Euro 2020 - Tickets Thread

Discussion in 'Euro 2020 (2021)' started by noar1985, Mar 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChristianRevolution

Oct 27, 2017
    Although I wouldn't trust the diagramme , it is still quite logical for now what we can see on this diagramme :)

BocaFan repped this.
  2. Steve Page

Steve Page Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ridiculous lack of clarity there. Of very doubtful use and it hasn't changed since I applied a week ago. They will change it closer to the deadline. All designed to push people to apply at the higher categories and to go to Baku!

BocaFan and ChristianRevolution repped this.
  3. ChristianRevolution

Oct 27, 2017
    And I am the idiot who did that ! :) applied to higher categories and baku at the same time.

I think it has to do with probabilities. The rarer/worst thing you ask for , the more chance you have to get a successful application (that s what i believe)

Steve Page repped this.
  4. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    In an ideal world yes of course. But U€FA may think differently.

5. Steve Page

Steve Page Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yes, you definitely have a better chance with the higher categories. Baku is more or less a certainty. Make sure you book travel and accommodation early though!

6. Collinscalz

Collinscalz New Member

Chelsea
    Spain
    Jun 28, 2019
    Hello, are the tickets for the Chelsea vs Liverpool Super Cup out in Istanbul. Also how is the internet Connectivity in Istanbul cause is it necessary to carry or buy a pocket WiFi from rentnconnect or Skyroam during my time in Istanbul for the finals

7. samatwing

samatwing Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Dec 2, 2013
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Demand updating a little. Copenhagen is red throughout cat 2 now. Possibly bc it’s so small? It’s the venue I’m going for. Glascow my backup.

BocaFan repped this.
  8. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    What happened to the other 2 colours Amber and Green I don’t see them used anywhere.

9. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    hearts123 repped this.
  10. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
  11. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    Except in Baku, where the demand hasn't even reached green.

12. Steve Page

Steve Page Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    All the top price tickets at every venue green (except sub-green Baku). No, don't buy that. Expect a lot more red on there in 10 days time.

If it is a true gauge of relative demand between venues then Bucharest and Budapest are the ones to go for. However, they have Glasgow as even lower demand and I see that as unlikely. I reckon it is over-subscribed almost across the board.

themanlarry repped this.
  13. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    What do Bucharest, Budapest, Baku and Glasgow have in common? The country’s NT probably won’t qualify.

Remember this is the first time during a phase one of ticket sales that we have a pretty good idea who will be playing in the games. I think that also makes a big difference.

14. Steve Page

Steve Page Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hungary have a good chance. Romania a fighting chance. Scotland probably won't make it but I think they qualified for the back up method through the Nations League so it is still possible. Azerbaijan are a definite no.

Yes, the lack of guaranteed qualification is a factor but Denmark and Ireland aren't guaranteed either. Very likely one will miss out to Switzerland.

15. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yeah, there are multiple factors that contribute to the ticket demand. Just saying it wouldn’t be so shocking to me if Glasgow’s demand is lower than Copenhagen, given Scotland have very little chance of qualifying.

16. Steve Page

Steve Page Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I see your point of view. The thing is Glasgow has two very big clubs and a history of very large attendances. Famously 127,000 at Hampden Park for the European Cup final in 1960. 149,000 for Scotland v England. Scottish football has the highest attendances per capita of any European country. It has never hosted any matches in a major international tournament. So I would expect Scots to be very keen on attending. One of the matches will be somebody v England so in at least one match they'll have somebody to support.

I guess it is priced for people watching their national team though rather than for neutrals.

17. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    Trust me Scottish people will embrace the Euros whether we make it or not. Our chances are actually quite good via the backdoor. :)

18. Steve Page

Steve Page Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That is what I thought. Can't knock Scots for supporting football or enjoying a party. The majority of Scotland's population must live within a couple of hours of Hampden too.

hearts123 repped this.
  19. samatwing

samatwing Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Dec 2, 2013
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It’s bc Copenhagen only sits 39k. Like half as many tickets.

20. am0985

am0985 Member

Oct 29, 2013
    #120 am0985, Jul 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
    I find all these greens over Cat 1 very unreliable and unlikely.

There is shit loads of money in London. There are people from literally hundreds of football loving nations who live there. There are tens of millions of people who would happily hop on a 2-3 hour Easyjet flight from most corners of Europe to see a Euros match there if there's not one close by. Not saying they would all be applying, but it's a large pool of possible applicants.

The idea that even group games at Wembley are apparently undersubscribed for cat 1 right now (even taking into account the fact there is a week left still) is unfathomable. The idea there are still some final tickets which are currently not being sold is also unfathomable.

Same logic could be applied to a fair few other host cities too - except maybe the bit about there being so many people from different nations.

UEFA want to get as many applications as possible in - particularly for the higher categories. This is because of the purchasing method being different this time - money doesn't automatically come off the card. If it did then they'd only need as many applications as there were seats available, plus a few more for card related mishaps.

Instead they're reliant on people paying up if they're told their application is successful - but plenty might not especially if their friends have managed to get tickets already. So if UEFA want to make sure the allocations are shifted and the money is sitting in the bank, they need as many applications as possible. Pushing people to the higher categories is one way of doing this.

21. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    /\ I agree with most of what you say and all games in London will probably be well over subscribed.
    You should realise tho that not everyone who is interested and who might end up going or looking for tickets knows that the tickets are on sale.

Steve Page repped this.
  22. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    I'm not sure about that (but you may be right). I think that group games where the host is highly likely to qualify will be hard to get, and any other groups where the host eventually qualifies will easily sell out to locals. But apart from that... how many travelling supporters will there be?

In France last time there were 23 sets of foreign fans, and while a lot of them mostly went to see their own team, many would have gone to other games that happened to be conveniently nearby. Obviously a load of them will follow their team this time, despite the logistical nightmare, but I doubt many of them will fit in any other matches along the way.

The locals will take up a lot of the slack, but how keen will they be to buy Cat 1 tickets to see two random teams? Some of those 2nd round games in particular will turn out to be fairly unnatractive pairings to most people.

The quarter-finals seem a better bet, except the one in Baku obviously.

And I suppose one or both of the semis, and the final, will see a lot of resales available if England aren't involved.

23. Steve Page

Steve Page Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm not telling anyone that they're on sale either! Except for those I'd go to matches with. I don't think there has been much publicity about it. Suits me fine for the moment.

That doesn't mean the demand indicators aren't nonsense though!

24. Steve Page

Steve Page Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    There will be a lot of resales for the semis and final whoever gets there. I bet lots of people across Europe are applying in the hope that their team makes it but with the expectation of easy re-sale if they don't. Obviously more up for sale if (when!) England get knocked out by a controversial VAR decision. Although if I had some I would probably go whoever was in the final.

25. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Maybe. Although we don't really know what green means, right? Could just be a relative thing i.e. doesn't mean its easy to get a ticket, its just not super over-sold light the red cat 3 seats.