Euro 2020 Qualifying Official Thread

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Mean Machine, Dec 1, 2018.

1. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  2. UdineseFan98

UdineseFan98 Member

Mar 12, 2017
    St. Catherines, ON
    Club:
    Udinese Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Balo is showing that he is not done. 7 in 9. We need that goalscoring prowess and record in La Nazionale

totti fan, TorontoCalabria and Rosay repped this.
  3. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  4. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You did not include the Italian "Thierry Henry" Dario Hubner!

This list is a farce

5. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Belotti is 5'9...

Pietro Calcio repped this.
  6. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I think hes almost 6ft

7. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Height: 1.81 m

1.81 Meters = 5.9383 Feet

8. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Hubner doesn't have any match for Italy. He should play some matches. Just like Maurizio Ganz, who played only for Padania national team.

9. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Who was better, Pasquale Luiso or Arturo di napoli

gumbacicc repped this.
  10. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    Guys the Ligue 1 is seriously a rubbish league. Balotelli scoring 7 in 9 in Ligue 1 is nothing to rave about. The defense is also specifically terrible in the Ligue 1. Tell me another French team that is world class, other than PSG. And PSG is getting out in the UCL, to an average EPL team like Man Utd? Man Utd is not even top 5 in EPL.

Honestly other than PSG, I'd say even the Dutch, Russian, and Portuguese Leagues are even better than the Ligue 1 (at least defensively).

11. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Not really sure what to make of that list. You start off calling it attacking wingers and then have Baggio and Vierchowod in the same list? :confused:

12. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Oh yeah? On what grounds?

13. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    Why are Ajax and Porto still in the UCL, and PSG is not? Don't say PSG had a tougher draw because they did not. Regardless of the form Real Madrid has been in recently, Man Utd has been in even worse form.

Benfica is still in the Europa League. No French team is. Last round included 2 Russian teams, and 1 French team.

14. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    So an entire league's worth is based off their CL quarter final representation?

You realize these things change yearly yeah?

15. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Allora, ho bisogno observare migliore.:) Sincerely, I have never met these players, in any broadcast. Both of them have ties with Napoli. One through birth, other through his surname. But I would pick di Napoli, after all he is the legend of Messina. Luiso switched many clubs, remained shortly in each of them. It seems that they are both weak.:D You are trying to create never ending topic about this.:cool: For some reason, this amuses your spirit.:)

totti fan repped this.
  16. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    I forgot to mention Vierchowod as defensive player. At first, we talked about defensive central players, without creative defensive players and without LM, RM players. It seems confusing, because we should place all three lines divided.:)

17. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    They are still there, because they are oriented to development. But Porto also likes to buy expensive Brazilians, talented players of Angola, Capo Verde, Mozambique (ex-colonies). PSG is now focused on stars. PSG had different approach before, they would have Rothen, Hugo Leal, Lucas Moura, Pauleta, Rai, Leonardo, Okocha, Lama. Team players with 2-3 leaders. Now they all want to be leaders. Conflict between Neymar and Cavani about free kick making.

Manchester United doesn't create the team also, bought stars. Before, they had ideal central line, with all four mobile players who could score: Giggs - Keane - Scholes and Beckham. Defensive wingers from behind: Irvin, Neville. That's why I think that Italy needs to have De Sciglio and Abate from behind and Calabria as some RM version.

18. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    So is Verratti overrated because he plays at PSG?

19. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    Just so you know, Man U has been on a great run since they hired their new coach. They are not in bad form anymore.

20. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    Yes, but we are talking about this year only. We are talking about whether Balotelli is worth NT quality, and I am speaking specifically for this year from what he has done. Many of the mid-table teams can change drastically, but I am meaning this season right now.

21. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    No I wouldn't say so. PSG are a strong team, but remember a team is not one player. The only world class players I would say PSG have and perform consistently are Verratti, Mbappe, and Neymar. Their defense really is overrated and is known for making stupid fouls. Cavani is a little overrated as well and only performs if the surrounding players around him feed him well.

22. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    True, but in the EPL I would still say that: Man City, Liverpool, Tottenham, Chelsea, and Arsenal are all better.

23. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    So Balotelli is not worthy of the Italian national team because PSG (a team he doesn’t play for) crashed out of the CL in the 16’s this year.

Giant stretch

calabrese8 repped this.
  24. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    Does Montolivo have world class hair?

Midfield General and Calcio Pauly repped this.
  25. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    If Verratti can't play for the NT because his club went out in the CL, how do you justify the inclusion of the vat majority of the players on this team whose teams have been shit in Europe for years?

TorontoCalabria repped this.