PBP: EPL - Manchester United FC vs Leicester City FC - Aug 10, 2018 [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Independent Republic of the Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Yesterday was so frustrating because we got off to a fortunate start with the early goal and rather to continue to attack and rip their hearts out while it's still beating and show it to them. But instead we dropped off and ceded possession and control of the game. I would have preferred if we pressed them in the middle third, forced a turnover and hit them hard on the counter. Alas, this is life under Mou.

2. incighte

incighte Red Card

May 1, 2016
    When he first came he had amazing feet out of the back. It's odd how in has regressed so much while he has been here.

3. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    I cannot remember maybe @J'can he went to the game with his kids for the preseason where he said Sanchez puts his head down and tries to do things on his own. Friday's game was a testament for it.

He tries way too much to play the final pass, to dribble the final piece of the attack, to shoot the final piece of the attack. That stems from the fact that he knows he needs to do better. Mou needs to hold him back a bit in a system to follow instructions.

Countless times he would hold on too long after dribbling then plays it to Shaw or Pogba because Darmian or Rashford did not make the run. He needs to play what he sees.

4. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yes I said that but in truth it is something that we all knew. It is incredibly frustrating though to watch and not the kind of play you expect from someone with they experience and status in the game like Sanchez.

5. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Agreed. He's always lost the ball a ton trying to play the final ball in every occasion. But at Arsenal he was playing closer to the goal so when they came off they lead to scoring chances. He's forcing risky passes with us at the half line and even if they come off they aren't any different than making a simple pass.

7. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Meanwhile Martial sits wondering WITAF is going on!

8. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Anyone hoping that Shaw has a massive contract year and someone else overpays for him?

He looked good yesterday. The whole backline which is rare.

9. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    highly unlikely. everyone in the league knows he is broken goods. no one from abroad cares either

10. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shaw is coming at the end of his contract anyhow. He'll go for nothing next summer, if he leaves...

11. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Ashur, your American so you know you how baseball players and football players have career years in a contract year. I am just hoping for that from Shaw so we can get a good price for him and we have a very good LB for the season.

12. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If this is Shaw's last year of his current contract, that means he's a free agent next summer. He can go wherever he wants, if he won't sign with us, and we will not see a dime from the move.
    Even if it so happens that he has one more year after this one, his price will go down precisely because his contract his running down...

13. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Shaw comes good this year we should keep him not sell him.

jeff070 repped this.
  14. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Oh I yeah forgotten about that, there is no franchise tag

15. gatekeeper2

gatekeeper2 Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Simple at that. There's nothing we can do about the last 3-4 seasons that were essentially lost because of the fallout from the horror injury. If Shaw does, in fact, put in an incredible series of performances this season we absolutely should keep him.

If nothing else, keeping Shaw would give posters here one more thing to bitch about every week.

16. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    After all the bullshit with Jose and his shitty luck at this club, I doubt he'd re sign if Jose is still here.

18. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    One thing he did was push forward because he had the fitness to get back. I was pretty ecstatic about that. He was pushing up a lot and could have been found more times if Sanchez did not hog the ball.

19. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ehh I think that stuff with Jose is in the past now. He was kind of praising Jose after the match. If he wanted out he would have gone to Everton this summer. I think he wants to fight and earn his place at United.

20. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    He's praising Jose because he's learned he has to play this game with Jose to get minutes. Jose plays favorites so if he kisses his ass and gets on his good side he might get more playing time. I bet if Jose gets canned you won't hear him praising Jose.

21. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    whats going on is that he looked lime shit in the u.s. and then missed 9 days of training. there's a player in there but he has not done nearly enough for any sane manager to even begin exploring benching sanchez for him. that's insane.

22. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    i think you're projecting. they've been constantly in communication this sunmer.

23. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Im going by what Jose has said and done in the public. Not playing him even when Young and Valencia were clearly wearing down. Saying things about Shaw and too shaw directly in the media.

If this is the case, then whatever. But I find it hard to believe.

Anything said in the press by a player, about Jose is never going to be negative. No player will speak out against his manager, even in bad times, look at Pogba vs Jose. Jose however doesnt play these mind games. Its clear how he felts about shaw.

24. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fair enough but if he has a good season and he’s keen and the club is keen we should keep him around. Would be one less position off the shopping list.

benni... repped this.
  25. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    why not? Sánchez has also been lime shit

JC7rox repped this.