England Senior Team General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'England' started by BarryfromEastenders, Jul 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AJ123

AJ123 Member+

Man Utd
    England
    Feb 17, 2018
    Wan Bissaka needs to be in the senior squad. There's no better ball winner in world football and the stats back it up. He's the kind of player that would be invaluable in tight tournament knockout games.

W.A.S.P. and David Hurford repped this.
  2. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    What English player do people think Madrid or Barca might approach? Sterling seems the obvious choice, maybe Madrid and Kane. I cant think of another English player either would drop serious coin for. Maybe Rashford for a more "reasonable" fee?

3. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Pretty much every player coming into the first team or poised to come into the girst team I'm excited about. Rice and CHO, Foden and Bissaka soon. I know im being very English and buying into the hype but I think tbis cycle will be one of the greatest cycles for English debutants ever.

4. TopBanana10

TopBanana10 Member+

Millwall
    England
    Sep 8, 2018
    An upside to all these players coming through is that the pressure isn't on any one particular player. Sancho isn't unduly under the spotlight because the likes of CHO and Rice are also catching attention.

David Hurford repped this.
  5. RobTheFool

RobTheFool Member+

Apr 19, 2008
    London, England
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Rashford isn’t good enough for Barca/Madrid

Sterling would improve both teams but he’d be too expensive and doubt he’d move

Sancho/CHO would probably be potential transfers

6. El_Mittinho_ii

May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Sterling is plenty good enough, certainly on the evidence of the last 12-24 months, but he doesn't have the international star reputation of (e.g.) Hazard, Neymar, Mbappe, and that's what Real Madrid go for.

Similar for Sancho and CHO - the potential is there, they could well be Real Madrid quality players but up and coming isn't really their style. Barcelona maybe for either, but they already have Dembele to fill the "hugely talented but youthfully inconsistent winger" quota.

Despite the quality in the England squad, I don't think there's a big money foreign transfer for any this summer unless CHO (or Sancho?) goes to Bayern.

7. RobTheFool

RobTheFool Member+

Apr 19, 2008
    London, England
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    One thing I certainly don’t want to happen that I keep hearing about is Sancho to Man Utd. Would be a terrible move for him - Man Utd are a poor team and he’s much better suited abroad

W.A.S.P. and roverman repped this.
  8. David Hurford

David Hurford Member

West Ham
    England
    Jul 15, 2017
    Amen to this. Would be a terrible move because they are very up and down. They also have enough young forward players we need to see given a chance like gomes and greenwood. On the flip side ive always thought dortmund would be a great move for cho. He would have little competition for a starting birth and would have a shot at trophies and play champions league every year

roverman repped this.
  9. dbs235

dbs235 Member

Mar 30, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Would be great to see Dortmund with CHO and Sancho on either wing.

David Hurford and roverman repped this.
  10. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Unless CHO runs out his contract I think that ship has sailed. They won't pay what it takes to get him.

11. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    How is sancho inconsistent? Hes been a revalation this season

12. Iansutton270390

Iansutton270390 Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Jan 12, 2019
    I'm trying not to sound so English when I say this but I believe sancho has been Dortmund's best player by far this season. With the goals and assists he has playing in a top 5 league fighting for the title, I wouldn't say he's been inconsistent atall given his age and lack of experience.

W.A.S.P., David Hurford and roverman repped this.
  13. El_Mittinho_ii

May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Maybe inconsistent is the wrong word, but youthful. He has been excellent and everything points toward him being "the next big thing", but his portfolio of evidence is only this season so it's not possible to call him a sure thing, can't miss signing for the big boys like Real.

roverman repped this.
  14. David Hurford

David Hurford Member

West Ham
    England
    Jul 15, 2017
    I think thats how that will work because concurrently chelsea will also refuse to sell.

15. David Hurford

David Hurford Member

West Ham
    England
    Jul 15, 2017
    #3115 David Hurford, Apr 22, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
    Sancho's consistency is in his numbers which show a goal or assist nearly every game. Ive seen every match hes played this year and he has carried them many times. The game against mainz is an example. Without him they would have lost the title a long time ago. Hes also played more minutes than 90% of his team mates. I would agree theres development to do though and he has struggled to perform at a higher level. He has not put up the same numbers in the champions league or against bayern. His stats have outperformed ousmane dembele and cristiano ronaldo at the same age though, so I have confidence that with time and coaching hell get there

roverman repped this.
  16. Iansutton270390

Iansutton270390 Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Jan 12, 2019
    Yeah he's only just turned 19 so he's got plenty to learn yet. I like his attitude though. The attitude that he always wants to improve. It's very Ronaldo like. I've got no doubt he will turn into one of the best players in the world.

17. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Noticed that Villa had Beene on a terrible run but since Grealish returned from injury they've won a club record of ten consecutive games .

He should at least be in consideration for England given our lack of creativity ...

18. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's almost a fact that he's their best player this season.

19. RobTheFool

RobTheFool Member+

Apr 19, 2008
    London, England
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Reus has been pretty good for them as well..

Don’t want to spoil the party but I’ve seen a lot of their games and Sancho has been very good to excellent in most of them, a few he’s been quiet but that’s totally understandable at his young age and I still think he’ll be a superstar.

20. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    I would say Reus, Witsel and then Sancho.

21. Iansutton270390

Iansutton270390 Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Jan 12, 2019
    All down to opinion I suppose. One thing we should all agree on is that playing week in week out with world class players like witsel, reus and the like is certainly helping his development.

22. RobTheFool

RobTheFool Member+

Apr 19, 2008
    London, England
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Absolutely. He should stay for another season and then only move on if an offer comes in from Real Madrid/Barcelona.

Moving to Man Utd/Chelsea would not be good..

23. dbs235

dbs235 Member

Mar 30, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    CHO off injured in the first half for Chelsea. To be honest I thought he was poor while he was on.

24. Iansutton270390

Iansutton270390 Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Jan 12, 2019
    I think his heart for playing for Chelsea is gone tbh. Bayern bound this summer if you ask me.

25. David Hurford

David Hurford Member

West Ham
    England
    Jul 15, 2017
    And Reus is such a class act as well. What an outstanding mentor.

W.A.S.P. and TopBanana10 repped this.