England Under 21 Discussions Thread #7

Discussion in 'England' started by revelationx, Nov 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Funnily enough that rumour is hotting up and is the only one for him at the moment.

2. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Connor Mahoney (loan) & Josh Da Silva joining Birmingham.

Whilst Lukas Nmecha was at the Villa game sitting with Villa reps. Was linked with Blackburn & Swansea.

3. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Roberts could go to Huddersfield on loan, I would say OK for that.

David Hurford repped this.
  4. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    David Hurford repped this.
  5. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Jay DaSilva has gone to Bristol City on loan

6. David Hurford

David Hurford Member

West Ham
    England
    Jul 15, 2017
    Glad he's not sitting rotting in the u21 but also wonder if he is capable of more than this

7. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Jake Clarke-Salter starts for Vitesse against Basel in the Europa League.

8. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    The English lads at Everton are screwed. They’ve signed a load of foreign mediocrity. They’ll likely fail to better Sam’s average points per game either.

9. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Yeah, maybe Everton is the most disappointing, though Fulham and Wolves were also happy to pay vast sum of money for talented, but still unproved foreign players. 30 million pounds for Anguissa? And they say English players are expensive.

10. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Pat Roberts.

Celtic or Europe it is then.

11. Manchester21

Manchester21 Member

Manchester City
    England
    Jun 17, 2017
    yep. in particular the young lads. dowell, davies and kenny are now all bench players. theyve bought a lot of mediocre foreign players instead of trusting the youth that they have.

12. greengrass81

greengrass81 Member

Manchester United
    Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I bet Roberts is regretting going to City now . Roberts was head and shoulders England's best player when they won the youth world cup a few years ago. And now at 21 it looks like his career is going nowhere

13. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Your talking about the 2014 U17 European Championship. I'm sure he's regretted signing for City for at least a year. The youth World Cup you're talking about was last year.

Opinions is one thing, but lack of facts is quite annoying when we've been saying what you've said for years.

14. greengrass81

greengrass81 Member

Manchester United
    Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Sorry, the European championship. Regardless whether it was the European cup or world cup he was still the player of the tournament which demonstrates his talent and what have you been saying for years that I said?

15. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Holgate will even struggle to get games I think.

Wonder if they will hold on to Lookman too.

16. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Everton have signed good players. The young English lads can always go the Championship or even Germany and France. It's not ideal but it's not going to change.

Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  17. wellno

wellno Member+

Jul 31, 2016
    I wouldn't fully agree with that, it definitely looks like a mixed bag to me - which would be an upgrade on what they did last summer I suppose.

Signing Richarlison for big money when he plays in Lookman's position was a travesty. That they've now also opportunistically bought Bernard at the last minute who's also a left winger does a good job of demonstrating the lack of proper planning and good squad management at these clubs. They have the cash to splash and when an agent indicates a glamorous/established/whatever name is available they jump on it. Now Lookman, Richarlison and Bernard are all competing for the same role in the team.

And Mina was at Barlelona for 6 months, played 6 games and then got sold for a cool €18m profit. People say World Cup signings don't happen any more but he's looking quite a lot like one to me, he might be good but I doubt Everton have seem him play much.

hussar repped this.
  18. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think Everton will be a cool 7th, which yeah is par for them but they are up against probably 6 of the best 20 teams in Europe. They overspend massively on Richarlison and I hate to think what Bernard's wage is but they are both good players, Bernard is actually a fantastic player imo. The two Barca lads are just not quite good enough for Barca but they are massive upgrades over what Everton did have, Everon put themselves in a real hole last summer and it's going to take themselves years to recover but I hope they do well because they are actually ambitious. You see Newcastle with a great manager and an amazing fan base a team that if they backed their manager could be crashing the top 6 and they've just blown it. I'd much rather be an Everton fan than a Newcastle fan. That's not quite the point you were making I apologise but I do think Everoton will be very good, well that's my opinion and I'll probably be totally wrong but we'll see.

19. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    I think Mina is a gamble, he is a danger at set pieces, but as a defender, who knows? Regarding Andre Gomes, he didn't show anything special either, he could be a hit or miss too. Just because the played for Barcelona, it will not make them automatically superstars.

20. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Maddison, Gray, and Chilwell all starting for Leicester tonight. Promising start...

Rashford for Man Utd too (and Luke Shaw, if I can sneak him into this thread).

21. Garibaldi11

Garibaldi11 Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC

22. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Any of those sounds like a worthwhile move. Don't know too much about their prospects for this season but they all did well last time around.

Garibaldi11 repped this.
  23. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ever since he was 16-17 we've been raving about how he could be the next big thing for England. We know how special he can still be, but he's lost that momentum of being young and getting solid first team game time. The good news is it looks like he might head to France and get first team action.

24. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
  25. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Brilliant. I'm sure if he's looking better than Richarlison, Silva will be entirely willing to admit that he spunked £40m on an inconsistent player that he didn't need. Totally see Lookman getting a fair chance, totally.

W.A.S.P., wellno and Rabbi Keane repped this.