ESPY -- Vote for best female soccer player

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by FearM9, Jun 22, 2004.

1. Hamm-star

Hamm-star New Member

Oct 2, 2002
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Scrfan:

if by chance in any way your comment was directed at me let me clearify my position. i beleive mia deserves the award for the way she played through the course of the entire 2003 into the 2004 season. not for how many years she has been on the nats. or because she is retireing, ETC.
    I beleive that mia played some of the best soccer of her career last year and that trend is continueing into this year. I think her numbers prove that out, and i think they continue to.

2. scrfan

scrfan New Member

Oct 28, 2002
    Not directed to you directly. I've just noticed some talk about her retiring or what she's done in the past and I don't see how that should have any bearing on an award designed to honour this past year's best player.

3. PortlandPilots15

PortlandPilots15 New Member

May 23, 2002
    My world.
    Too bad Maren Meinert played even better soccer last year. I'd have rather the Americans won the WWC instead of one of our players winning a meaningless ESPY. Let this thread die, if Beckham won the award for the men then you know it's meaningless.

4. scrfan

scrfan New Member

Oct 28, 2002
    Exactly.

5. DCUPopeAndLillyFan

Apr 20, 2000
    Colorado
    If the German had a better year?

Wow, what a xenophobic post...

6. Chargefan

Chargefan New Member

Oct 9, 2003
    KOP
    Last year KATIA won, but then when you let the inmate run the prison.....

I am an American and I voted for Maren - She was by far the best soccer player (NOTE - Not "american soccer Icon Espy")

Mia Played well but did not propell her team to overachieve as Maren did in Boston and the WWC

But then the General Plastics(Population, Sheep....) out there would not know because they are not watching soccer.

Oh, and the bold stuff at the top made me laugh so hard....

7. DCUPopeAndLillyFan

Apr 20, 2000
    Colorado
    Actually, it made me cry.

8. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. PortlandPilots15

PortlandPilots15 New Member

May 23, 2002
    My world.
    Silly us! We've been going about this all wrong!