News: EURO 2017 - Vivianne M. Adoration and Qualifiers Thread

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by White/Blue_since1860, Dec 5, 2014.

?

Who will win?

1. Germany

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  2. Germany B

4 vote(s)
    15.4%
  3. not Germany

19 vote(s)
    73.1%
  1. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG] ...:ROFLMAO:

Spain having some kind of weird political nonsense, suddenly come into frame and obstruct the construction of their women's national football team... no wayyyyy. Spain's never seen any previous issues with strange political decisions effecting their football... {if you can't tell, this post comes with a heavy dose of sarcasm}

2. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Jones uses a modified 4-3-3 where the teams central striker (typically so far one of Marozsan - Magull - Däbritz - Popp) plays like a false #9; and now we see her making the odd pre tournament selection of an unfit Goeßling, I'm thinking it means Jones still wants to address the teams lack of a DM, not wanting to waste Marozsan in deeper roles anymore.

So I can't see this Germany playing a 4-2-3-1 using anything resembling traditional wingers now. Just look at positions of the mid-fielders during the past games... it's a 3 in the middle, that becomes 4 whenever the central striker/false #9 drops deep.
    The one style of play Jones really need to test, is the one where Henning plays a tactical masterclass and stays at home, while Peter just watches every game from the bench...:rolleyes:

I don't know what Jones thinks she's going to learn anymore wasting time watching these two being over run by boys, when we all know they already struggle enough facing other women.

3. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    not sure if I saw Maro as anything but an DM, especially at the She Believes Cup. But it was hard to tell in some of the other games as both Canada & Norway parked the bus in their friendlies & we might have to go all the way to the Dutch game last year to of gotten a strong AM performance out of Maro. Due to Magull's extraordinaire performance in the BUND's 2nd half season, I like to see her as well up at the central attack(instead of the far left, where Jones been putting her).
    Jones will have to play an two fold; lesser teams will park the bus, while stronger ones will face her head on. I just hope Jones don't play the ball from the back, I've just seen to many teams as of late, ripped apart but the sharpened knives ~~of the high press!
    unfortunately that's still a huge downfall for a player for Vero, who just two years ago, was captain of the team. What do you think of this French news item that says Real Madrid wants to spend as much as 17 million euros(that;s double of Lyon's budget) to start a woso team?(though it is dated from 6 months ago, so it's obvviously not going to happen this coming season)

http://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/football/...re-le-paquet-sur-le-foot-feminin-1075367.html

4. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah in Goeßling's absence, and her insistence to start Peter - Henning at CB, Jones has mainly chosen to use Marozsan as a deep lying DM, possibly to try and dictate/orchestrate some form of intelligent possession, and still initiate attacks from the back.

Of course this was always a pretty stupid waste of talent for anybody who knows Marozsan's style of play... but this is probably why we also saw Jones later try Däbritz - Demann - Popp in the DM role, with a shock inclusion of Goeßling showing up in the latest pre Euro squad too.

Plus I'm not sure how you genuinely see a 3 player mid-field working correctly either, as I've not once seen Magull forced out wide, possibly appearing to be a faux winger.
    Hmmmm, how about this... Jones selects two of her other CB's, both of these possessing the technical ability to move with the ball, and still pass it accurately into their mid-fielders and forwards. You know, in a way that actually takes advantage of having a creative mid-field, instead of completely bypassing it, in favor of the kick and chase routine your now somehow suggesting better.

5. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    just sayin, be careful,.........with Mark Sampson, life is a box of chocolates, you never know what your going to get until you play his team/ Switzerland learned the hard way; with a German coach and decent BUND defenders like Abbe, Maritz, Kiwic, Rimast & AMC passing it from the back to one of your fav mids. Wailti, the Swiss got decimated by an combination of an high press, swift counter attacks & accurate long balls. Again, consider that Jones got slow pokes Henning & Peter back there, minding the defense back there, and it's something that Germany got to worry about, especially if your going to play it from the back

6. FawcettFan14

FawcettFan14 Member+

Mar 19, 2004
    Colorado
    Pure madness not to include Vero Boquete. Even if not in tip top form, I guarantee you she is among the best 23 players Spain has to choose from.

JanBalk repped this.
  7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I don't want to contradict you: I don't know enough Boquete nor the general situation of the team to speak, but I had admired Jorge Vilda when he was guiding a brilliant U-17 National Team at U-17 WWC 2014 and it seemed to me that he was a very reasonable guy. Maybe he thinks that it's time to translate Spain's NT towards WWC 2019 and he wants to put the young talents he managed to grow ahead of veterans that in his opinions could not carry on to 2019?

I admit it's a bold choice, and Vero Boquete, although already 30, it's not really "old" by women's football's standard, not even in a 2019 WWC perspective, but let's be frank: did she really impress as in the past in her last European stints at Bayern München and PSG? Maybe I didn't follow her enough, I admit, but I was surprised that she wasn't even started in the recent Women's Champions' League final between OL and PSG; and when she was put on the pitch (admittedly quite late to impect the game) it didn't seem to me that she impressed very much. :cautious:

I repeat, it's a bold decision and I surely don't have enough elements to judge it, but I'd say it's still possible that it's not as nonsensical as it could seem at first sight.

8. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    But that doesn't make any sense... Using this logic, your girlfriend (Harder) playing for Denmark should translate into Denmark being one of the best teams in the world, all because she's one of the best players in the world, no?

Wälti being one of the Bundesliga's better DM/CM doesn't mean the Swiss national teams defense instantly capable of wins vs the top teams in the world. I mean did you see their team vs England..?
    AMC --- Kiwic --- Brunner ---- Maritz
    Aigbogun - Mauron - Wälti - Rinast
    ---------- Tercgoun - Reuteler ----------

That's clearly not their best possible team, and this for a collective who's never appeared particularly cohesive with all their best players on the field either. So what does this result have to do with other opponents facing England...?

How does England beating a mediocre Swiss team, possessing a few talented individuals, have to do with a team like Germany not being able to understand the correct ways to escape an opponents press..?

I know Henning and Peter clearly suck at simple things like being able to pass their way up the field, but your acting like Germany haven't played England.recently with these exact same defenders in the team lol.

Yes, Switzerland at full strength have a few strong individual players, but it's clear their still a long way from being considered one of the elite wnt programs, so why not let them just develop without looking at the surface of a forgettable pre tournament friendly vs England.

9. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    despite being a sub, Vero's record at PSG was pretty decent;
    http://us.women.soccerway.com/teams/france/paris-saint-germain-fc/5286/
    she was third in scoring, can't verify this, but I believe led the team in assists as well
    She managed to outscore the more heralded, Cruz, 7-2 &, the one that started ahead of her, Diallio, who scored zero goals in league play. She did have a rep of constantly switching teams, a trait that coaches don't usually find appealing

hold on, I only previously mentioned Harder & Denmark as a guilty pleasure, as I doubt that they got the balance or depth to handle the big 3(FR, GE & EN). Even more so now that there's a fourth sub. Their league only plays something like 10 games a season, but they do get these nifty surprises occasionally like the FB,,Sandjev, who looked liked SC Sands strongest player in the German Cup final

As for the England game fiasco,the score could of being way higher, what a wasted opportunity then for the Swiss coach not to play a better hand.

10. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    So why are you pointing fingers at the Swiss results, highlighting 1 or 2 of their most talented individuals like Wälti, for not being more effective against a full strength England team...?

With Harder, Denmark has a legit world class forward in their team, but your not using their up and down match day fortunes, to hype the prospects/status of other nations.
    It's called experimentation... and when your a wnt with the limited player depth like Switzerland, experimentation isn't always going to look pretty whenever it's done facing opponents with equal or greater depth in quality.

See, I guarantee if England made significant changes to their first 11 vs a full strength Swiss side, we wouldn't even be discussing any wider significance to this pre Euro friendly encounter...

11. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The PSG League stats

Goals

1. Delie 16 2 Cristiane 12 3. Boquete 7

Assists

1. Cruz 10 2. Boquete 9 3. Perisset and Cristiane

blissett repped this.
  12. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    but ironically, England might have the deepest(depth) players of any country out there. I do believe an squad of players you didn't make the Euro NT(since Sampson all ready picked his). Or an English 'B' team would probably break into the FIFA top 10. an impressive array of especially fwds are missing from Sampson's picks; Carter, Dowie, Daly, Galton, Lawley, Mead, Sanderson, Stanway.
    Another oddity;the Man City coach called out Keira Walsh, as his "best player", but nope, she didn't make Sampson's squad either, but 8 other Man City players did! The one thing that hinders England though; they might not have the best 'world class' players. For instance, arguably their best, Jordan Nobbs simply Ain't no Magull or Maro or Dallmann for that matter!.

But then again, when will we know who Jones is picking for her final squad?

13. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Jones gonna announce her final squad after the friendly against Brazil.

14. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Wow... lol. I haven't seen ANYTHING at youth level, senior level, or the club level, to suggest England's women legitimately stacked with enough talent to have their B team in FIFA's top 10...:confused:

I know a lot of their players will worship at the alter of the USwnt, choosing US colleges and clubs to develop their game, but I don't see how any of this correlates with them currently possessing the depth to have another 11 names capable of being among the 10 best wnt's in the world.

Your being rather disparaging of the game to suggest an England B team equal or better than Denmark - China - Spain - Netherlands - Norway - Korea DPR - Sweden - Brazil - Australia - Japan. Those being the first 10 wnt's currently sat behind England's A team.

Romario'sgurl repped this.
  15. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    here's Vero's replay on not being picked by Spain She seems disappointed but takes it in

blissett, gricio61 and Thomsen repped this.
  16. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #366 hotjam2, Jun 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
    don't see why NOT? Most of the bigger countries could easily field B as well as C teams. Look at Germany; Magull, Dallmann, Elsig, Simon, Hendrich, Demann were the best Bundesliga players this year. yet none of them made Neid's original Olympic lineup last year. Let's say if those players that I mentioned. could of participated as a separate team; you don't think they could of been strong contenders?(perhaps even beat Neid for the gold?) I would see them as possible top 5. Same thing with the other big countries; they got enough depth to beat smaller countries. Japan brought in a bunch of newbies and were able to beat the Nederlands on their home turf just recently/ Sweden in fact, is the only small nation(pop, 9.8) in the top ten, but that's partly due to their very, very veteran squad.
    England has proven to be no slouch either, they got 3rd place after all in the one tourney that counts. the World Cup, and since then I don't know any other country that has spend the money on woso(both club & country) as they have

17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    @hotjam2 I follow Japan, and while it was partly still a experimental side, that really wasn't close to what I'd consider a genuine B team either... calling a collection of A-team players B-team hopefuls simply because they don't start regularly, is dishonest to the nature of a B team's use/purpose, no?

Expanding on your Germany example, if the DFB was to ever create a B-team it wouldn't have Magull - Dallmann - Elsig - Simon - Hendrich - Demann anywhere near it lol; instead we'd probably see a group of talented but lesser known's like....
    ----------------------- Nuding ----------------------
    Störzel - Brüggemann - Prießen - Ioannidou
    ----------------------- Schöne ----------------------
    ------ J.Arnold -------------------- F.Dongus -----
    ----------------------- T.Knaak ---------------------
    -------- Starke --------------------- Rolser --------

And while this young team good in areas, something like this 11 isn't exactly what I'd call a credible 11 worthy of break into a top ten FIFA rank; meaning I can only imagine what a program like England would put on the field, if the same honesty was applied to the construction of their potential B-team too.

18. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hold on!; Jones will have to drop 7 players from her temp squad. they would be added then to the B team.. .my starting lineup would look this

........................Schmidt

Klassen...Shiewe...T Dongus.....Ewers

.............................Elsig

..........J Arnold.....................Simic

..........................Dallmann

.........Rolser....................Schuler

that squad should be good enough to be the current #9 ranked Sweden(who without Jakobssn & Rubensson, seem to lack offense)

personally,I think Dallmann should make the squad.; she saved Jones butt in the Canada friendly. But then again, with Jones you really never never know

19. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    the Red Flames have just announced their lineup. They've beat Scotland 5-0 & tied Japan in their recent friendlies, could they be possible spoilers?
    Belgium-Euro-roster.jpg

gricio61 repped this.
  20. McSkillz

McSkillz Member+

ANGEL CITY FC, UCLA BRUINS
    United States
    Nov 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So just to clarify, people in the US can't watch the Euros on any American television channel right? I have to find a online stream like I did back in 2009?

21. FawcettFan14

FawcettFan14 Member+

Mar 19, 2004
    Colorado
    According to this link, ESPN3 is showing Euro 2017. But I haven't seen it corroborated elsewhere.

http://www.womenssoccerunited.com/where-to-watch-euro-2017/

jnielsen repped this.
  22. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hmmmm, I don't think you understand the beneficial purpose behind international B-teams, so I'll say it again... B teams aren't meant to be comprised of the A team players simply unable to start on a regular basis for A team, or young prospects too old for the youth ranks but not experienced enough for the seniors.

See, all your doing is saying (insert wnt) has a deep squad, meaning their other 11 options who
    not starting could make another strong wnt; but even that's not a reasonable assessment, as your idea of England's bench supposedly making a FIFA top ten still sounds hollow, versus the reality of any actual evidence that would suggest the exact opposite.

Remember the pool of players for any A team is bigger than the final 23 who go to tournaments, making any B team selections typically filled with talented untested individuals on the fringes of full national team recognition.

And looking the various past, present, and future talent of the top ten wnt's, I still don't see how your rationalizing something like a potential German B team randomly being ahead of Sweden's current A team lol... seriously, your pushing some seriously theoretical divisive nonsense with this one.

23. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Germany's not going to win the Euro's because everything about Steffi's election is sucks

24. AndyHE

AndyHE Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Norway
    Club:
    SK Brann Bergen
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    blissett and Thomsen repped this.
  25. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016