Even more . . . Stuff from other MLS Teams

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by SoccerPrime, Mar 30, 2014.

1. trackrunner

trackrunner Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    pcny, PumaJohnny, RSLer and 1 other person repped this.
  2. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love that he's into the whole Zlatan thing. It's the best. You can't hate the guy, believe me I tried when he was with Inter and Juve

3. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like that he's humorous about it, but he can also back up his talk.

BlueCrimson, pcny and trackrunner repped this.
  4. pcny

pcny Member

Sep 2, 2007
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
  5. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For all you LAFC haters out there. Atlanta put 5 goals past LAFC to win 5-0. The game was broadcast on ESPN. Oops!

6. trackrunner

trackrunner Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
  8. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There were several quotes going around from different MLS front offices to the effect that they were not going to deal with the Revs FO ever.

Todorojo repped this.
  9. Allez RSL

Allez RSL Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Home
    I like this guy's football tactics videos, and have been watching them for a while. I was pleased this week when I saw that he uploaded one on MLS.

BalanceUT repped this.
  10. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wonder how short the Petke one would be

11. Ivensor

Ivensor Member

Nov 10, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    "In 2018, Petke's style has been characterized by two groups of 4 players: the offense, composed of Luis Silva, Joao Plata, Albert Rusnak, and Jefferson Savarino, is totally and utterly disconnected from the back four, composed of a rotating cast of soon-to-be-injured defenders. Between these two groups are a pair of defensive midfielders who play the exact same position and apparently have no clue what they are supposed to be doing, how to work together, or how to link the offense and defense. This results in a series of hopeless long balls and relentless counterattacks right down the gut of the RSL defense.

But, Rimando still seems quite good, so there's that."

rslfanboy, RSLer, 15 to 32 and 1 other person repped this.
  12. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

13. trackrunner

trackrunner Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Zlatan appeared on Jimmy Kimmel last night and made Jimmy a "super star." It was pure Zlatan gold.

Todorojo repped this.
  14. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone else watch the CCL Final second leg last night? Had to feel a bit for TFC as they got so so close to winning it but, alas, lost in the most cruel way to lose a game (pks).

A few notes on the game:
    • I've seen a lot of hate thrown Bradley's way. He missed the pk that ultimately sealed the fate of TFC last night, but any blame put on him is done with a narrative in mind and not being honest. Bradley was a large part of why this team was even in that game/series. Heck, he is a massive part of TFC's rise to being one of the greatest (if not the greatest) MLS team in the leagues short existence. Anyone who goes "Bradley will be remembered for missing that pk and being captain on the USMNT that didn't make the World Cup for the first time since Reagan" was always going to hate Bradley. They were just looking for reasons to justify their hate.
    • Giovinco is the best player in this region, bar none. Nobody in Mexico could actually track him and we've seen what the league has to offer.
    • TFC played 3 games in Mexico and had a record of 1-1-1 in those games. That's flat out amazing, especially when you consider they played against Tigres, America, and Chivas. Kudos to them
    • I was not pulling for TFC last night, I was purely neutral. The whole MLS4(insert club) thing reminded me of all the non-Alabama SEC schools getting pumped up and chanting SEC while Bama carries the conference.
    • Having said what I said about Bradley and not cheering for a team, I was somewhat relieved when TFC lost because then Jozy and Bradley aren't playing in the Club World Cup after missing out on the actual World Cup

15. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't watch the game because A) I didn't know that the game was on, and B) if I had known, I wouldn't probably watched it because RSL wasn't playing.

So, I guess it sucks to be TFC. Welcome to the club of MLS CCL Final losers. RSL is still the only US team to have been to the CCL finals whereas two of three Canadian MLS clubs have been.

16. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. PumaJohnny

PumaJohnny Member

Nov 30, 2001
    Draper
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nguyen finds a home at LAFC in exchange for $350K GAM, $350K TAM, and a first round pick in 2019 or 2020. I was curious how this one was going to play out. I would have loved to see him in an RSL kit, particularly as game roster decisions showed he was never going to be in a Rev kit again.

[​IMG]

This was a tough situation and I see both sides. He gave great years to the Revs, was under contract, but asked for a trade. Because he didn't show up to pre-season he was appropriately in the doghouse. As a new coach, Friedel couldn't allow that behavior to be awarded. At the same time, how do you make it clear that a player won't get any minutes and still keep his trade value?

18. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LAFC: the rich just got richer. That team is going to be even scarier in transition now with Nguyen. Jesus.
    I would have loved him at RSL but it would have required a fundamental shift in the style/formation to get him in the starting XI.

PumaJohnny and RSLer repped this.
  19. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Two words: Good hair.

PumaJohnny repped this.
  20. CrazyJ628

CrazyJ628 Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    The center of the Earth
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    MLS is going the route of the NBA sooner than I thought. While the NBA has parity measures, it's easier to build super teams if you're smart with your money. Unless RSL is going to drop millions on more DPs and use TAM to grab some good young talent, I don't see a run like the 09-13 team happening again. MLS is going to become a league of haves and have-nots.

21. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When he came to MLS from Vietnam, we were one of six teams to put in for his rights in a weighted lottery. Vancouver and Toronto had the highest chances of success - 47% and 38% respectively - but we were interested nonetheless. But then he was waived by Vancouver a week before the 2012 season started - perhaps because he Tweeted a homophobic slur at a teammate, perhaps because then-coach Martin Rennie didn't like how he fit with the team in its preseason matches - and New England claimed him on waivers.

First month of the season, the two teams played; Nguyen had two goals and an assist, was Player of the Week, and had this goal as a finalist for MLS Goal of the Year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=hmOzHV5992E

22. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that very well could be the eventual fate of the league
    but, again, the other MLS team you support doesn't spend like these big clubs and is dangerous as hell

23. CrazyJ628

CrazyJ628 Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    The center of the Earth
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    True. I do see some similarities between Columbus' recent run and RSL's run. Mid market teams are going to have to be really smart in terms of development in the coming years and I think RSL is doing a great job on that front.

That's one reason why I'm a big proponent each team having a whole internal pyramid from youth up to MLS. Big clubs like Atlanta, NYCFC and the LA teams will always poach small market teams like they do in baseball, but having a strong development base can help mitigate those losses.

24. plw4rsl

plw4rsl New Member

Oct 1, 2013
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Battler and Ismitje repped this.
  25. andyslc

andyslc No Longer a New Member

Sep 27, 2009
    Fargo
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If the rumors are true and Rooney is going to DC, I think he will take Yura's place as worst hair plugs in the league history

15 to 32 repped this.