England Under 21 Discussions Thread #7

Discussion in 'England' started by revelationx, Nov 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David Hurford

David Hurford Member

West Ham
    England
    Jul 15, 2017
    Reiss nelson is all over the pitch working to make an impact. Love it

2. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Stop it Reiss !!!

3. Gaz811

Gaz811 Member+

Everton FC
    England
    Oct 15, 2018
    What a goal!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Jenks and Garibaldi11 repped this.
  5. Gaz811

Gaz811 Member+

Everton FC
    England
    Oct 15, 2018
    Foden and Sessegnon on.Not bad subs to come on.

6. Gaz811

Gaz811 Member+

Everton FC
    England
    Oct 15, 2018
    Another good goal.

BarryfromEastenders repped this.
  7. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    We didn’t really sort ourselves out in the final third in that half. A bit too wasteful but still it was a dominant positive display. Best display of the campaign.

8. Gaz811

Gaz811 Member+

Everton FC
    England
    Oct 15, 2018
    I only saw the last 30 mins or so,but it looked like a training ground attack vs defence for most of it.

David Hurford repped this.
  9. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Same as first half. We did a good job getting the ball back quickly.

10. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    Can't remember who told me Barnes was better than Grealish but tonight was another proof that he's behind by some distance. Not that he was awful, but clearly not as gifted on the ball. I like wan bissaka, he's a bit different to the other options we have at senior level but there's something about him.

11. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    These last too games have been our best by far under Boothroyd in terms of controlling the game and letting the players create at will.

IGSpur, Garibaldi11 and David Hurford repped this.
  12. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Jenks repped this.
  13. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    I thought he had a decent game. He’s not a player that gets talked about much but I like his composure on the ball.

14. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Not to mention a class left foot.

15. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Saw quite a bit of him on loan at my club. Got this 'lazy' elegance about him which some fans might not think to well of but there is no denying his talent. Just needs a manager to trust him and believe in him and he comes to gold in the attacking third.

The Potter repped this.
  16. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC

17. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Dowell is really talented, lovely left foot. Just will probably get squeezed out by even more talented players. Likely to be competing with Lookman, Sancho, Mount, Maddison, Solanke, Nelson, Sessegnon, Foden, Barnes, Gray + Nketiah for a spot in the squad.

18. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    You’re probably right. It’s a shame he doesn’t favour a deeper position. His calmness on the ball and ability to slow the game down, could work really well in a Carrick type role. He’d obviously have to alter his game and add more defensive nous. Reckon it’s possible?

19. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Don't think his passing is consistent enough besides the defensive side of the game. Definitely an attacker in the 3.

kbarrett2316 repped this.
  20. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well I felt the same way about him with Roberts and Ojo in his same position and look what's happened.

21. Crvena Zvezda

Crvena Zvezda Member

Manchester United
    England
    Apr 11, 2017
    May I be the one to suggest that, contrary to the prevailing view on here, Aidy Boothroyd actually isn't doing a half bad job at this under-21 gig? I mean we're not exactly overachieving but we're not underachieving either. Give credit where credit is due, just so long as he's not being groomed as Southgate's successor I'm happy with him continuing in the role the way things have gone overall during his tenure.

22. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Disagree. With the talent we have we should've been racking in goals against everyone, but Holland really while we struggled many times to create and finish out games. That's because Aidy set us up to defend and allow pressure, which we never had to do.

23. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    are you basing this on results, or having watched the games?

24. Crvena Zvezda

Crvena Zvezda Member

Manchester United
    England
    Apr 11, 2017
    No I try and catch as many games as possible on tv or on a stream. Granted we don't play with the flair of Steve Cooper's squads at this level but we always look to have games under pretty good control and to be a well organised unit; the players knit together well and seem to know what their job is. Granted things could be more dynamic but I think we'd be a difficult team for any nation to beat. Maybe expectations are just excessive after recent successes at youth level.

25. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    The recent run of...

Andorra - Ukraine - Romania - China - Mexico - Qatar - Scotland - Mexico - Ukraine - Netherlands - Latvia, was honestly the worst stretch i've seen from our U21 side in years, possibly ever when taking the low level of opposition into account.

We were pretty open and fortunate to beat Romania + Ukraine at home. We only just scraped by Andorra away. Toulon was a whole month of the side playing below their standards with some bizarre set ups.

BarryfromEastenders repped this.