End of Iraq War

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by profiled, Oct 21, 2011.

1. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  2. Mr. Conspiracy

Mr. Conspiracy Member+

Apr 14, 2011
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sorry. You so correct, tears fall from my cheeks. LOL

Moishe repped this.
  3. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  4. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    Iraq, however, invented "above." Its in the Bible...

Moishe repped this.
  5. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'll have to pick up a big book of fairy tales and verify that for myself.

6. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I have been preoccupied with other things, including the World Cup, to have followed the news regarding Iraq as closely as I ordinarily would. But on the surface, it looks straight forward enough: the folks who were defeated in Syria, have now been moved to Iraq! And while in Syria, the coalition to bring down Assad overtly included the Americans and the Europeans, this time (on the surface at least) the crazies are backed by the Saudis and the other Persian Gulf sheiks alone.

In the meantime, though, while things are a bit more complicated, the actual outcome in Iraq is not going to be all that different than in Syria. The scum that are causing the mayhem will be defeated. Hopefully they will have no where else to go, although perhaps they can be directed in due course on the Saudis and their other patrons. In fact, that is what I hope will happen one day. The Saudis should pay for all they have done.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/26/world/middleeast/iran-iraq.html?_r=0
    Btw, Iran has reportedly returned the 130 aircraft that had fled to Iran during Desert Storm to Iraq, so the Iraqis could use them in their fight against ISIS.

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/n...urns-military-aircraft-to-iraq-after-20-years

7. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Iraq will end up partitioned. Bushs stupid war was an attempt to shore up the crumbling aftereffects of the demise of the Ottoman Empire following WWI. Yes, all of this is a direct result of WWI. The Kurds have made their State and will effectively defend it. Kurdistan is a thing now and look forward to a new country in the Olympics. In order to hold the artifical entity that was Iraq it took a cork-in-the-bottle regime like the Bathists. When Bush destroyed that he ended Iraq.

Now, Cheney wants to complain to the Janitor (obama) that the bathroom is flooded despite being the little ******** who threw the M80 in the toilet.

8. Mr. Conspiracy

Mr. Conspiracy Member+

Apr 14, 2011
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I recall multiple times when I posted under Scarecrow, that Iraq would be bestter off served as a new 3 state solution. Kudristan, a Shia state and a sunni state.

9. minerva

minerva Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    including gay connections?

10. minerva

minerva Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

11. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    So you are Scarecrow. lol

12. Transparent_Human

Oct 15, 2006
    Pale blue dot
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mauritius
    Pheewwww I was scared for a few decades there an Arab state might get to stable and powerful, might even become a regional power. Can't have that.

13. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    There is only one Arab state with that potential, which is Egypt. The largest and most cohesive Arab state with most conventional power/manpower. In fact the only "real" Arab nation state.
    Traditionally Egypt was always influential actor and the center of gravity of Arab power.
    Right now its going through some internal problems though and cant really project its power/influence beyond its own borders.

14. Transparent_Human

Oct 15, 2006
    Pale blue dot
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mauritius
    Iraq could have been one. Or a Confederation of sorts.

But Saudi Arabia and Israel are the current boss' BFFs so it will never happen.

15. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Iraq was always too small. Weak state institutions.

16. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    The Saudis seem to be scared shitless that their Frankeinstein monster may come back and bite their creator.

http://news.yahoo.com/saudi-arabia-deploys-30-000-soldiers-border-iraq-070023046.html

Chickens coming home to roost

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/07/05/us-saudi-border-idUSKBN0FA04620140705

17. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Transparent_Human repped this.
  18. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...d3cb91-af7d-4efd-9fdb-97a28a5965af_story.html

19. Mr. Conspiracy

Mr. Conspiracy Member+

Apr 14, 2011
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, that was established over 2 years ago.

20. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
  21. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    While a partition that is not coerced but instead reflects the political will of the Iraqi people, and which is part of larger regional arrangements that seek to provide a more stable and authentic division power in the Middle East would be appropriate, at this juncture this talk is premature and inappropriate. Instead, the focus should be on freeing the parts of Iraq which have been grabbed by the crazies and mercenaries operating under the label ISIS and cleaning the country of their presence. Once that mission is accomplished, the discussion can focus on what are the best long term arrangements for Iraq and the region as a whole? I have my own ideas in that regard.

In the meantime, not surprisingly, the Iraqi army has begun to show marked improvement in its resolve and efficacy in battling the crazies. Not only have they begun holding their ground but are mounting counter-offensives to begin what will be a gradual process of regaining the country from these idiots.

22. Mr. Conspiracy

Mr. Conspiracy Member+

Apr 14, 2011
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    #199 JBigjake, Jul 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
  24. minerva

minerva Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    there's a difference between worshiping a rock and worshiping at a rock.