PBP: EPL - Everton FC vs Manchester United FC - Apr 21, 2019 [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]
    This very crafty stuff on Klopp's part. On the one hand, he's dismissing and directly putting United down. At the same time, this is bulletin board material for the boys and incentive for them to beat City, doing Pool a massive favor in the process. That is something SAF would say back in the day...

Gilma1990 and J'can repped this.
  2. incighte

incighte Red Card

May 1, 2016
    We have three characters in our locker room that would get amped about something like that.

Two of them are Ashley Young and Phil Jones.

The other is Ander Herrera and, well, we're letting him walk.

LA. MAN UNITED repped this.
  3. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yes that is really clever media handling. Pool are making a lot of the correct moves. Can't hate them for us being garbage

jnielsen repped this.
  4. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pretty sure that the local guys like Lingard and Rashford, among others, will be up for this game. It may look like we have zero chance vs City and how it's likely they could run over us, but we need to look no further than last season at how when motivated (even if it was just for one half) we can stay and even beat them. All bets (and logic) tend to go out the window in derby games.

5. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    What exactly are we going to gain by winning the derby?

6. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Woodward has succeeded at getting us better sponsorship deals. And with our club size he'd have to be an idiot not to line up good deals.

He's failed massively everywhere else. At this point, its hard to blame him anymore. It's the Glazer's that are so out of touch that they still trust him and keep him in charge. The buck stops with them and they are failing. But as long as we keep making them money, they probably don't give a shit.

7. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I wouldn't give him that much credit. Klopp just runs his mouth and says what's on his mind. I don't get the master manipulator vibe from him like you get from SAF, peak Jose, etc. Klopp just doesn't have much of a filter.

jnielsen repped this.
  8. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I do not believe that in the mind game department he's on the level of SAF or Mourinho at their peak, but I don't think that Klopp is an idiot either, despite what he puts out to the world.
    And that statement from my perspective was him, in some Machiavellian, round about way trying to spur United on to victory, which obviously benefits Pool in their quest for the title.

9. incighte

incighte Red Card

May 1, 2016
    I think that's just some good old German honesty. They are a blunt and frank people.

10. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #210 Ashur, Apr 22, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
    End of the day. Klopp can play it as sly or as cool as he wants, the bottom line is that if somehow we were able to do what looks to be the impossible and beat City, Klopp will be the first to do whatever he does with his fist pumps, jumping in the air and all that jazz. We know it, he knows it, so does everyone else.
    Van Dijk's got it right when he said that United still have something to compete for and it will be about doing themselves a favor, with top 4 technically still within our grasp. For Pool, this is the scenario they would want in that situation.

11. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
  13. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I don't give a ******** what Pogba says in interviews anymore. Its clear that he knows the right things to say to not come off like the bad guy, but his attitude on the field and clear working behind the scenes to get a move show who he really is.

I still think he's the most talented CM in the world with the most potential, but I'm done with his mood swings and inconsistency.

14. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He actually said what he was supposed to say, and the right thing as far as I'm concerned. But talk is cheap: he, along with the team have not performed up to par for some time and they have to put it right for the remainder of the season, starting with the derby.

15. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    This.

16. JC7rox

JC7rox Member+

Manchester United FC, LAFC
    Jun 11, 2004
    West Coast, Cali!
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The whole team is soft and run on confidence.

This club needs a real on-pitch leader. Closest to a real captain in the squad is Herrera and he is on the outs.

17. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    and this is why as much as Roy Keane gets criticised and labelled a bitter man and whatever else the fans still sing his name and he remains a legend.

there was never any question about his commitment and he didn't let others slip up either

18. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Agreed. The closest on the pitch to him is Young (in terms of getting on other players) and thats a really, really bad thing.

Deadtigers repped this.
  19. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    We all these talks i really hope we dont beat citeh ... Call me whatever you want but i can't digest liverpool lifting PL trophy ...

Deadtigers repped this.
  20. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Herrera is another natural and true leader we have on the team. Still a mystery why he never really came close to the armband. Especially recently when he started being a genuine regular on the team.
    He's the closest we have to a Keane in the current squad, just a little more tempered. But no less passionate and driven nonetheless.

J'can repped this.
  21. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
  22. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I'm not here to cause shit .....I have a sincere question:

a team you hate will win the league this year no matter what else happens. you can bank 6 points from your last 2 games (Cardiff and Hudd - which puts you at 70). none of the other 3 teams have such easy games.

seeing how Arsenal and Chelsea are starting to fall over themselves to eff things up ---- beating or getting a draw from City would give you a real chance to get CL next year.

is preventing LFC getting the title more important to you - really?

23. JC7rox

JC7rox Member+

Manchester United FC, LAFC
    Jun 11, 2004
    West Coast, Cali!
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Maybe seeing Liverpool lift the trophy will open the eyes of everyone at the club. Then again, it might not even matter. Not sure how much this stuff matters to some of the players. I doubt Woodward cares. And the Glazers know little about it.

I do think the lads should fight for their lives, no matter who against and what is on the line. This club deserves more. Or at least it used to.

24. LA. MAN UNITED

LA. MAN UNITED Member+

May 22, 2006
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the fact that you are in a better position to win right now and moving forward has a lot of supporters concerned. #19 could be #20 and then #21and the fact we seem light years from another title at our current pace has a lot of fans hoping you don't win it this year (or any year :p). CL is still important to a lot of us, though and the rivalry is spurring those who want no part of a title for you even at our finishing out of the top 4.

25. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Independent Republic of the Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    I don't know a City fan! I have lived in NYC and Buffalo area most of life between upbringing, college, post college and professional life. I was born in Ghana and left at 6 but go back from time to time. I have had college friends and roommates that are Liverpool fans, co-workers and friends of friends. I have yet to meet a City fan. Our rivalry is pure, before the foreign big money, we hated you guys and you guys brushed us off as small fries. Then we became bigger and you hated us as much as we hated you. That is true love/hate. It can't be manufactured. Not during Arsenal's glory years or Chelsea's arrival of Roman. Ours has stood the test of time.

jnielsen repped this.