English Abroad

Discussion in 'England' started by THOMA GOL, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Don't think he'll go to Ajax.

2. Depends on how much Chelsea would ask for him. Ajax has cash enough in the tilt, but Mark Overmars is a scrooge.

3. He had a season at Vitesse and a good season. But the pressure at Vitesse isnot the same as at Feyenoord, PSV or Ajax. So it would be good for him to see if he can do the same in the environment where winning is a must. I've seen players doing very good at our midtable teams and freeze in the Feyenoord stadium.

4. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Lots of unconnected papers reporting today on mutual interest between Brewster and German clubs.

5. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    From what I've read and heard Borussia Monchengladbach seem to leading the chase.

6. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Looks that way, but they all mention RB Leipzig too and The Guardian has thrown in Dortmund. All great options if they come off.

hussar and Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  7. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Would it be a loan or they want to buy him?

8. wellno

wellno Member+

Jul 31, 2016
    He's in the Sancho situation. He hasn't signed a pro contract so could leave for peanuts.

I think he would genuinely fit in Liverpool's system as a Firmino style forward if he did stay, but who knows where he would be in the pecking order.

9. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sancho would probably start at arsenal now

10. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Talking about players playing in Germany and had a successful time, I wonder if Big Sam stays at Everton, where does that leave Lookman? He's clearly not a Big Sam type player, has far to much technical ability and to small for Sam. I wonder if Everton would either sell him to Leipzig or loan him there for another season as I'm gonna presume they would be interested?

11. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Reports in Italy that Yunus Musah (U16) is joining Juventus. Would be the youngest prospect to abroad in recent years, would be interesting if it became a trend.

Marcho Gamgee and ChristianSur repped this.
  12. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Lookman scores a beauty apparently and has two assists ( which sound like worth watching also according to the commentary I read but can be misleading ) and then subbed on the 62 minute, probably the Coach felt sorry for Hertha being 5-1 down at the time but sounds like a productive game.

hussar repped this.
  13. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Anyone on the Sancho watch today? Can't see the game unfortunately.

14. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    A bit quiet. Dortmund were awful though and he was by no means the worst. Crazy how much better he is than someone like Schurrle who has had 3 big moves and a World Cup medal.

15. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Yeah I watched it too. Dortmund were infuriating. Supposedly Weigl is talented? He just spent 90 minutes standing three yards in front of the defence, receiving the ball from one defender and then playing it to another defender. It was as if they'd been banned from even attempting a forward pass.

Sancho wasn't at his best either - a few dribbles into traffic and some disorganised one-man pressing - but in fairness, they never actually looked for him when he took up dangerous positions, so he had to come deep to get the ball at all.

16. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    They're interested.

"'If it were only up to us, then I would already know the answer,' [Leipzig sporting director Ralf Rangnick] told Kicker magazine when asked if he would like to keep Lookman. 'But it's not only up to us – there's no option in his contract. We'll have to see what happens in the summer, and it also depends on what happens at Everton.'"

Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  17. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    I hope Lookman is headstrong like he was in January and forces a move for himself. Feels like Oxford will do the same and did the same in January. Will be good if this generation has realised they need to be selfish and push these moves through, knowing that the English clubs will likely not follow through on any promises.

brettspurs, Jenks and Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  18. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    I have watched Dortmund this season and Pulisic flatters to deceive whilst Weigal just isn't very good. Their performances could be symptomatic of playing in a misfiring side.

I wonder if Nigeria will make a play for Lookman again, dangle a World Cup place in his face?

19. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC

20. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    I had wondered about this too but seems like they have gone quiet at the moment. I remember not so long ago reading on a Nigerian site that they pretty much understood that Lookman was committed to England so let's hope that stands firm. I think he has a good shout at getting into the Squad for the next qualifying phase all being well.

21. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Let's just hope something happens as going back to Everton under Sam would be a disaster! He will have Lookman on loan at Bolton next season!

22. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
  23. wellno

wellno Member+

Jul 31, 2016
    The german clubs aren't allowed to talk to him before his scholarship expires in the summer.

24. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Seems harsh, would have thought a couple of months at least before the scholarship expires would be fair for the player sort out his next step in development if it's to be away from the Club and in this case Liverpool.

25. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    I can only imagine that the continental clubs would be licking their lips at the prospect of an English club causing a fuss about a kid being tapped up. They'd have a field day by turning it back on the English sides who have been picking their lads off for years.

Marcho Gamgee and thebigman repped this.