Everyone's favorite son: The Timo Werner thread

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Epitome990, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    http://outsideoftheboot.com/2017/11...ek-12-naby-keita-and-justin-kluivert-feature/

Timo Werner is the final piece of the puzzle as a third representative from RB Leipzig’s impressive week. The German’s inclusion is on the back of his Champions League performance during the 4-1 win in France. The 21-year-old struck twice – the first after a smart run in behind the Monaco defence followed by a deft finish, while he grabbed his second from the penalty spot. The youngster is now four shy of a milestone fifty club goals having played just over one fifty games for Stuttgart and RB Leipzig.

[​IMG]

Ger90 repped this.
  2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #252 Ger90, Nov 30, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    Barca as well, they had guys watching the Germany vs France game as well as other matches involving him. LOL, the Spanish top dogs both going after Werner. If he has a successful WC all the biggest clubs will go after him and his transfer price would go through the roof.

Epitome990 repped this.
  3. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ger90 repped this.
  4. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ger90 repped this.
  5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    not sure what the coach is thinking playing Werner on the wings while Augustin is the CF.
    and Werner scored a goal but was later on called offside.

6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Epitome990 repped this.
  7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Epitome990 repped this.
  8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Comparison from last season

Bundesliga Only and Before the Winter Break

2016-2017 season: 9 goals
    2017-2018 season: 8 goals (but there are 2 games left before the Winter break)

9. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    But my concern was, other than the penalty , he didn't contribute much on the pitch

10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    that's actually not true at all. He had plenty of crosses for his teammates, who did not read his play or he was just too fast for them, created scoring chances. Had a few headers too. Also created a chance out of nothing just from a run from behind. Would say he was the most effective attacking player

Not much one can do when this was just as very bad XI chosen. Keita on the bench, Sabitzer and Forsberg out injured. Having Kaiser in your XI says is it all

11. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Is he out of form?

12. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    no in the last few games, he's been playing more of a winger role for some odd reason and at the same time RB have been pretty bad team attacking wise, no creativity, overall no real threats. They are also missing few key players like Forsberg, Sabitzer who are both injured. Keita seems to be between used and no used.

those are the 4 players that make the RB attack tick.

13. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I actually think he is exhausted.

He was used as a winger against Besiktas, but not quite against Hoffenheim, Werder Bremen and Mainz.

Timo Werner already played at CF role in those few games. apparently he doesnt just stand inside the box as a poacher, he never is that type of striker. Timo Werner's game is always mobile and a lot of interchange. He doesnt just play in the middle

I can't say the scoring drought (other than that penalty VS Mainz) is mainly because of the position he played.

Maybe Ger90 is right tho, without the service from Forsberg and Sabitzer makes a difference

14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #264 Ger90, Dec 12, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
    look at the Mainz game
    Werner-Poulsen
    Kampl-Laimer-Demme-Kaiser

that's one garbage lineup to be honest. Demme is a DM but Kaiser and Laimer aren't that good and Kampl is decent at best.

then today's game had Keita but the rest were very bad. I wouldn't say Werner is having a drought more like the whole team is struggling. Last 5 games, 1 win, 2 draws, 2 defeats, scoring a total of 6 goals....

it's the same with Mario Gomez, people will criticize him having only 1 goal. But has anyone watched Wolfsburg under Schmidt except for like 2 games. There is barely an attack/service at all, they even got dominated by Hamburg, lol.

Recently I've also noticed something in 1BL, a lot of teams are constantly defending, so scoring opportunities are not as easy. Even more so when you don't have the right players to penetrate a defense. And things like counterattack goals for example are becoming a bit rare in the last matchdays.

15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    the real Karl-Heinz Riedle talks about Werner's importance to Germany and WC18.;)

"It's a hard group for sure. Sweden eliminated Germany this year. I don't know too much about South Korea team. Even the Germany national team coach said you'll never know what comes up. Everyone know Son (Heung-Min) at Tottenham is a very good player. If they qualified for the World Cup, they must be a strong team."

"I had the experience of playing South Korea in the World Cup in 94. We didn't know anything about the players but in the second half we knew everything because they were strong and battled us very good. We were lucky to win 3-2 in that game. So I'm sure they will also have a good team this time around. I'm looking forward to see them in the World Cup," Riedle told Goal in an exclusive interview.

As a forward in his playing days, Riedle can speak with authority on that position and that is where he sees the greatest problem to this Germany side. Acknowledging one RB Leipzig forward as the only viable in-form option at the moment, Riedle is worried should anything happen to that particular player prior to the tournament.

"Germany are the favourites in the group and because we are the title holders and probably one of the favourites to win the World Cup in Russia. I don't know. You see France and they have a really strong team this year. But you never know."

"With the German team, you would expect them to at least reach the semi-final or the final. I hope we can surprise and be the first team to be able to retain the trophy. We have a good team but the problem for us is that we are lacking about strikers at the moment. We only have Timo Werner who is top class at the moment. So if he is injured or off form, we will struggle up front," he added.

16. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well i think MArk Uth is performing very very well but he missed some chance because of injury

Mario Gomez or Sandro Wagner can always contirbute because we lack players of that type. They can be x-factor

Ger90 repped this.
  17. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    #267 Epitome990, Dec 13, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
    Lack of depth and the injuries to key players like Forsberg and Sabitzer have hurt them a lot. RB Leipzig have been losing a lot of ground lately in the standings. Leverkusen, Schalke, Hoffenheim, and even a seemingly rejuvenated Dortmund now that Bosz is gone could very well move ahead of them in the standings going into the winter break.

Ger90 repped this.
  18. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Rangnick publicly criticised Timo Werner's form, being too inconsistent

In fact, he has only scored 1 goal in last six matches

Timo Werner is only suited in counter attack, he needs a lot of space from the opponents half in order to perform n showcase his explosiveness

If our opponent sit deep? Timo Werner needs something more than pace to help the team. Which I don't see it from him yet

Finishing is still raw in my opinion

http://www.rp-online.de/sport/fussb...f-rangnick-rueffelt-timo-werner-aid-1.7280802

19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    people always say that Werner is only suited for counters which isn't even true. Last season from his 21 league goals only 7/21 were counters, which left him with 14 goals scored from non counters.

why isn't he scoring? Well why is the whole team very poor? Why is only Werner being singled out? I don't see anyone saying anything about Poulsen or Augustin etc....

20. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Thomsen repped this.
  21. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Karl-Heinz Riedle and Ger90 repped this.
  22. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Werner scores his 9th goal of the season off the bench to give RB the 2-1 lead vs Schalke as both teams fight for 2nd place.
    https://www.clippituser.tv/c/llrdkn

Update, Werner now with an assist for the 3-1 lead!

Epitome990 repped this.
  23. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And he's added an assist for the 3-1

Epitome990 and Ger90 repped this.