F1 2007 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by Kurbsky, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Pathogen

Pathogen Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Like you care.
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is not a poll.

3. Pathogen

Pathogen Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Like you care.
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What a ********** way to win.

4. kronic160

kronic160 Member

Apr 21, 2005
    Mars
    Well deserved. After all the politics and scandals, it just won't be right for McLaren to win it. I was pulling for Alonso but looking at the season as a whole McLaren should of been booted from the season so they were lucky to still be racing.

I hate ferrari but props to Kimi for an amazing last 4 races!

5. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    An amazing turn of events. What the hell was Hamilton *thinking*. I think he let his testosterone get the better of him at the start there. Ferrari had the better car on the day, but if Hamilton had just followed Alonso and been content with fourth, he'd be the champion.

I thought it was funny how Alonso was celebrating his third-place finish (bounding happily onto the podium, etc) only slightly less than if he'd won the race. He was clearly thrilled that Hamilton lost out.

I felt a little bad for Massa, essentially having to pass up the chance to win his home grand prix. Kimi owes him a big one. The guys on Speed were acting as if Massa might try to pass Kimi exiting the pits. Right.

6. kronic160

kronic160 Member

Apr 21, 2005
    Mars
    Lucky for you that you didn't hear the english announcers. They were so depressed when kimi crossed the finish line... it was embarrassing to hear as a race fan. An announcer shouldn't be bias and should just call the race.

The whole race was what if bmw takes each other out
    what if hamilton was in 5th would alonso move over
    what if you call the race as it's being raced.;)

7. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. I am a McLaren fan, but I also like Kimi - full props to him.

Hamilton lost the championship due to driving errors in the last two races. As the guys on Speed said, it showed that he is a rookie.

Agreed on this, too. Also, from the post race press confrence, it seemed that he is not returning to McLaren - all the comments are about the past and nothing about the future.

Massa took it like a great team player - I really respect him. I also chuckled at the Speed guys wondering if Massa would have the lead upon exiting the pits - Right!

8. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
  9. IvanIV

IvanIV King of all He purveys

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

STILL!!!

10. Brabantse Nachten...

May 10, 2005
    Netherlands
    [youtube]Zfn18_2Cbu4[/youtube]

A 3-min Formula 1 2007 Highlights Review by the Dutch channel RTL7.
    Enjoy!:D

11. CRASH 4 ARSENAL

Jan 26, 2006
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    So what is everyone's guess on where Alonso ends up next year?

I predict Toyota will throw a whole bunch of money at him.

12. PsychedelicCeltic

PsychedelicCeltic New Member

Dec 10, 2003
    San Francisco/London
    Red Bull, on a one year deal.

13. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    i think he would like to join a team that can win races

perhaps BMW if a spot frees up with one of the drivers going to McLaren?

14. Koby7STAR

Koby7STAR Member

Feb 16, 2007
    England
    Maybe Renault.
    Also, Fedwood, did you create that Hamilton book cover-it is funny.

15. Raul-7

Raul-7 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 17, 2006
    I think it will be BMW Sauber.

16. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    no i did not
    i just saw it posted on another forum i frequent and thought you guys might get a laugh

17. PsychedelicCeltic

Dec 10, 2003
    San Francisco/London
    He's not going to be allowed to drive for a team that is factory backed and can win races, hence Red Bull as they're the best of the rest.

There's also rumors he is personally preferring a one year deal if Ferrari come calling, and no one other than Red Bull will give it to him.

Hence Red Bull on a one year deal.

18. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    why isn't he allowed to drive for a factory backed team?

and isn't Ferrari factory backed

19. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    I just figured Flav would woo him back to Renault. Would it be ironic though if he ended up alongside another heralded rookie in Piquet, Jr.

20. PsychedelicCeltic

Dec 10, 2003
    San Francisco/London
    Because he signed a two year contract with McLaren and they can effectively dictate where he goes. They didn't just rip up the contract - Dennis would be livid if Alonso jumped to Ferrari.

So it's been rumored that Dennis against letting him join factory backed teams, as they're the quickest. Dennis could possibly be persuaded to let him go to Renault but Renault want a three year commitment from Alonso and Alonso only wants a one year deal - he obviously wants to jump into either Raikkonen or Massa's seat eventually.

21. Raul-7

Raul-7 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 17, 2006
    Ferrari should just sack Massa, obviously he hasn't fulfilled his potential and it's about time he moved on. The only problem I foresee is how well the team will cope with two World Champions on their team. I know Raikonnen is cool-head and modest, but Alonso is quite the opposite.

22. PsychedelicCeltic

Dec 10, 2003
    San Francisco/London
    That's why they aren't going to sack Massa.

23. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Right. Massa was the ultimate team player down the stretch, and that's what Ferrari demands. Obviously, he *could* have won in Brazil, but he, er, "figured out" what was best for the team and did it.

24. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. Apart from Massa not fulfilling his potential, he is the ultimate team player. Name anybody who had a seat last year that was as much a team player as Massa. No way does Ferrari dump Massa, specially for Alonso. Think about this, also: Kimi has the biggest contract in F1. Alonso would demand just as much if not more. I know Ferrari has gobs of money, but I can't see them paying the two top salaries in F1.

25. kronic160

kronic160 Member

Apr 21, 2005
    Mars

Ferrari has always been about driver 1a and 1b (never forget that was Ferrari's response to the media about #1 status at Ferrari for Schumacher)

Anyways back on topic, Massa is the perfect #2(1b) like Rubens was. They'll get the odd wins but won't claim the top prize. Most of Kimi's salary comes from the agreement that Ferrari signed when the manufactures wanted to start their own league. Ferrari got a huge piece of the pie probably double what any other team managed to squeeze out of Max & Bernie for staying loyal to the FIA.

Alonso going to Ferrari would be a long shot, if he's going to waste a year then probably Williams or RedBull would be the best fit. I personally would like to see him at Toyota and see what he can do with that 'brick'.