Euro 2020 - Tickets Thread

Discussion in 'Euro 2020 (2021)' started by noar1985, Mar 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    That guy a few posts above in fairness did answer his own question (or solve his own problem/mistake) in his next post although I agree it is very straightforward.

The same goes for the drawing the playoff teams ahead of time (in November, playoffs in March). People getting up in arms over possible complications when in reality it is drawn to the letter with the rules in place and then 'crossing that bridge when they come to it' in regards to hosts being in certain playoffs which will be simple as there are only six groups and some groups will be ruled out already, ruled out as a result, or drawn before, with 'further draws if necessary' as a last result if there are really two hosts in one playoff league and it isn't yet obvious where to go (or where it cannot go) as popularside describes.

My prediction is two or three hosts in playoffs (Scotland (C), plus likely one of Denmark (B) or Ireland (B/A), maybe Netherlands (A)) and minimal/zero problems. It is extremely unlikely for more hosts in playoffs than this - If Scotland aren't in the playoffs it means that more than likely Russia (B/A) are but never both, Hungary should either qualify directly or miss out on a playoff by one or two places, Romania should miss out on playoff being a further place below Hungary in the NL ranking, Azerbaijan will miss out. One caveat is this assumes that Italy, England, Spain, Germany qualify directly (currently all 100% wins but not certain yet). Not impossible because anything can happen in football, but extremely unlikely - but do quote this post when it happens and I'll wipe the egg off my face.

2. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I believe Romania will sneak a playoff place.

Twenty teams qualify directly from ten groups.

There are 12 spots for the League A-C playoffs. Romania are currently 32nd in the rankings. So if nobody below them qualifies directly then they are guaranteed a playoff. Kosovo are probably the most realistic qualifiers from below them.

Scotland will almost certainly be in the League C playoff. Rep of Ireland/Denmark will most likely be in B and Romania bumped up to the A playoff. If Hungary miss out on direct qualification then you have 4 hosts in 3 playoffs.

Indeed there are other scenarios such as Northern Ireland knocking out the Dutch leaving possibly 5 hosts in 3 playoffs.

themanlarry repped this.
  3. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Still think it a bit odd that in the qualifying stage you can lose all 10 games, not even score a goal but if you happen to been able to qualify via the play offs then that is perfectly okay. I think there is also a possibility of up to six of the 'host' countries not qualifying which would make demand for tickets interesting.

I quite like the idea of the 12 nation hosts but the rest is far too convoluted and serves bugger all purpose by being so.

4. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    There's nothing to it. When resale opens, you log on to your Uefa account and flag the tickets you don't need. Some other punters buy them (probably straight away). Eventually you get a refund.

5. RegularGuy

RegularGuy Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, this is right. I think that people are also though trying to figure out what it means for schedule and pots for the draw.

6. RegularGuy

RegularGuy Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I actually would do away with auto qualification for hosts at all in these major tournaments. The concept that Russia should not only get home field advantage but also privileged seeding in the WC just doesn’t make sense.

This tournament took the concept and made it even worse by making up for no auto qualifiers by making as many as a couple dozen home games. I guess that’s exciting for the home fans and sells tickets and reduces expenses but I think it could have been just as good a tournament with a truly wide open draw instead of making it a series of regional home hosted opening rounds.

I guess though my perspective is that of a U.S. based fan who doesn’t live near a host city or support a potential host.

7. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    15,000 people with the same idea, that’s the problem. And how many trains depart for San Sebastian after midnight?

8. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    Bus is the better alternative than train between the two I think (well it is much faster, not sure about air con in summer). I wonder what kind of extra transport options they'll put on as I think there aren't as many after a certain time (one at 1am, none after till 5am or so). I've read they did put on extra services between Bilbao and San Sebastián (+ Santander) for the 2018 European Rugby Champions Cup Final in Bilbao so I think there will be options again.

BocaFan repped this.
  9. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I’m surprised hotel prices in San Sebastián are right where they normally are. I’d expect some inflation but glad to see there isn’t.

10. karmin

karmin Member

Jun 7, 2016
    Hey all important question before payment deadline does a family member have to pay with their card if they are allocated tickets?

I was thinking of paying with their tickets on my card and then also my tickets I got on my name on the same card . Would this be an issue????

11. wombacik

wombacik Member

Apr 20, 2007
    No, it never is. Same goes for the address of delivery and the address of the card holder.

12. HIIBEE

HIIBEE Member

Rangers
    Scotland
    Apr 16, 2018
    With regret I'm letting 4 CAT 3 QF Munich go today ;-(

themanlarry and noar1985 repped this.
  13. noar1985

noar1985 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    OGC Nice
    Sellt them to me how can you do that !!!!

Ric_Braz repped this.
  14. HIIBEE

HIIBEE Member

Rangers
    Scotland
    Apr 16, 2018
    My worry would be that after the draw the tickets don't look as attractive and I get stuck with them. promises don't pay my rent.

15. Delija29

Delija29 Member

May 1, 2018
    Germany

I would take them, i live in Munich :(

Ric_Braz repped this.
  16. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    I'll take one off you if he agrees.

17. HIIBEE

HIIBEE Member

Rangers
    Scotland
    Apr 16, 2018
    Yes but say you managed to get them in another phase, what then?

18. belfasteric

belfasteric Member+

Northern Ireland
    Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Glentoran FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    Payment closed today at 2pm central European summer time... Unsuccessful applicants will be contacted no later than the end of aug.. Just says keep an eye on your email should be fun

Attached Files:

19. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    It's one of the highest demand venues and a QF, so it's very unlikely to be between 2 minnows. I'd be amazed if you had any trouble selling them through the official UEFA site in the Spring. I'll be after a ticket whoever's playing.

20. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    No doubt HIIBEE was talking about the other successful matches in the same application being a risk rather than CAT3 to the Munich quarterfinal - hence the sadness to part with them.

HIIBEE repped this.
  21. wombacik

wombacik Member

Apr 20, 2007
    I had to let go those two successful applications:

G07 4x cat.1
    G20 4x cat.1
    G32 4x cat.1
    G37 4x cat.1
    G49 4x cat.1
    ----------------
    G07 4x cat.1
    G20 4x cat.1
    G32 4x cat.1
    G49 4x cat.1
    G50 4x cat.1

I didn’t find anybody to split them with. I’ve spent almost 7K EUR on my third application,

22. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    New to this forum, but I was kind of hoping that there would be some kind of trading going on before just sending tickets back to UEFA. Totally understand the fear of getting dumped with thousands of euros worth of unwanted tickets though.

23. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I'm sure there will be plenty of trading on here. It is probably a bit early as we don't know who has qualified and the draw.

I'd only do deals now with people I know well and trust. I see some Republic of Ireland fans selling Dublin tickets on social media and forgive my cynicism but I suspect some of them plan on reneging if we qualify.

welshbairn repped this.
  24. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    Friend got an email saying his payment date extended to 21st.
    So nothing will happen till after then I would think.

25. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Why would they add another three days on? Surely 12 days was enough for anyone to tap out their credit card number. Or maybe they have been so damn greedy they are trying to sell the house to raise enough funds.