LA Galaxy
    Sacramento

21. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    Be very curious who Chicago brings. If Schweinsteiger gets even a few minutes as a substitute be surreal to see him at Nippert.

22. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    On the Charleston match I actually thought we played very well given short rest and the opposition. Going to a 3-5-2 suits us so much better than a 4-5-1 as finally looked good in attack. I am just worried all those dropped points may be too much now. We have to get wins and fast if we want to be in the playoffs.

On attendance, encouraging to see no dips of any match with several 20,000+ crowds now on the books. We look almost certain to exceed 2016 average, continue to be impressed by the support.

24. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    Interesting fact

--------------
    Per USOC Home game app, home teams in last round (FCCvCrew) had to pay host fee of $12K plus 15% above $100K of Total Gross Ticket Revenue
    -------------

Average ticket was roughly $13 (I am guessing here) so at 30,000 that is $390,000

USOC got $12,000+$43,500=$65,500

I'm guessing they were fine seeing Cincinnati hosting again after that.

25. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States