ex President of CONCACAF Jack Warner: The Comeback

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by bana2166, May 19, 2012.

1. bana2166

bana2166 Member

Feb 5, 2000
    Jamaica Hills-NYCity
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
  2. bana2166

bana2166 Member

Feb 5, 2000
    Jamaica Hills-NYCity
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    Fixin’ TT head: I’m in love with T&T

[​IMG]
    Kirk Waithe, of Fixin’ TT wants a well governed, safe, secure, efficient and productive country

Leaving Mr Warner for the time being, what drives you with this Fixin’ TT agenda?
    I am obsessed with Trinidad and Tobago. I not only love but I am in love with Trinidad and Tobago. I wake up every morning knowing that this little space called Trinidad and Tobago was put on this earth to create a society for the world tomorrow. I understand that this is why we have the ethnic, religious and cultural diversity. Why we have the intellectual and creative capacity.

All of that relative to a minute population upon a small geographic area. This place has all the ingredients to create a society for the world tomorrow. And your good governance obsession? I would like to see good governance where our elected officials fully appreciate our most valuable resource, which is our human resource, where you put every measure in place to protect, preserve and develop that resource.

And when you are committed to doing that you will find that you have functional institutions, effective law and order, a safe and secured society. One that is literate because in a country like ours, there is absolutely no excuse why we should have a 47 per cent functional illiteracy rate. That is insane Clevon. We are too rich to be so poor; the fact that we have the type of health care we have, we’re too rich to be so poor; the fact that we have the level of crime that we have; we are too rich to be so poor and so on.

Very well, getting back to Mr Warner. He said in response to your attack that your group was being malicious and disingenuous to defame his character. Would you be surprised to know that many people share this view?
    I don’t know, I did not conduct a survey to see how many people agree with him (laughing out loud). What Mr Warner says there, we must vigorously defend his right to say what he did, that is freedom of expression, as we must enjoy our right to be critical of elected officials.

Correct, but shouldn’t this be based on hard, cold facts, not merely allegations?
    Uh huh. These are allegations and all we are saying is that they should be cleared up, especially when you desire to hold public office. Funding for the TTFF has been cut off pending full clarification of the money that came from the Korean Football Federation that was supposed to go to Haiti...

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2012-05-20/fixin’-tt-head-i’m-love-tt

3. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  4. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/07/30/3531822/ex-fifa-official-warner-wins-election.html

PORT-OF-SPAIN, Trinidad -- Former international soccer official Jack Warner has made a political comeback in the Caribbean nation of Trinidad & Tobago a few months after a regional sports group's ethics panel accused him of enriching himself through fraud.

Warner thanked a crowd of cheering supporters late Monday after the results showed he received more than twice as many votes as ruling party candidate Khadijah Ameen to reclaim the seat of Chaguanas West. The district is a fast-growing community in central Trinidad where Warner was first elected as parliamentarian in the 1990s.

Figures from the elections office shows Warner with 12,631 votes. Ameen of Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar's United National Congress won 5,126 votes, according to the preliminary tally.

Warner's political revival in Trinidad was met with a subdued response by Persad-Bissessar. The country's leader was once a staunch political ally of Warner's but she blasted him during the by-election campaign and insisted that he had to answer questions about the corruption allegations in the soccer group's report.

"This is just one battle in many, many more to come," Persad-Bissessar said after the preliminary tally was announced.

It was not clear whether Persad-Bissessar's government would try to bring Warner's party into the ruling coalition.