English Abroad

Discussion in 'England' started by THOMA GOL, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    I'm sure that would be given as his in the Premier League too. As long as the original strike is on target then it's given to the attacker.

2. Footballers abroad

Arsenal
    England
    Nov 9, 2019
  3. Footballers abroad

Arsenal
    England
    Nov 9, 2019
  4. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    Jamal Musiala making his Youth League debut (his first U19 start as a whole) for Bayern against Spurs. Live on BT Sport at 15:00

5. Footballers abroad

Arsenal
    England
    Nov 9, 2019
    What does anyone think of the idea of Harry Kane going to Barcelona?

6. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    I think they're more likely to pursue Rashford than Kane. He fits the profile of player they're more like likely to be chasing in the near future.

7. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Looks like Marcus Edwards has scored the winner for Vitoria against Frankfurt! His good form seems to be continuing......

Sam1010 and David Hurford repped this.
  8. Footballers abroad

Arsenal
    England
    Nov 9, 2019
    If its not a passing fad that young English footballers are choosing to go abroad rather than develop in the Premier League. It surprises me that it has taken so long that such as a thing is a viable idea. I have little sympathy for the Premier League teams if there are concerned English lads are deciding to go abroad. The larger English teams have for years horded players and allowed them to rot.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...broad-becoming-worrying-trend-premier-league/

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...a-myth-clubs-simply-dont-trust-them-fmq885v36

roverman repped this.
  9. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Which young English players have been hoarded?

10. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    There could be two Englishman facing each other in Spain’s La Liga tomorrow evening when Athletico play Osasuna. Obviously you have Trippier for Athletico but curiously there is Brandon Thomas for Osasuna. When I say Englishman, he probably sees himself as Spanish in all honesty as despite him having an English dad he can’t speak any English.

11. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    8 goals 8 assists now for sancho in 13 games. This boy has the talent to be at another level to most players. Shame that we have 1 of the best front 3s in the world. Great to have talent like him and odoi to come off the bench

12. Iansutton270390

Iansutton270390 Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Jan 12, 2019
    It's amazing isnt it? He's possibly one of the best players in the world and yet we can't seem to find a starting spot for him. I guess it's testament to how many good young players we have coming through. I don't know why but for me, rashford, Kane and sterling are still my picks to be the starting front 3. They just seem to click better then when Sancho is playing. Even though I think Sancho is better then all 3 of them.

roverman repped this.
  13. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well rashford and him are battling as sterling is better than both

I prefer sterling wide right with rashford wide left but sancho isn’t a bad option either side

David Hurford and roverman repped this.
  14. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Rashford's been brilliant for England lately. It may well be that Sancho will surpass him but there's no mad rush and, right now, Rashford fully deserves the place.

David Hurford and roverman repped this.
  15. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    I'm not sure I understand people's thinking. Sancho starts ahead of Rahsford for Southgate in the biggest games.

RobTheFool repped this.
  16. Iansutton270390

Iansutton270390 Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Jan 12, 2019
    But don't you think he's been average for England when starting with Kane and sterling? Rashford has clicked better with them.

17. ht_hu96

ht_hu96 Member+

Middlesbrough
    England
    May 23, 2019
    For me it's also that Rashford is our best big game player. His record against the top 6 is ridiculous. I just feel as though the bigger the occasion the better the performance with him. This is not to say Sancho can't or doesn't deliver in big games as he has done. However, he's nowhere near as consistent in them as Rashford is yet.

18. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    I would rather use Rashford as an impact substitute.

19. brettspurs

brettspurs Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Nov 9, 2017
    David Hurford, Jenks and Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  20. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
  21. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Gonna earn himself a move to one of the big three if he’s not careful.

22. David Hurford

David Hurford Member

West Ham
    England
    Jul 15, 2017
    Brilliant to see. Credit to him for sticking at it

23. Footballers abroad

Arsenal
    England
    Nov 9, 2019
  24. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    #1775 ADM99, Dec 17, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
    Noni Madueke has been permanently promoted from PSV U19s to Jong PSV.

He will also join up with PSV's first-team for a winter training camp in Qatar.

Jenks and ChristianSur repped this.