Even MLS considers PHP to be Robertson North

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by nobius, Nov 17, 2006.

1. nobius

nobius BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you picked up an MLS program at the Cup, turn to page 80 for a flare picture. The caption is "Dynamo fans packed Robertson Stadium in the team's first year in Houston", yet the picture is clearly of the flare being lit in Dallas when we lost 1-0 to them earlier this year. Thankfully the guy holding the flare is blocked from view, and thankfully I'm not in that picture, since I barely remember anything from that trip thanks to FuBoy's punch.

They don't want flares but sure show pictures of them all the time.

2. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hehehe....someone should copy that page and post it on the Dallas board, see what they say :D

Btw, TA/EB = f'in best supporters group in USA!

3. nobius

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I went ahead and scanned it for y'all:

[​IMG]

4. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep. That's PHP. I'm not sure what's more funny....the fact that MLS has a picture of Houston fans with a flare in their Cup program even though they discourage it or the fact that MLS confused PHP with Robertson.

Good stuff.

5. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Heck...I'm an FCD fan I think that's funny as hell. Although pretty typical of MLS promotional material to make those kinds of errors.

6. nobius

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ain't that the truth.

7. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also check out page 30. There's a picture of a Dynamo player, not sure who it is, in the air against Klein at RSL... the caption talks about Dynamo having the 3rd highest attendance in the league. Strange caption considering everybody's bundled up and dressed in dark blue... not exactly a Houston crowd. Why isn't there a picture of the Sea of Orange at Robertson with that caption? Stupid MLS.

On another note, the photo on p. 62 (it's been used in other places for the Dynamo too) with Ching and DeRo celebrating in the net, wouldn't that make a terrific poster with Houston Dynamo underneath??? Somebody make some phone calls, please.

:D