News: EURO 2017 - Vivianne M. Adoration and Qualifiers Thread

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by White/Blue_since1860, Dec 5, 2014.

?

Who will win?

1. Germany

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  2. Germany B

4 vote(s)
    15.4%
  3. not Germany

19 vote(s)
    73.1%
  1. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #476 Slowpokeking, Jul 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    She looks great with makeups on.

QQ Photo20170627124101.jpg QQ Photo20170627124117.jpg AzD-TPBCcAEfhki.jpg

hotjam2 and blissett repped this.
  2. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
    POWER RATINGS: (after the first round of group play)

1.) England
    2.) Netherlands (Norway is not as bad as people say. Dutch look good so far at home)
    3.) Spain (impressive, but they played against a weaker team)
    4.) France
    5.) Germany
    6.) Sweden
    7.) Denmark
    8.) Austria (they might be the biggest surprise on this list so far)
    9.) Italy (they lost to Russia, but they looked much better than Russia for much of the match)
    10.) Russia (this team is dangerous because they have luck, and finishers who can score)
    11.) Iceland (gutsy performance, but that's all they have to rely on to stay competitive)
    12.) Norway (not a good performance in their first match, they can still ascend up this list)
    13.) Switzerland (a bad result for them, losing to a team they were the clear favorite against)
    14.) Belgium
    15.) Portugal
    16.) Scotland

You get the feeling that Ireland and Finland would have been more competitive than the bottom two teams on this list.

3. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Very enjoyable competition so far, only one match disputed by each teams but Russia, Portugal and Scotland, we have an excellent level of teams. For the second games I'm expecting those who underperfrom to wake up so it should be Norway's day with Ada Hegerberg and Hansen creating riot on Belgium defense. Talking about forward a il bit disappointing at the moment, Taylor aside, but the competition just started...even though it will be already finish for one between Belgium and Norway later today...hope they score more goals.

4. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Slowpokeking and blissett repped this.
  5. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    Other than group D's games, it's been a quality tournament. I've quite enjoyed it.

debzy, Brilliant Dutch and blissett repped this.
  6. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah, it's nice to know it.

7. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
  8. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    Interesting official document shows how much each federation in UEFA spends annually on women's football. Here the participating countries of Euro 2017:

Austria: € 2,121,670
    Belgium: € 1,416,857
    Denmark: € 3,034,491
    England: € 15,880,128
    France: € 9,824,246
    Germany: € 9,013,070
    Iceland: not listed
    Italy: € 3,500,000
    Netherlands: € 4,469,581
    Norway: € 7,221,272
    Portugal: € 2,703,921
    Russia: € 2,298,333
    Scotland: € 1,573,682
    Spain: € 3,397,142
    Sweden: € 5,103,200
    Switzerland: € 2,253,268

9. applepie71

applepie71 Red Card

Oct 17, 2016
    England wtf

blissett repped this.
  10. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Doesn't surprise me that Italy is way below countries with similar population and Scandinavian countries with less population. We roughly invest in women's football the equivent of countries having 1/5 to 1/7 than our population and a fraction of our incomes calculated with GDP (and, often, a less solid tradition in men's football).

gricio61 repped this.
  11. applepie71

applepie71 Red Card

Oct 17, 2016
  12. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    i hope that the women league in England doesn't turn out to become the female version of premier league

13. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    it means women players will be making more money what's wrong with that? Germany is stiffing their players especially with the high TV ratings they get(well in the US, higher ratings usually means higher TV advertisement money)

14. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    that's good for sure, i'm not sure if it will benefit England in the future if the league's been dominating by other nationalities. Yes there are good English players in premier league today but they aren't dominating the big clubs

15. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    like in Rio last year, Germany gets the best possible way to reach another final.. I believe Denmark and Austria (i think the Austrians are going through to the semifinals) have a chance to beat Germany these days since Steffi doesn't seem to know her best team at all, but I believe the Germans are more confident to meet Denmark and Austria than France (although Denmark and Austria have been better than France imo)

on the other half there's Sweden who's gonna knock out England/France (whoevee wins that quarterfinal) and face Germany in the final. We all know how that's gonna end...

I feel bad for France and England. Now one of them is going out the first KO round. You all know why France don't wanna lose so early again, and England like want to win a senior title again lol

16. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    ^^
    don't think we (spain) can beat Austria?

blissett repped this.
  17. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    the Austrians play at a very rapid game, but that don't mean their players are particularly fast & they do have a tendency to run out of gas. Compared to England, Austria's got a stronger mid, but don't think their fwds. are on par with Taylor & Kirby. On defense it's tricky. they don't got anything like Lucy bronze, but their youth full GK & CB have performed quite admirably.
    it's a lot of give n takes, but it was odd; after watching the Austrians play their rapid type version take a good lead, I switched to watch FR/SW, but changed right back as it was way too slow moving in comparison to the run n gun Austrians

18. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    I mean I get it that we didn't have a very good game vs England but did we turn to shit all of a sudden? Maybe we are and will lose to Scotland, I guess we'll find out.

19. applepie71

applepie71 Red Card

Oct 17, 2016
    #494 applepie71, Jul 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
    [​IMG]

edit: better chart

gricio61 repped this.
  20. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    I guess we really are shit

blissett repped this.
  21. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    Despite my distaste for how we are playing, we move on. Let's make the most of it. But I don't have much hope since we have no goalscorers and our defense and GK aren't good enough to play a defensive game. Anyway, my predictions for the qtrfinals are Netherlands, France, Germany, and Austria

gricio61 and blissett repped this.
  22. applepie71

applepie71 Red Card

Oct 17, 2016
    my ratings after the group stage:

9th Italy -B-
    10th Switzerland -C-
    11th Belgium -A-
    12th Russia -B-
    13th Iceland -C-
    14th Norway -A-
    15th Portugal -D-
    16th (worst) Scotland -D-

blissett repped this.
  23. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    As predicted this one is the hardest, greatest Euro so far. Teams and players have made considerable progress in all four factor of high level football...techncail, tactical, physical, mental...there is not such a little team anymore, even Scotland, Russia or Portugal who are visibly less talented than the rest have showed some progression which could predict a better future for their female football movement.
    But one thing is mising so far...the strikers!!....Jodie taylor aside those whom main duty is to score goals have been very disappointing so far, Ada Hegerberg just like Norway, a catastrophic Euro, Vivianne Miedema despite having two wingers on fire didn't score a single goal yet, Lotta Schelin scored just one, Stina Blackstenius showed her massive potential but still has to improve a lot on basic technique, Eugenie Le Sommer very disappointing, Mandy Islacker unlucky, Jenni Hermoso absolute absent.
    Spectacle/ entertainment = goals....so they better wake up..

gricio61 repped this.
  24. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Germany and France are out, people are talking about women's football being tighter and tighter which i agree it is, but injuries/retirements + bad coaching definitely affected both Germany and France

i'm pretty sure that they are gonna be two of the favourites to win the World Cup in France 2 years from now

blissett repped this.
  25. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    I don't think this tournament has shown an improved absolute top level in the European game. The unfancied teams have instead improved from mediocre to decent. Goalkeeping errors apart, most teams have improved their defensive game more than their attacking game. There has been too much sloppy passing, even from teams who usually are good with the ball at their feet. Few of the postergirl attacking stars have impressed. It's been a Euro with traditional powers in decline and tier two teams on the rise. It will be interesting to see if things "return to normal" when the WC qualifiers begin again.

gricio61, Thomsen and blissett repped this.