England Under 21 Discussions Thread #7

Discussion in 'England' started by revelationx, Nov 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    W.A.S.P. repped this.
  2. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    I had kind of forgotten about Armstrong but apparently he's being recalled by Newcastle to be loaned out again but this time to league 1. I know he's still young and can't say I've watched him much at all lately but just get the feeling he's not kicked on since his spell at Coventry a few years ago. I appreciate it's still early days and can't write him off just yet but for whatever reason he seems to have stagnated somewhat but to be fair he's not the only one at around this age and certainly won't be the last.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/spo...fer-gossip-championship-rivals-eyeing-1011997

W.A.S.P. and hussar repped this.
  3. wellno

wellno Member+

Jul 31, 2016
    Apparently Bolton wanted to keep him but Newcastle weren't happy with him being played out wide there.

4. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Doubt it's him not kicking on. Just the classic case of a bad side struggling against relegation who don't want a 5'7 lone striker so are playing him out wide. I'd rather most of the English youngsters go on loan to a promotion chasing League One sides for a 2nd season rather than a wallowing Championship side.

Of course the Bolton fans are coming out with 'he's just not that good' and writing him off as a player. In the same way Norwich fans did with Kane, Forest fans with Chalobah, Birmingham fans with Lingard and numerous other examples. Highly rated loanees are the players given the shortest time to produce out of pretty much anyone.

Marcho Gamgee and hussar repped this.
  5. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Liam Walsh signed permanently for Bristol City. Thinks this is a very good signing for both player and club, still having high hopes for him, a very positive midfielder with some good passing.

6. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
  7. lanman

lanman BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 30, 2002
    He's better than Championship relegation fodder.

8. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
  9. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    It feels like Izzy Brown is another English player made of glass. Just rotten luck for the lad, just hope it's not that serious and he's back again soon but looks like ligament damage to me.

10. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think he's fallen too far behind now. Big same because in 2014 he was right there with Roberts as one of the brightest U19 players in England and Europe.

11. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Ryan Kent's Bundesliga-loan was cut short and he's back to Liverpool, will go out on loan in a Championship team.

12. JRSG

JRSG Member+

Mar 25, 2015
    Club:
    Torquay United
    tbf to him he's just had a really successful Championship loan where two clubs of varying levels were super impressed by him. At 20, going into this season he was in a perfect spot but that opening day injury just completely stopped his momentum.

I think he's a perfect example of a player who has used the system to his advantage, and if he'd pushed a permanent deal through this summer I think he'd be a great example for others. Just a shame it was a loan and the injuries have now hit.

W.A.S.P. repped this.
  13. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Armstrong signs for Blackburn on loan. Also Cameron Brannagan close to join Ledson, Rothwell and Rob Hall at Oxford permanently.

14. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Freddie Woodman's likely to go to Oxford on loan too.

hussar repped this.
  15. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Bad news for Izzy Brown:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdvUA_Plzop/

"Not the news I wanted to hear, I have torn my ACL & it will need surgery to fix. I will come back fitter & stronger and hopefully be ready for next season. Thank you to everyone at Brighton for the love and support they showed towards me, the fans, the staff, & all the players. I’ve met some amazing people here & these memories will be with me forever.
    See you all next season❤️"

16. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I'd pretty much written Brown off quite a long time ago.

17. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Lookman has been left out of the Everton squad today, hope Sam does the decent thing and let him go out on loan as he's clearly not part of his plans. Saying that Calvert-Lewin isn't there either so not sure if he's injured or been pushed down the pecking order due to Tosun's arrival and Rooney as his back up on the bench.

18. wellno

wellno Member+

Jul 31, 2016
    Them selling Aaron Lennon makes me think Lookman will be kept around for depth. Porbably not the best place he could be.

19. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Well, to be honest as soon as they appointed big Sam I thought that things would change within the Squad and team make up. Had a feeling he would try and slowly phase out some of the younger players and presumably that's what's happening. Holgate and Kenny are still there but wouldn't be surprised if they get eased out in time.

20. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    Ben Chilwell appears to be the first team left back at Leicester now.
    Has started 10 of the last 14.

21. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    956526738691035138 is not a valid tweet id

ChristianSur repped this.
  22. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    He didn't get on the pitch but Manny Egbo was on the Monchengladbach bench tonight for the first time in a competitive game so I believe. Seems like he's hopefully heading in the right direction :)

ChristianSur repped this.
  23. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
  24. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Cracking goal, first the megs and then the strike. He will definitely be playing in the Prem next season for sure.

25. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    Jack Harrison to Man City? Don't really get it, he is clearly not THAT talented. Stoke or West Ham would have been better for him.