Fan Zones Euro 2016 and other places to watch live broadcasts

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by syau, Jun 4, 2016.

1. syau

syau New Member

Mar 9, 2016
    I'm sure there are other people like myself that will be in France for the duration of the tournament that, in addition to the matches we have tickets to, will want to watch other games live on TV in environments with other fans.

So I thought I'd gather the information for the Fan Zones in one location that can be easily referenced.

Bordeaux

Place des Quinconces

Lens

Hôtel de ville

Lille

Parc Henri Matisse

Lyon

Place Bellecour

Marseille

Plage du Prado

Nice

Théâtre de Verdure

Paris

Champs de Mars

Saint-Denis

Parc de la Légion d'Honneur

Saint-Etienne

Parc François-Mitterrand

Toulouse

Allées Jules-Guesde

I don't think I'll go to the fan zones much, I'd prefer to watch from a bar or cafe so if anyone has any good recommendation in host cities feel free to post them and I can add them to the list.

2. matt breakwell

Kidderminster Harriers
    England
    Dec 17, 2015
    Birmingham
    Club:
    12 de Octubre
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Alright people, with under a week to go, I'm stuggling to find any information about the fan zones, seen a few pictures and videos of the paris one appier on Facebook yesterday but nothing about any of the others. Looking at going to the marseille one, before the engalnd game on Saturday, the paris one for the opening game and the lens one before and after the engalnd game. Being my first tournament just looking for some advice on the fan zones, I imagine going to have to get there early for the opening game in Paris. Also do you have to get tickets to the fan zones or just turn up? I assume it's not going to be cheap once in there. So anyone with any information would be much appreciated.

3. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The fan zones I've seen before are free, and you just wander in after a security check. Unless France are playing, getting in won't be a problem (with the possible exception of England v Wales).

I don't think beer etc is too marked up, but the variety can be limited.

I still prefer to find a bar somewhere though. I'm not wildly keen of standing up for two hours, looking at a screen in the distance. With the weather looking likely to retain it's recent potential to be "interesting", being outdoors in an uncovered area might not be ideal.

4. Cazlon

Cazlon Member

Aug 17, 2005
    Pretoria/Berlin
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Fan zones are usually free, but have a security check somewhere. Given the terrorist situation you should probably be prepared to have your stuff searched thoroughly. Dunno what the policy on beverages will be, if you're used to English cost level of beer, you should probably be ok though ;)

The Plage du Prado is a beach in Marseille, great place to visit even outside of a match. For England vs. Russia there should be plenty of room, many of the locals are more affiliated with Northern Africa than Europe and won't care much. There won't be that many Russians either, Visa and economic troubles. I'd recommend sticking to the tourist destinations in Marseille, there are some security concerns especially in the northern parts of the city ( crime, not terrorism ).

Never been to Lens, so no idea about that one.

5. jamesp1878

jamesp1878 New Member

Feb 4, 2016
    St. Helens
    Club:
    Everton FC
    we are in Paris for England v Russia, where do the English plan on going?

mainly to the Paris fan zone?

6. GoalGoalUSA

GoalGoalUSA Member

Apr 15, 2016
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi all. Just got to Bordeaux. Seems like friday afternoon / evening will be a wash due to rain. Pity as we were hoping to watch the opening match in the fan zone. Any ideas on alternatives? Thanks

7. Wolves1889

Wolves1889 Member

Mar 13, 2016
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    No Outdoors TV will be allowed according to French minister of sports.
    Let it rain,you´ll have to watch indoors anyways.

8. Thomas1930

Thomas1930 Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Czech Republic
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland

What????Where did you get this crazy info from? According to the UEFA all the games will be available to watch in the Fan Zones. And they are outdoors...

9. Wolves1889

Wolves1889 Member

Mar 13, 2016
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    That is correct.The fanzones is the only outdoor places that is allowed to show the football I recon.

10. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Loads of bars are showing the games on TVs outside. One place not showing (every) game - my bloody hotel. I thought I'd take a drinking break and watch Poland v Northern Ireland, but it's not on any channel.