Alert: Euro 2012 Kits Controversy

Discussion in 'Poland' started by Smoga, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Sorry, but the new PZPN logo just doesn't cut it as replacement for the "Orzelek".

I think it was in the eighties or early nineties that we played without the Eagle for a couple of matches. But I don't know what to think about this. Power play by PZPN to demonstrate to fans that this is a PZPN team and not so much a national team? A mistake by someone at Nike? Poor design? Whatever it is, I think that people in Poland will not rest until the Eagle returns to the shirt...for me, the Poland NT is just not the same without the Orzelek!

http://www.sport.pl/sport/10,67450,10611856,Koszulki_na_Euro_2012__Szczesny__sa_okej__za_to_w.html

Better photos of the lame kits:

http://euro2012.wp.pl/gid,13970257,title,W-takich-strojach-zagramy-na-Euro-2012,galeria.html

2. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    agreed!

i think they look cheap and for the White Eagle to be missing is a huge mistake

3. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Ni chuja! Bez Orzełka nie kibicuję! Nie jadę nawet do Wrocławia jak nie zmienią (I've got 4 tickets for that game)!

Agreed! Even obsydian kits were better. Unfortunately we've become a victim of Nike as Poland's and Ukraine's (though they're from Adidas) are the first ones showed. The design is sooooo pooooooorrrrrr. Turks likes us but I doubt that we incorporated Turkey yesterday. I wouldn't wear this one even if they would give me money for that.

When I check kicker.de notes for Polish players I had never even clicked on FSV Mainz... Just Koeln and Dortmund...

4. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yea im not too happy about it either but it is what it is. The PZPN is trying to pull more attention towards themselves instead of a national symbol

5. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
  6. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    What a mess! Thanks for the link! There was another article somewhere where Nike said that they tried hard to convince PZPN to leave the Orzelek as it was, but that PZPN did not listen.

7. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    its the only way it could have gone

there is not way that NIKE (however i dislike them) forced PZPN to drop the Orzelek

PZPN told NIKE what they wanted on the shirt and NIKE gave it to them

8. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
  9. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    I've read about that some time earlier. They want to put the Polish coat of arms in the center rather than on the left side where PZPN's logo would be still placed. I don't know if that's against the FIFA regulations about NT uniforms. And WOW - this change wouldn't take them 18 months now to adjust it! Here's some similar design.
    [​IMG]

I also heard some other big company (that's Adidas) wanted to bring to the market replicas of shirts from 74 and 82 WC with Orzełek. The only thing I wasn't sure is that if Orzełek would be with crown or without it :)

10. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
  11. Smoga

Smoga Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Yes!

I think the Turkey game is ekstraklasa players only. Good thing the Orzelek is coming back...otherwise we wouldn't be able to tell which team is which!

12. marek

marek Member+

Lechia Gdańsk
    Jun 27, 2000
    Club:
    OSP Lechia Gdansk
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland