Even more . . . Stuff from other MLS Teams

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by SoccerPrime, Mar 30, 2014.

1. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That road goal is going to be costly for them, IMO. Do I think they can pull it out? Sure. But they essentially cant lose the game in Pachuca. That's a tough ask.

Also, while I really like the team that Pareja has built, there are individuals on that team that I want to punch in the face. Urruti near the top. It's funny to watch how little his teammates celebrate with him when he scores. Pretty telling of the players personality.

2. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bite your tongue!! The first time to win the CCL has to be RSL!

But..................as long as the first MLS team to win the CCL isn't any team from LA, New York, Seattle or Colorado, then I can live with that.

The Franchise, Ismitje and goobx1 repped this.
  3. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know. There was a Twitter video of Urruti going to Mauro Diaz's house to spray him with champagne and celebrate after they won the shield last year. He also wore Diaz's jersey for the photo on the field after they got the shield. It seems like the team gets along well with him.

4. The Franchise

The Franchise Member+

Nov 13, 2014
    Bakersfield, CA
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think we all felt that way about the first potential triple last season, too.

5. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Weren't those just for discounts? While nice, that isn't a free food promotion like the other two. And I could be the weird one, but I like to hoard my old tickets, so giving it away to get a discount doesn't work for me.

6. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    #3331 goobx1, Mar 18, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
    Watching the Atlanta vs Chicago game on Facebook live.

Atlanta is impressive so far this early in the season. Already up 1-0 on Chicago. They're creating chance after chance with dangerous attacking soccer. It does help that Chicago earned a kinda iffy red but even before the red Atlanta was all over Chicago.

I know it's early but Atlanta looks good. Better than RSL at the moment, that's for sure.

Edit: Atlanta plays some very attractive soccer. Interested to see if the long MLS season starts to wear them out and down. Curious to see what they do at altitude at the RioT.

They will probably get really tired from slicing up RSL's back line and running around scoring goals.

7. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    3-0 for ATL with 15 minutes to go, it's amazing how much of a better team they are than RSL...well, it's not surprising, given how bad of a coach Cassar is.

8. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    4-0 ATL. They are going to kill us.

9. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    Atlanta looks damn good.

Their next 4 games are on the road at Seattle, Toronto, Montreal and ending with RSL.

Should be a good test for them. At least the first 3 games. Amirite?

10. elkaholic

elkaholic Member+

May 28, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn they know how to put some in the goal.

BalanceUT repped this.
  11. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Atlanta is young and fast and dead-eyed on goal. They may finish the season with the highest goals per game in league history. It is exciting and attractive soccer. I turned on their game not to be just background noise, but because I wanted to be entertained.

I have DC vs Columbus on right now as background noise.

I'll turn on RSL tonight out of loyalty.

12. PattysCow

PattysCow Member+

Apr 4, 2010
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Money still trumps for the most part in MLS. Dallas is a bit of an anomaly.

13. elkaholic

elkaholic Member+

May 28, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. The Franchise

The Franchise Member+

Nov 13, 2014
    Bakersfield, CA
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We've heard this song a few times now, and it's usually not a happy tune.

16. 2nd Mouse

2nd Mouse Member+

Apr 11, 2012
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Won't happen, but "Footy McFooty Face" would be an interesting name for San Diego's new MLS team.

17. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Real Lago Salado??

18. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    U.S. Soccer
    UNITED STATES, CANADA AND MEXICO TO MAKE HISTORIC ANNOUNCEMENT ON APRIL 10 IN NEW YORK CITY
    Media Event Scheduled for 2 p.m. at One World Observatory at One World Trade Center

ORANJESTAD, Aruba (April 8, 2017) -
    CONCACAF member nations the United States, Canada and Mexico are scheduled to make a historic announcement on April 10 in New York City. The event will take place at 2 p.m. ET at One World Observatory on the 102nd floor of the One World Trade Center.
    Attending the event on Monday will be:
    Sunil Gulati - President, United States Soccer Federation; Member, FIFA Council
    Victor Montagliani - President, CONCACAF; President, Canadian Soccer Association
    Decio de Maria - President, Mexican Football Federation; Vice President, CONCACAF

-- Press Conference Information --
    WHO: U.S. Soccer President Sunil Gulati, Canadian Soccer Association President Victor Montagliani, Mexican Football Federation President Decio de Maria
    WHAT: Press Conference to make historic announcement
    WHEN: Monday, April 10 at 2 p.m. ET
    WHERE: One World Observatory - One World Trade Center - 285 Fulton Street - New York, NY 10007. Please use the West Street entrance.
    HOW: Media who wish to attend must apply for accreditation by clicking here. Media applications MUST be received by 8 p.m. ET on Sunday, April 9.

*Please note this venue has extensive security - everyone must be on guest list prior to the event and everyone will go through a detector and bags will be scanned before entering the elevator. Approved media are encouraged to arrive by 12:30 p.m. ET.
    A live world feed from the event as well as a VNR will provided to broadcast media. Uplink information will be available soon.

-ussoccer.com-

19. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't believe they are actually going to try a triple bid for the WC, that's just SOOOOO much geographical area to cover with travel between games. They'd have to do some kind of group system to split the regions up and keep travel to a minimum through at least the first knock out round.

15 to 32 repped this.
  20. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Given the fact that FIFA wants to expand the World Cup from 32 teams to 48, having multiple countries place bids makes sense. That being said, I don't care too much about expanding the pool from 32 to 48, unfortunately FIFA will do it in a boneheaded manner to ruin the World Cup yet again. And the US could host a 48-team bid by itself without any problems better than most countries. But, CONCACAF wants the bid so it's better to pool your resources into one bid than go it alone with three different bids.

The Franchise repped this.
  21. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I still stand by 48 teams being too much. As far as a triple host goes, it doesn't make sense in North America. I could somewhat understand a US/Canada or US/Mexico bid, but having all three is far too much ground to cover. To me, a triple host would be better served in Europe, where the countries are nowhere near the size of the US, Canada, or Mexico.

The Franchise repped this.
  22. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think 48 teams could work if you still kept the number of groups at 8. That way, you would have 6 teams in each group and each team would play five games instead of the three they play now. You will still have the top two teams advancing to the knock-out round, but with five games, a team could afford a loss and still have a good chance of making the knock-out round. But, FIFA, will probably do something idiotic liking having 12 groups of 4 teams each or having a pre-tournament tournament to whittle the 48 teams down to 32 or something stupid like that. Remember FIFA is just another acronym for stupidity.

23. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The problem with adding another 16 teams, is that none of them will be any good. As it is now, there's already some pretty bad teams that get in, so adding 50% more isn't going to make the tournament any better. For myself, it likely means I won't be watching more than a couple of games during the group stage. I can see many others doing so as well. FIFA is only doing this as a cash grab, and I think it's going to hurt the overall competition.

24. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know but I think if Europe gets say 6 more teams those will be some very good teams, the same can be said of perhaps 3 more teams from South America.

pcny repped this.
  25. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    most proposals have those two confederations getting the smallest increase. Africa should get more, and Asia could probably use a few more, but 48 is just such a huge amount.

It's a cash grab poorly veiled in "more inclusion".

RSLer and The Franchise repped this.