Enner Valencia

Discussion in 'Ecuador - Players Abroad' started by Manolo, Mar 9, 2014.

1. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Am I the only one that cant believe that this injury might take 4-6 weeks to heal?

2. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Been an Iron Maiden fan since I was 14...not so much of west ham but I need that now. Lol

[​IMG]

3. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Will this season be considered a disappointment?

4. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I say yes but it also has to go with the team. Overall after the good start the team just wasn't good enough. Terrible coaching. Still, Enner was very disappointing. Second half of the season he literally didn't do anything at all. Today they dubbed him out early because they finally realized Enner is just not cutting it. He has had so many opportunities and starts but has done literally nothing with them.

5. ECUA-718

ECUA-718 Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Maybe for the club but not so much for Enner, he has Chelsea and Liverpool looking to sign him!

6. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Yes. He came for 12M after 3 goals in the World Cup, 18 goals for Pachuca in 4 months, and a bunch more in friendlies for Ecuador. He got a LOT of playing time over the season, more than most new players get. He can't complain, he was simply a disappointment. I got tired of watching every week hoping for Enner to do something dangerous but he mostly just ran a lot and got beat up by defenders.

Not all of it is his fault. He was not on a creative passing team that created a lot of opportunities. But that is the way most teams are in England, except for the top 4-5 teams and maybe Swansea. Besides, Sakho who cost like $5M was able to score a lot more.

We'll have to see what happens next season, hopefully he gets more chances because West Ham will have a new coach and will definitely need more forwards. But if he wants to succeed there, he will need to do some serious weight training and rediscover his ability to find space in the box to score goals.

7. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Uhh... I find this kind of hard to believe. I can see those kind of clubs showing interest for Montero though.

8. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Expectations this year? First game is against Arsenal. Does 10 goals seem attainable?

9. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I think he can. he scored a goal in todays preseason, but he was carried out on a stretcher. He injured his knee and west ham will evaluate his situation Friday

10. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
  11. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  12. ECUAlex

ECUAlex Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33762662

Valencia out for 12 Weeks. He's definitely missing the first two games of the world cup qualifiers. Let's just hope there aren't any setbacks in his return to full fitness.

13. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Nope. Not anymore.

14. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Can't catch a break... Right? I don't remember the last time we had a full and healthy squad. Ugh. I was looking forward to watching him play this season. A full offseason of training with his team. Damn.

15. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    They beat Arsenal!

16. bourne1

bourne1 Member

Jun 21, 2015
    Croatia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  17. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    This guy seems like the new Caicedo. Made of glass. The English league might be to physical and fast for him. I personally think his type of player would do well in the Spanish league

18. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I don't think Enner is being unreasonable,if you don't know what type injury after a month,I would be questioning the medical team, as well as getting a second opinion from a different doctor. we often think players are made of steel,if you ever had any leg,knee injury,you would know they weaken you physically as well as mentally.some never fully heal 100%.this is Enners livelyhood at stake.Hope he recovers well.

19. Jefe Esco

Jefe Esco Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Amazing cross by Enner today that lead to the goal

Had a few chances at goal but couldn't convert

Good return though

20. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Dammit. Valencia's finishing is getting me mad. Wasting so many opportunities. UGH!

21. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    OMG Finally! He could have scored a couple by now lol but finally scored though.

Jefe Esco repped this.
  22. Jefe Esco

Jefe Esco Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    2 goals today

Second off an amazing free kick

23. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    When Enner comes back to the NT our attack would have just got a bit more scary especially if he can keep this up.

24. ECUAlex

ECUAlex Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I watched the game vs Bournemouth. Despite the two goals that he scored, Enner played really poorly. He seems to drift out of the game too often and I thought he was going to be subbed out by half time. At least we know who will be taking the free kicks for the seleccion.

25. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    To be fair, he's been plagued with injuries almost all season, and hasn't been able to gain any form. Let's hope his fitness and form returns quick!