England Under 21 Discussions Thread #7

Discussion in 'England' started by revelationx, Nov 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Wolves keeper Harry Burgoyne is apparently also with the U21's.

2. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    He's been training with them a few times over the last twelve months. I think it's partly a case of him making up the numbers for training drills and he's located near St Georges.

3. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Winks and Holgate have withdrawn from the Squad due to injuries. Winks is really having some rotten luck at the moment, hope it's nothing serious and really hope he's not going to be a serially injured like Wilshere.

4. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Not sure if he's still at SGP, but Woodman wasn't training with the three other keepers today.

5. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
  6. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
  7. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    I like the look of that team. Maybe want the left footed left back but other than that it looks quite well balanced.

8. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    Same here, surprised by the line up, for once with boothroyd it looks balanced.

9. brettspurs

brettspurs Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Nov 9, 2017
  10. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Just hope Maddison, Sessegnon and Onomah get a decent amount of time off the bench. Maybe starting Maddison over Dowell would have been more worthwhile considering Dowell has had a lot of chances and with this being a friendly.

Marcho Gamgee and brettspurs repped this.
  11. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    It would be nice to see Abraham get a couple of goals after such a disheartening season.

12. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    1-0 HT Gray with the goal.

Played some decent stuff. Great to see CM’s prepared to take people on. Dowell has made too many incorrect decisions in the final third.

13. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    We really should have Sessegnon and Maddison on by now o_O
    Boothroyd is woeful at squad use and granting opportunities.

14. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    15 mins left and only two changes (one because of injury) in a friendly when we have options that deserve a chance on the bench. Typical.

15. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    7 mins for Maddison. Boothroyd out.

16. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Maddison could have had two assists even with such a short spell on the pitch. Really frustrating. Is Sessegnon even going to play in the next game? What a waste that second half was. Could have given some of our starters more of a rest and given others a chance.

17. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    That was fine. Performances have been a bit mixed so far in this cycle. We're either going to lose a game soon or batter someone 7-0. We struggle to score that early 2nd goal to kill games off.

18. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Maddison was classy in the short time he was on. Lewin should have done much better with those two chances, particularly the first one, Instead of fecking about trying to lob he should have just thumped it towards the far posts.

19. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    Calvert Lewin is frustrating, he seems to have some real ability but fails to impose himself on games too often.

Maddison should have started I thought. Him and Sessegnon are possibly having the best seasons out of the whole squad. OK there are a number of Premier League players in there but they are playing week in and week out making a difference. Maddison deserves to start over Dowell at least.

20. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    Thought Ejaria looked extremely classy. Lost it twice when he tried to do too much but what a talent. Maybe he should try to go abroad if he can't make it in England. On the other hand I thought TAA looked very poor with the ball.

21. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Incidently he looked decent against South Korea in the U20 World Cup in the one game he played.

22. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    Yes, I remember it. Deserved to keep his place in the 11 IMO. I guess they thought he was too similar to Onomah but I would have played both.

23. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
  24. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I'll be interested to see Maddison get a start.

25. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Were they all out on the lash last night or something?