Fact or fiction: Serie A is the third best league in Europe (behind Premiership and La Liga)

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by pc4th, Jun 5, 2009.

?

Fact or fiction: Serie A is the third best league in Europe (behind Premiership and La Liga)

1. Fact

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Fiction

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Marginal offsides aren't forgettable, they can happen but at the end of the day they have the same exact result as the blatant offside goal we got. This whole theory is completely idiotic as one is more blatant than the other, it is somehow more ok to forget about the other goal. Did our blatant offside goal give us 1 goal? Yes. Did their close offside goal that is still offsides give them a 1 goal lead? Yes. It's true I have Bayern as my team but I don't need to defend them when they don't deserve it otherwise I would be whining about Maicon's handball in the final which I totally accept since Inter were better than us last season and won the final. Deserved champs.

Are you United fan by any chance? I notice you are an EPL fan and that's the only way you can spout total bullshit like Bayern were lucky until the final. I'm not sure if this seems to be a popular thing here that goes unnoticed but saying you're wrong and adding nothing substantial afterwards doesn't fly when you are discussing with me. You being a neutral at the end of the day means nothing either, you're either right, wrong or adding something new to what we've discussed which clearly isn't the case.

2. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What help did Bayern get from the ref vs Juventus, Manure and Lyon, The Fiorentina game had one offside goal for both sides iirc

3. lost

lost Member

May 24, 2006
    England
    the 2nd yellow on rafael was contentious. until that point you were looking like doing a roma and conceeding 7. these are rarely called, the ref was clearly keen to do it.
    now i await the 'you dont know what your talking about' blah blah rubbish. if you want that, go run around in circles with duck for a few weeks, im not interested.

i hope you enjoyed your one season back in the limelight, you should be returning to perenial mediocrity this year, and you didnt even get the cup.

and there is a world of difference between a marginal, which no one can be too miffed about as human error is natural, and a freaking 2 meter gap, player in space with not a defender in site, which stevie wonder would be able to call. i dont know if bayern cheated and paid the ref, or if uefa wanted them through and fiorentina out, or what, but there is no frikkin way it cannot be decscribed as a disgrace. this is the 3rd time im going to say this, you are welcome to repeating yourself for a 15th time in a desperate attempt for the final word, which is unbelievably lame and sad.

and also, about the tables, what am i doing wrong? i jump to 2012 and it clearly says

bl 47.186
    ll 47.115

now, my mathmatics may be attrocious, but my reading skills cant be so far behind everyone elses that i can get this wrong. if this season were cancelled here and now, and we started next seasons counting, why would the bl not be in second?

and , to all y'all , read em and weep:

EPL 4 sides
    LL 3, BL 3 SA 3

'The epl is going backwards'
    'LL is the best'
    'EPL only has 2 teams'
    'blah blah blah blah'

in the words of rafa benitez : FACT!

4. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Serie A >> La Liga! C'mon now. La Liga is awful now and its embarassing. LMFAO at Sevilla.

See? Anyone can be a dumb ********.

5. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Two words:
    temporary standings

Only the rank at the end of the season counts.

6. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I've tried telling lost this before. It won't take.

7. Philipp Lahm

Philipp Lahm Member+

Feb 24, 2010
    Russian Federation
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    BL>EPL>LL>French league>>>Calcio :D

8. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    The French have their own league? :confused:

9. Pyros

Pyros Member

Sep 6, 2009
    La Coruña
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Yes. The current season, which lost is counting as already finished, is already ongoing, and the rankings will change. So there's still a lot to be said about 2010-11 rankings. And, since the 2012-13 allocations depend on the rankings of 2006-07 to 2010-11, and La Liga has a HUGE advantage over Bundesliga in 2006-07, they would need a much better season than La Liga to overtake us at the end of the year, and two slightly better seasons to overtake us after two years.

10. HSV-Jung

HSV-Jung Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Frankfurt
    Club:
    Hamburger SV

Your're trolling, right?

11. Pyros

Pyros Member

Sep 6, 2009
    La Coruña
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    No, are you?

12. lost

lost Member

May 24, 2006
    England
    well, pyro seems to support valencia and depor, so i really wouldnt take much of what he thinks about football too seriously, not an infomed fan, one might suspect.

13. Pyros

Pyros Member

Sep 6, 2009
    La Coruña
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Well, at least I know how to read the UEFA coefficients, unlike some others :rolleyes:

14. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Fabio got a yellow for pulling the shirt, which is perfectly legal and Bayern kicked United's ass in 3 of the 4 halves. I will enjoy the 1 year wonder, because I know we actually have youngsters like Muller and Kroos that United would dream of currently having. It's ok though, I'm sure 34 year old Giggs and volleyball Ginger prove how big a future your team has.

All you're saying is a bunch of repeated crap as well about the Fiorentina incident. Yes it was a lot more obvious yet it was still the same result. Continue your idiotic logic that has no substance whatsoever. I will repeat a 16th time if needed because I don't feel like bullshit should be repeated over and over again without it being cleaned up. Either add something substantial or whither away with your weak argument.

15. evangel

evangel Member+

Apr 12, 2007
    How can anyone possibly think Pyros is trolling?

16. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What was contentious about a shirt tug? Was it that Rafael didnt tug Ribery or what?
    Up till that point, Manure were leading 3-1 and bayern started coming back into the game towards the end of the 1st half after the atrocious start In the lasy 5 mins of the first half, Olics shot was charged down, VDS had a great stop from Robbens shot and Olic scored. FACTS Pls
    Infantile

Does marginal and miles make a bad call good or vice versa?

17. b4rcelona

b4rcelona Member

May 9, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Atletico Madrid just beat Inter 2-0 for the Euro Super Cup.

18. evangel

evangel Member+

Apr 12, 2007
    No Sextuple for Inter.

19. lost

lost Member

May 24, 2006
    England
    i can hear jose laughing....

[​IMG]

20. Cirdan

Cirdan Member

Sep 12, 2007
    Jena (Germany)
    Particularly since the referees are advised not to call an offside when they are in doubt, there is a difference between a very close offside and a 2m-offside.

On the other hand, the whole idea of just saying "that goal was bogus, so it should have been 3:2 for Fiorentina over both legs" is ridiculous to me. A goal doesn't just change the scoreboard, it changes psychology and tactics as well, eg in the 2nd leg Bayern pretty much only attacked when they needed to score. Both legs were close, it's possible and not all that unlikely that Fiorentina would have won, possibly even higher if Bayern had gone all out attacking and open for counters at some point, but it could as well be that Bayern would have come back anyway, we'll never know, the only thing we know for certain is that the way the ref called it, Bayern won on away goals rule.

21. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bayern always attacks, we are like Barcelona. We have one plan, try to keep the ball and score as many as possible. Whether we do it is another story.

Anyways, I feel like this thread needs to be bumped :p

22. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    The Europa League is killing Italy's UEFA coefficient. They do okay in the Champions League - sending at least 3 or 4 teams to the KO stages every season.

So ironically their coefficient might get even worse when they have only 3 CL teams.

23. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    One draw is enough to make it official that the Bundesliga has overtaken Italy in the UEFA rankings and receives the 4th CL spot from next season on. So, Leverkusen or Stuttgart can make it official today already.

24. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas
    Current results would disagree....

25. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas
    Might want to re-think that one Duck.....