FA CUP: Arsenal v. Lincoln City - Sat 11th Mar

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by voltman, Mar 10, 2017.

1. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ....any given matchday, you'll see.

2. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seems more like a couple of months. And frankly, he's rarely shined consistently for us in the last 2 seasons. He had a good patch at Euros but that was about it. Sure the different systems played at Arsenal vs Wales could be a factor, but honestly I think it's more down to the player. For example, the system doesn't cause someone to choke time after time with shots on goal.

p.s. I do realize that he did finish the goal against Lincoln from 2 yards out. And I honestly hope that inflates his confidence just enough to fix his shooting boots in general.

3. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And in the semis we get...

Citeh. Not bad. :)

At Wembley of course. :(

BIGHMW repped this.
  4. ArsenalJake

ArsenalJake Member+

Feb 11, 2013
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Better than drawing Chelsea.

And it sets up a potential final vs. Spuds . . .

Like I said . . . Better than drawing Chelsea.

BIGHMW repped this.
  5. MilesW

MilesW Member+

Aug 26, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So a Chelsea/City final?

LAgooner05 and daedalus repped this.
  6. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I think you're paying too much attention to what happens on the ball. Yes, Ramsey screws up with his finishing at times, BUT he also gets in those positions. Other players don't.

7. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With the ball or without. In goal-scoring positions or in midfield. It's all important. But I don't think Ramsey has played well for us for a good long time. Certainly not consistently well. That's what prompted my initial comment about his regression.

8. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NO!!! How about a North London Derby final!!! COYF'n'G!!! BEAT CITY FIRST though!!! One match at a time, and then we'll see whether Scums get by Chel$ki or not.

9. ArsenalJake

ArsenalJake Member+

Feb 11, 2013
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since returning from the broken leg, Rambo has 40+ appearances in each of the previous 5 seasons except for 1; the 2013-14 season where he scored 16 goals in all competitions, in only 34 appearances. He never scored more than 10 in those other 4 seasons.

For me, this speaks volumes to just how special Rambo was for us that 1 season leading up to the World Cup. He was Arsenal's player of the year, and made the short list for EPL young player of the year.

Disappointingly, he really hasn't been as special for us before or since. Yet it's that season that everyone compares him to, because we all wish he could somehow be that good all the time.

10. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly. Or even a semblance of that season would be nice.

11. SaratogaGooner

Nov 23, 2009
    Clifton Park NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK. I give up. When is the ********ing game? I know kick-off is 17:30 London time correct? Are we playing Saturday or Sunday? (like they don't know by now for Wembley). Am I confused or stupid? Conflicting info. all over the net. Help! I need to cancel shit to see the game.... it can't be this complicated. Maybe I'm just dumb as a rock (no shitty ass comments please). is the secret schedule released at a later date or something?

12. ArsenalJake

ArsenalJake Member+

Feb 11, 2013
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FA Cup semifinal vs. Citeh will be played on Sunday, 4/23, 2:45pm Eastern time in the US.