England Senior Team General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'England' started by BarryfromEastenders, Jul 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Wouldn't mind Winks or Rice in there but I'd never play Dyer again and after having high hopes for Barkley I think he's actually regressing .

2. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    I'm not sold on Barkley either. I would like to see Grealish tried there and Rice (if he chooses us) is also a decent shout. Not discounting Maddison and RLC.

3. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    We will play The Netherlands in the Nations League semi-final.

4. greengrass81

greengrass81 Member

Manchester United
    Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    You have really changed your tune about Rice . Last month i was laughed at when I suggested he could be your midfield general for years to come.

5. greengrass81

greengrass81 Member

Manchester United
    Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Barkley looks like he has lost his confidence . He is never going to be anything more than a squad player for England . Its a shame because Barkley had the talent but he stayed too long at Everton. I think if he went to a club like Liverpool he might have turned his career around .

Although i think injuries have damaged him . He doesn't seem to be able to get away from players anymore . He must have lost some pace.

roverman repped this.
  6. greengrass81

greengrass81 Member

Manchester United
    Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Grealish needs to get out of the championship and even if he does . I think he is behind his development . You don't bring your game to the next level by playing with dogshit championship players .

7. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Not by me .. I don't think .

I'm not that familiar with him so it would be unfair to criticise him ..

8. greengrass81

greengrass81 Member

Manchester United
    Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    When i said you . It was directed at the majority of England fans on the board here .

9. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think this argument has been had a few times. Hoddle has a loads of caps and Le Tiss was up against Gazza, hardly a prosaic player himself.

10. Iansutton270390

Iansutton270390 Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Jan 12, 2019
    I've never changed my tune with rice. I'm pretty new on this board so never had an input before. Rate him very highly tbh. Hope we get him really because his quality as a player deserves to be playing around fellow young world class players.

11. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Winks is that sort of neat player we are desperate for.

W.A.S.P., hussar and Iansutton270390 repped this.
  12. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    He's tidy and has a nasty streak but we still NEED creativity ..
    Grealish could easily fit the bill .
    There aren't too many others ..maybe the ex Liverpool lad at Newcastle but he's got a loose connection or two ..

13. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Ahh .. you quoted me though to be fair ..

14. greengrass81

greengrass81 Member

Manchester United
    Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #2139 greengrass81, Jan 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
    I think if you have real aspirations of winning something . You need something more than a neat midfielder . Your central midfield has been weak for a long time it cost you against croatia . I know its a cliche in football but who ever wins the midfield battle usually wins the game .

International football in my view is quite weak at the moment . Brazil, Germany , Spain, Croatia, Holland and Italy etc have never looked as weak.

France are no great team . They beat a Belgium team that was completely mismanaged and had a poor team spirit with de bruyne and hazard fighting over the captaincy.

In the final they were under the cosh in the first half by a Croatian team that had one truly great player in Modric .

If you can get Declan Rice on board and if you can find a real creative midfielder, maybe foden might be the answer . With your solid defense and kane, sterling and rashford up front . There is no reason you can't win the euros

roverman repped this.
  15. greengrass81

greengrass81 Member

Manchester United
    Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I can see Grealish's career going the same way as Will Hughes.

16. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    How? He's not a creative player.

17. greengrass81

greengrass81 Member

Manchester United
    Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    You must never have seen Grealish play?.

TitoTata repped this.
  18. ESBFC123

ESBFC123 Member

Barnsley FC
    England
    Jan 19, 2019
    Say what you want about France, but its hardly surprising they won the WC, they were my favourites by far. God I wish we had the depth they have.

19. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Grealish is creative imo.

TitoTata and ESBFC123 repped this.
  20. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    Yes he is. On another topic, Gomez will undergo surgery apparently... I could feel it coming. Pretty sure he will miss the season now. Terrible news

21. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He’s our best cb when fit imo

Immense talent

22. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    Just thinking about our midfield. Winks is in great from and deserves to keep his place. Dier would probably take the defensive spot for now.

Who would take the more attacking place though?

23. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Dier is well overrated imho .. I'd blood the Hammers's youngster as he's the future.

24. El_Mittinho_ii

May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I know he's injured at the moment, but Dele Alli is still our best AM.

A 3 man midfield should be a DM central, an MC playing a 2 way role and an AM.

Dier starting, Henderson the senior option with Declan Rice one to bring through into the mix.

Winks starting, RLC and Delph the other options.

Alli, with Barkley and Maddison in and around the squad. I haven't seen enough of Mount but I know he's highly rated too for that role, and Foden inevitably but not yet.

2 of Rashford, Sterling and Sancho (CHO the obvious next big thing too) supporting Kane or Rashford.

Front 6, sorted.

25. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    I don't think we can count on Rice just yet.

I'd probably go Dier, Winks and RLC/Alli/Maddison for now.

Barkley is in the mix but I'm not convinced by him really. He's playing more than RLC but I just have the feeling RLC is the better player. Having said that, I wasn't that impressed by Rashford until recently - so he might prove me wrong.