English Abroad

Discussion in 'England' started by THOMA GOL, Mar 27, 2006.

1. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019

He had a pretty good game by the way. Picked up an early yellow and I thought he'd really struggle but he did a decent job.

Sam1010, Jenks, David Hurford and 2 others repped this.
  2. itfcjoe

itfcjoe Member+

Oct 8, 2014
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    From David Ornstein in The Athletic today for non-subscribers:

Juventus and Atletico chase West Brom defender

West Brom are flying under Slaven Bilic in the Championship. Their 1-0 win away to Middlesbrough kept them top of the table with just one defeat so far this season. Fans are dreaming of a return to the Premier League.

One of their most impressive performers is defender Nathan Ferguson. The 19-year-old England youth international is on the radar of suitors at home and abroad, and presently the leading candidates are Atletico Madrid, Juventus and Marseille. He joined West Brom aged eight and signed his first professional contract two years ago to keep him at The Hawthorns until the summer of 2020.

Talks over a new deal are ongoing, but it is understood they are not as advanced as reports suggest and the two sides remain far apart. Ferguson is said to be happy, loves working under head coach Bilic and will not agitate for a move away.

Equally, he would have no choice but to leave at the end of the season if an agreement with West Brom cannot be reached and he would be prepared to move overseas. In that scenario, British clubs would have to agree a compensation fee with Albion or let a tribunal rule, and non-British clubs would have to pay €490,000 (about £420,000) in compensation.

Ferguson has played 11 of his side’s 13 matches so far this season, providing an assist for Matt Phillips on his first-team debut in their opening-day victory at Nottingham Forest. He has also shown his versatility by playing in different positions across the backline.

Despite having ambitions of playing Premier League and Champions League football, joining one of the country’s leading clubs is thought not to appeal to Ferguson at this stage. He recognises that such a move would probably result in him operating as back-up to more established squad members and playing reserve, under-23 or B team football. His priority, therefore, is to play at the highest level possible while still being first choice.

David Hurford, Jenks and ChristianSur repped this.
  3. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    Smart lad.

Sam1010 and Jenks repped this.
  4. ADM99

ADM99 Member+

Apr 28, 2019
    Jack Rodwell to Roma, assuming he passes his medical. They have a ridiculous number of injuries so he would be brought in as a backup for a couple of months.

5. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Hilarious he was shit at Blackburn last season

6. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    What a weird transfer that would be, lol. I know Roma have injury problems and can get Rodwell on a free but I have to say, I’m also available on a free if they are that desperate :ninja:

David Hurford and roverman repped this.
  7. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Worrying that lookman never gets a game for Leipzig

8. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    Ampadu barely getting a sniff over there either.

9. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    #1709 Marcho Gamgee, Nov 3, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
    I’m always a bit sceptical about Nagelsmann for some reason when it comes to dealing with young English/British talents. I’m not entirely sure why I feel like this though and it’s probably unjustified to be honest but for some reason that’s my gut feeling.

10. dbs235

dbs235 Member

Mar 30, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    When their team is winning 8-0 without them, it doesn't help their case.

11. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    To be honest I couldn't care less about scottish or Welsh players

12. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    [​IMG]

13. TRS-T

TRS-T Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    A Reece Oxford mistake cost his team Augsburg the game against Schalke at the weekend.

14. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Dont think oxford will ever play for England

hussar repped this.
  15. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Louie Barry scored his first goal for Barcelona Juvenil A end of last month.

Came on as a sub in the Uefa Youth League yesterday and assisted their 2nd goal.

Despite the issues at Barcelona, the more you look at it, he may have a genuine chance there if he fulfils his potential.

Sam1010 and roverman repped this.
  16. dbs235

dbs235 Member

Mar 30, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Happy for him to be learning from Barca coaches and even if there's no route into the seniors, he'll be playing for their B team, rather than stuck in u23 football in England.

TopBanana10 repped this.
  17. itfcjoe

itfcjoe Member+

Oct 8, 2014
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    I bet those Bloody Spaniards try to steal him as another 2nd rate federation like the Irish and Welsh - wE MuST stoP ThiS NoW!

hussar repped this.
  18. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Sancho had an assist yesterday

19. Sam1010

Sam1010 Member

Charlton
    England
    Apr 10, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He was very good second half shame he had a knock at the end.
    But the last couple of weeks have confirmed why it was a great decision for him to move abroad, he can have a period of inconsistency like all young players without tabloids and pundits wondering if he's lost his hunger every two minutes.

Garibaldi11, JRSG and roverman repped this.
  20. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Is it a serious injury

21. JTay

JTay Member

England
    Apr 27, 2019
    He's only a doubt for the Bayern game, not ruled out, so it's won't be a serious injury.

Sam1010 repped this.
  22. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Didn’t see the game but have seen a few saying Sancho didn’t have a good game against Inter but he looked pretty decent on his highlights reel I thought.

23. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    I think people see constant updates on Twitter about him scoring or assisting and then tune in expecting him to dominate teams like Mbappé or something. His form has dipped somewhat this season, but the trajectory of players at that age is hardly ever a straight line anyway. I do think he needs to put in some big performances against big sides though. He's done it against Bayern to an extent, the Camp Nou would be a good place to turn it on again.

24. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    His first half was like his recent form and was very underwhelming. His 2nd was one of his best at Dortmund.

25. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Joel Latibeaudiere’s goal today, not a classic by any means as I’ve no idea what the defender was thinking but they all count and it’s his first senior goal. He also got an assist so a good day for him.

David Hurford repped this.