Executive Producer

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by Kit, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Kit

Kit Member+

Aug 30, 1999
    Herkimer, NY, USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know this is not really indoor soccer related, but the Cosmos did play in the NASL indoor league. Over at their website, nycosmos.com, they list the staff including one "Executive Producer." What the heck is that? Since when were they a TV show?

2. dcunitedTV

dcunitedTV Member

Sep 30, 2007
    USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    EC might be a poor title for someone who will be in charge of their web media/video/etc. Since its one guy he can wear many hats. He probably liked that title best.If they were ever to hire more people under him in that dept. the title would make more since.

3. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    You couldn't have posted this in one of the eight other Cosmos threads currently open?

4. wlamar3

wlamar3 Member

Sep 14, 2008
    Harrisburg
    How about the Cleveland Crunch/Force with a position on the coaching staff called Technical Director. I'm still scratching my head over that one.

Bill
    I want my Heat.

5. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    well now as somebody who has worked behind the scenes at games
    there is fog - lights - sound - timing of extra activities - etc.
    a lot does go on behind the scenes even at a simple game - where players line up and who lines up where - what order they come out - when you throw stuff out to the crowd -
    there is an itinerary of activities and I listened to the person on headphones who gave me instructions on how much fog and direction of fog / speed up or slow down the lights - stop the fog for 30 seconds and turn back on
    aim a little higher right now and then aim at the ground because I could not see what the audience sees
    and somebody has to be in charge of that - somebody has to wear the headphones and give orders

6. Beau Dure

Beau Dure Member+

May 31, 2000
    Vienna, VA
    I'll assume you're kidding.

I've seen the occasional "executive producer" Web title. People who put content on the site are often called "producers," so some people use that to denote a more senior "producer."

7. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    I have seen technical director or get that but ya executive producer is a chuckle