European Super League discussion

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by iggymcfly, Jul 18, 2015.

1. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I'm not understanding how the Aubameyang offer changes anything(?). The whole purpose of the superleague is for the super clubs in UEFA to get even richer. With more money the UEFA clubs could maybe compete with some of these insane offers coming from China.

2. No, they cannot. The money offered is unattainable for the Euro Superleague.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/04/w...on&region=bottom-well&WT.nav=bottom-well&_r=0

"These giddying sums are shaking the landscape of pro soccer. Antonio Conte, the manager of England’s fabled Chelsea team, denounced the Chinese spending spree last month as a “danger for all teams in the world.”

3. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    They don't have to equal what China is offering they just have to offer a bit more than what they can afford now and then almost every player will choose to stay in Europe. It's not a level playing field. Players don't really wanna go to China unless the money differential continues to be massive.

4. Tianjin Quanjian offered 40 million euros to Sporting for Bas Dost.
    The contract of Dost has a opt out clause of 60 million, so for now Sporting is safe.....

5. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Member+

Colorado Rapids
    Sep 2, 2005
    Colorado, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I don't think a superleague would be good, but it'd be great if the Champions League could be on weekends. At this time of year, the domestic leagues get stale, but this round of the Champs League is great. I just wish more people would see it.

soccerr9 repped this.
  6. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Yes! Round of 16 and QF matches could be played back to back as well if they were on the weekend rather than having to play them simultaneously during the week. All it would take is to swap fixtures around. I'm guessing league broadcasters would be unwilling to give up a weekend spot.

AlbertCamus repped this.
  7. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I don't want to have to give up a weekend of domestic league for the Champions League thank you very much, the domestic leagues are getting to their most intriguing points too.

unclesox repped this.