European Elections

Discussion in 'Elections' started by ceezmad, May 20, 2019.

1. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @charlie15 , be careful when continuing to talking to this person. He doesn't mean "demographic replacement" the way a demographer would.

charlie15 repped this.
  2. LastBoyscout

LastBoyscout Member+

Mar 6, 2013
    When Germany opened the border for asylum seekers they where largely allread INSIDE of the EU. Again: Easing pressure from border countries. You obviously don't know shit about this.

charlie15 repped this.
  3. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I get exactly what he meant! :thumbsup:

4. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, but I have made it a policy to only put that kind of person on ignore, given the acceptable level of violence those persons are comfortable with.

5. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    I genuinely can't tell if you're trying to deliberately misrepresent the truth or else have just been horribly mislead. I assure you, the Hungarians and Bulgarians in particular did not thank Germany for their declaration, or the endless stream of economic migrants that it produced years after the fact. They wanted those routes closed, not streamlined. Merkel's refugee gambit was about easing Germany's demographic decline and little else. This is the woman, lest we forget, that declared that multiculturalism had "utterly failed" not long before. If you think this is about altruism toward border states or even migrants themselves then I've got a bridge to sell you. This is about economics first and foremost.

Bizarre statement.

6. LastBoyscout

LastBoyscout Member+

Mar 6, 2013
    What was stopping Bulgaria and Hungary from "closing the route"? The evil EU I presume?

Hungary couldn't handle the masses. In fact Hungary simply ferrying people towards Austria is what prompted Merkel to open the border in September 2015. The border countries couldn't handle it and in Hungarys case actively moved people towards other EU countries.

Btw. Germany already expected ~800.000 asylum seekers to arrive in the country that year and that was BEFORE Merkel opened the border in September. That wave was already on the way and was basically one big mass off people. Seriously the statistics looks like a perfect bell curve. But sure it's Germanys fault. :ROFLMAO:

charlie15 repped this.
  7. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ok, so this guy was called an alt right Prime minister, some satirical magazine had a picture of him insinuating that killing him would be like stopping Hitler as a baby.

But now, he is in government in a coalition with........the Green party.

First Italy and now Austria, dang weird far left and far right coalitions.

https://www.economist.com/europe/20...ent-is-a-first-a-conservative-green-coalition

https://www.dw.com/en/sebastian-kurz-to-hitler-comparison-sparks-uproar-in-austria/a-40976184

8. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Are you sure you're not confusing ÖVP with FPÖ? The latter are the supposed far-right party, and even that is a dubious claim. ÖVP are a mainstream Christian Democrat party, they're the most popular in Austria since the war.

song219 repped this.