European options for Kelyn Rowe

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by prowazekii, Apr 13, 2011.

1. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    On the contrary, that's a day I would welcome. In fact, if I were a YA moderator, I might think about selling the thread-naming rights to that one! :)

But speaking of dread, I sense a post coming from someone objecting to all this nonsense and asking us to clear the airwaves, so we can all wait silently for a Rowe-in-Europe update.

2. Hararea

Hararea Member+

Jan 21, 2005
    Or they could decide it by Rowe-shambo
    [​IMG]

TimB4Last repped this.
  3. Rainer24

Rainer24 Member

Jan 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I got that much in other posts, but not in the one in question for some reason.

4. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    A dream deferred ...

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2011/06/09/academy-notes-playoff-race-down-wire

5. SoccerKowboy

SoccerKowboy BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 13, 2007
    Virginia, USA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    He can't actually sign with the Sounders right?

If he were to enter MLS right now as a US youth international, he'd enter the league via a weighted lottery like Soony Saad, Corey Veeder, Luis Gil, etc.

And he's not eligible to be a homegrown signing with the Sounders.

So it would seemingly just be a training session.

8. Howard the Drake

Feb 27, 2010
    I'm pretty sure he has trained with them before since he's from the area.

9. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    He played for Crossfire Premier, didn't he? As far as I know they haven't been an affiliate of the Sounders, and certainly not while Rowe was there. [Someone will correct me I'm sure] George John played for that same club. It's a good one.

He did train with them in April I think:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/soundersfcblog/2014766799_catching_up_with_local_product.html

...........and that was just a training session. This probably is too, because I can't fathom how they'd sign him.

10. Kagler24

Kagler24 Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Los Angeles
    I guess he could go the Luis Gil route and go through the weighted lottery and demand he go to one of two or three teams. Don't know if MLS values him as much as they did Gil though.

Edit: Gil and his agent had a lot of bargaining power though, with all the Euro interest he had. Guys like Saad and Rowe have less power because they have gone to Europe and come back empty handed.

11. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    If Rowe wants to play with the Sounders, his best shot is to sign now and try a Gil move.

If he signs this winter, he should get used to speaking Canadian as the top three picks in the draft will very likely be Canadian and Rowe is definitely a top three pick.

12. youth=glory

youth=glory Member

Sep 2, 2010
    I coulda swore someone (Bshredder?) said he was offered a GA deal this year and turned it down.

13. chalaron

chalaron Member+

Aug 15, 2006
    Baton Rouge, Louisia
    eh?

14. leppercut

leppercut Member+

Oct 10, 2006
    SLC and Anchorage
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you know, aboot, oot, etc. And Montreal is joining next year so he should learn some french just in case.

15. LiverAndPineapple

May 7, 2008
    Dare's a fine sport, sahhker. Sahhker is plenty well and fun you know, but we Canadians still like our 'awkey too. I think dare's room for both, eh?

16. autobus39

autobus39 Member+

Jun 28, 2006
    Scranton, PA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From Ives:

17. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kelyn Rowe exploring European options?

Mods please change the thread title!

18. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Israel came calling...

https://www.prosoccerusa.com/mls/new-england-revolution/kelyn-rowe-israel-transfer/

An Israeli Premier League team expressed interest in the Revs midfielder late last week through an intermediary after monitoring his play in both Major League Soccer and with the United States national team.

However, no offer was made for Rowe because of a failure to agree on terms, a source told Pro Soccer USA.

20. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Am I the only one confused about whether this means the team couldn't agree on terms with Rowe, or with the league/Revs? Presumably some kind of offer must have been made or there wouldn't have been discussions along these lines either way.

21. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's Mike Burns. What likely happened is that Burns said that he won't sell Rowe for a penny less than $15m and the Israeli club went on its way.

22. keller4president

Jan 5, 2006
    Rowe's contract is up at the end of the year. Any chance he gives Europe a try? Would love to see him in the Netherlands, or maybe Belgium/Denmark.

Winoman and adam tash repped this.
  23. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hopefully there will be a big group of us-eligible mlsers giving europe a try this offseason - agudelo, acosta, adams, zimmerman, etc...

not to mention players like davies, almiron etc

Winoman repped this.