England Under 21 Discussions Thread #7

Discussion in 'England' started by revelationx, Nov 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. revelationx

revelationx Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    London
    Sounds like Will Hughes is being rested. ^^

2. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Hughes is injured. Out for a month or so.

3. Cevno

Cevno Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Shifting.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  4. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Any news of Will Keane's injury?

5. Cevno

Cevno Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Shifting.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    He's back doing running and light work is what i heard. Has bulked up his upper body too and grown more muscle.

Still, since his injury was worse than first thought he hasn't started ball work yet. Though, nothing is confirmed really.

6. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Don't think so - it'll be a few months yet before the dust clears I think. Presumably the same with Leo Chambers (at u18 level).

7. thepakster

thepakster Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Club:
    Walsall FC
  8. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Team for tonights match -

#EnglandU21s team v Romania: Butland, Clyne, Rose, Chalobah, Wisdom, Dawson, Lansbury, Henderson (c), Zaha, Shelvey, Sterling

9. Cevno

Cevno Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Shifting.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Chalobah at CB ?

10. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Think he'll be the DM.

11. Cevno

Cevno Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Shifting.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah, makes more sense.

Ince pulled out injured, it seems. Weird no strikers either.

He'll probably play Zaha up top like last time. Don't really like him there.

12. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Either that or he might try Shelvey through the middle like he played for Liverpool a few times.

13. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    is wickham hurt?

14. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    No he's on the bench.

1-0 at HT.

Here's Zaha's goal -

[​IMG]

BlueRebelZ repped this.
  15. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    3-0 FT. Zaha, Robinson and Delfouneso with the goals. Decent performance with Zaha and Sterling doing well. Chalobah with a good first start at this level too.

Typical U21 friendly in some ways. Not much pressing from the opposition. Wish Carroll and Wickham had been given more time on the pitch.

16. zXen

zXen Member

Oct 16, 2008
    England
    Yeah my one annoyance was Carroll and Wickham didn't come on earlier, a bit typical of Pearce. Carroll had quite an impact and looked impressive, hopefully he will get more time in the next game. I thought it was strange Pearce refused to talk to ESPN afterwards too.

17. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Hopefully Carroll and Wickham start the next game. Did I miss why McEachran was not involved at all?

18. b-El

b-El Member

May 6, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Why does Pearce play Zaha upfront? I know he has licence to drift but it's a bit weird when he has actual forwards in the squad.

Yet another friendly wasted with Henderson in the side when we could be seeing more of Carroll and others. FFS, it's not like he needs to cement his spot in the side.

Jason Lowe is never an international player so why the bloody hell does he get into squads ahead of Barkley? I don't care that Barkley hasn't had enough game time of late, much rather see potential picked ahead of cloggers.

19. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Because he's setting them up a fluid 4-3-3 which requires a lot of mobility, which the rest of the strikers (bar Ince and Keane who are injured) perhaps lack. Zaha was essentially playing the Messi role, and did it brilliantly I thought, especially considering that he's not used to playing there.

20. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    It's the new black.

21. Cevno

Cevno Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Shifting.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Michael Keane called up now apparently.

BarryfromEastenders repped this.
  22. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Good news about Michael Keane being called up.

Pearce has usually picked his regulars even in friendlies. Milner probably played every game in the same position for about four years lol. It's pretty much pot luck to who of the squad players get a chance. Doesn't ever seem to be any logic to it.

He's fallen out with Barkley too. So he'll probably only start wanting him again when/if he starts doing well in the PL. Like the Andy Carroll saga.

23. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Barkley does come across as a bit of a wrong 'un at times. Did anyone else see the red card he got in an U21 game for blatantly walking up to someone in the wall and punching them in the face?

24. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    I didn't see that but don't think this issue was wholly Barkley's fault at all.