Euro 2016 Qualifiers: Azerbaijan & Malta

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by sempreITALIA, Oct 3, 2014.

1. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    you're both missing something though, its not just us who have declined, but the whole football worl, look at the best defender/s in the world today, they are average, also whilst it is about the team, in the past if we were losing we knew we had players who could turn it around in an instant no matter agaisnt which team we were facing,

Parcae questioned if 95-05 was the golden age (im not saying it is/isnt), and he used the yard stick of what we acheived from 06 till present to dispute that, no way our players from 06 compare to who came before them with one or 2 exceptions (and those all sstarted in the 90's), serie a is also in decline because of the italian players not the foreign players, we were at our best when there were only 3 foreign players, now we have few great foriegn players and few great italians,

this 1-0 scoreline is a bit of a joke now, croatia 6-0 up against a team we scraped past

jerrito repped this.
  2. krado33

krado33 Member+

May 23, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    True, but I was more referencing all those who suggested Prandelli's favoritism was the reason Aquaman got a game.

jerrito repped this.
  3. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    the malta red was harsh but what caused it was the way he went in, if you watch it again the maltese guy does a little hop thing as if he's going to dive in dangerously and the reff most likely thought the tackle was as bad as it looked it was going to be, the end tackle was not deserving of a red

4. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I turned this shit off - what a snooze-fest.

jerrito repped this.
  5. Zenga18

Zenga18 Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Bonucci got beat by some guy who'll go back to milking cows after this game is over. Hopefully the rest of them get reds and we don't have to watch this anymore. Can't believe people defend and are "positive" about this garbage Conte is putting out there.

el napulitan, ArtemioD and krado33 repped this.
  6. vincep5

vincep5 Member

Jun 19, 2005
    Terrible effort out there. I think candreva and veratti have been really poor so far. Italy has never been a team to blow our opponents out. Not sure why I thought this Italy was any different

7. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Give him a yellow and lets move on. With a straight red I want to see someone's leg fall off lol.

Conte doing his version of TikiItalia now. Since the red, Italy has had no desire to score or put on a show.

8. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    is this a joke? pass sideways, pass sidways again, then again, then some mo, then backwards, then sideways some mo, back again, sideways, lose ball, win it back, pass sideways, then back, rinse repeat. its going to be a great euros aint it if we get there?

9. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    i agree but from the reffs angle it may have looked a really bad tackle and with no replay

10. vincep5

vincep5 Member

Jun 19, 2005
    But think of our passing percentage

11. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    what a fcuking disgrace this is, we've not passed foward for how long now? fcukin joke, oh now we go forward and hit the post horray

La Magica repped this.
  12. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I think Ogbonna, Darmian, and Aquilani broke some kind of record. They passed to each other about 2,121 times without moving the ball past the mid line.

jerrito repped this.
  13. vincep5

vincep5 Member

Jun 19, 2005
    Ma va ffanculo says Conte

14. stucazzo81

stucazzo81 Member

May 15, 2009
    New Jersey
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Aquilani should be brought out back and .......

15. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    So why couldn't they beat Azerbijan 6-0 like Croatia just did?

16. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    i remember when parma did this in seria A, they just passed it amonst the defenders, the reff blew his whistle and gave a free kick to the other team, it's against the rules to do it, much like contiuingly hugging in boxing results in a DQ

Nek Sanalet repped this.
  17. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    You could also ask…why won't Croatia beat us 6-0.

This is Italy. 0-0, 1-0, 1-1, 2-1, 2-2 are the only approved score lines when we play.

el napulitan and jerrito repped this.
  18. krado33

krado33 Member+

May 23, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Well what can you say.
    -I liked that he used someone like Candreva in the WB role. Only thing generating any movement early on.
    -Pasqual can cross the ball.

Everything else looks like a regression.

19. jerrito

jerrito Member+

Jun 22, 2006
    America
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Defenders are not as good worldwide, I agree. But when you say that the 06 players did not compare to those before, you are only making my point. It is not the names that matter but the results. The team that did not compare won a World Cup.

Calcio Pauly and Nek Sanalet repped this.
  20. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I guess I did not miss much.

21. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What a pathetic mess, i can't believe we only won 1-0 against lowly Malta. If we keep this up Croatia is going to smash us.

22. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    this team needs more Napoletani.

FORZA NAPOLI <3 repped this.
  23. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    of course its the results that matter. but like i said, the teams we beat did not compare to the teams the previous era had to beat, tbh im not sure what point you're making because my post was about parcae disputing what he called the supposed golden age, to which he dated 95-05, why didnt he date it 95-06? those players that won the wc were not the product of 06 but the so called golden age

Calcio Pauly and jerrito repped this.
  24. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    bro you missed the half time tunes.

jerrito and Falc repped this.
  25. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Bingo. The quality of players today is laughable compared to how it was in the 90s. Why do you think CR7 and Messi can run up these incredible statlines? Because they are playing against a bunch of bums. We live in the age of Miroslave Klose as all time WC scorer. If he had played in the 86-90-94-98 cups, he would have had zero career WC goals. End of discussion.

Calcio Pauly, Daei_10 and JCNapoli17 repped this.